List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If port offered their future second that would be a great outcome. They will have a tougher draw and points for McGuane would open up more for us this year potentially.
I’d like to know what we’re doing with our future 1st before I made that call. If we’re retaining our future 1st then I’d push for 37, but if we moved our future 1st into this year I’d chase their future 2nd. I wouldn’t bank on that pick being much different next year because I don’t see them slipping much and there’ll be some academy and FA picks.

Both clubs have an eye to different futures with Port needing to bring in a number of players if they are to be competitive in '25 and beyond. Here is my take:

Coll receive: Houston & F2

Port receive: F1, Pick 48, Richards & Ryan

Just a thought......
Keep thinking I reckon 👍

Sinn is out of contract next year?

When Farrell is back in the team, will Sinn be a regular? They have Lachie Jones and Jase Burgoyne also off half back.

If we don't accept Ports offer for Richards then does he going into the draft?
They'll hang onto him and offer a new deal, Bergman will leave first so Port still says no.

52a01a5812a9a1bfc5ee759ccaf907d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The League weighed up bringing in the new model for this year, but was met with strong resistance from clubs who had already traded in future picks under the current model.

It means this will be the last year of the current model before the new points system is introduced next year.

Across the changes, around 10,000 points have been shaved off the DVI in the new system, including taking away points for any pick after No.54. Under the previous system, points were attached to picks through to No.73.

The No.1 pick value will remain at 3000 points but there will be a steeper drop-off in points thereafter. From picks 2-10, all of those picks are worth at least 100 points fewer in next year's model, while that gap grows as the draft goes on.
Pick 20 in the current model is worth 912 points and in the new model will be worth 757 points. Pick 30 in the current model garners a club 629 points but in the new model will have only 454 points attached to it.

By pick 40, the gap is almost at 200 points – this year will be the last time it is worth 429 points and next year it has been assigned 238 points.

This has all been done so clubs are not able to match bids by stocking up on middle-range draft picks, with the AFL keener for them to have to pay fairer price for father-son and Academy players. It will also make it far more difficult next year and beyond to match multiple bids on players within the same draft without going into a points deficit.

To that end, the AFL looked closely at the 'matching zone' of the draft, where clubs had typically stocked up on picks and points to match on prospects between pick 29 and 46. In that part of the draft alone, nearly 3500 points have been taken out of the new DVI.

The change in points system for 2025 will have an impact on this year's Trade Period and Telstra AFL Draft, with club list bosses and recruiters having to navigate future picks worth a different value to this year's draft selections.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back