List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn Board:
Poster A: "Know someone close to JUH, (this from a while back but) said he definitely won't be a one club player, unsure when he'll be off, unlikely this year but he'll be gone sooner or later. Sights are on a "big MCG based club" (no specific club yet obviously)"

Poster B: "Got Collingwood written all over it"
Bigfooty poster on another board speculating on another posters supposed old 2nd hand knowledge of a potential move sometime in the future.

Love it!

Hawthorn Board:
Poster A: "Know someone close to JUH, (this from a while back but) said he definitely won't be a one club player, unsure when he'll be off, unlikely this year but he'll be gone sooner or later. Sights are on a "big MCG based club" (no specific club yet obviously)"

Poster B: "Got Collingwood written all over it"
That would be interesting if he came to us after the Nicky Winmar salute. Not saying wouldn’t welcome him. Just would be an interesting set of events.

That would be interesting if he came to us after the Nicky Winmar salute. Not saying wouldn’t welcome him. Just would be an interesting set of events.
We've had a few indigenous players since then and do things much better these days. Shouldn't be a problem and he still loves Collingwood

I seriously doubt he would take something like that in to consideration. It was a tribute to Winmar, not a dig at Collingwood of 30 years ago. Reading waaay too much in to it.

Dev coaching would be pretty low-risk recruiting I would have thought. It's an extra warm body to do skills training and mentoring. Given Boak is a former captain I reckon it would be a good move.

Didn't he play cricket

I can't help but feel like if JUH was truly going to leave for a "big" Melbourne club, Essendon would be more likely than us.
Not sure if a club that hasn’t won a final in 20 years can still be considered a big club…. Possibly a former big club, but surely no longer a big club today.

I imagine I’m going against the grain since a lot of the supporter base has been desperate for a star KPF for a while but I would rather not chase JUH.

Clearly very talented but set shot kicking technique is iffy, seems to get the yips in big moments and not sure he works hard enough especially for our game style.

For that price if we have to get someone out of the Dogs’ million dollar club I would much rather it be Naughton and somehow convince him to go back to CHB. That position has become a lot sexier in the past few years and the Pies bring extra exposure anyway (if that’s why he didn’t want to play there anymore).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't help but feel like if JUH was truly going to leave for a "big" Melbourne club, Essendon would be more likely than us.
Let’s not pretend that a club that hasn’t won a final for over 20 years is regarded as one of the “big” clubs anymore.

I imagine I’m going against the grain since a lot of the supporter base has been desperate for a star KPF for a while but I would rather not chase JUH.

Clearly very talented but set shot kicking technique is iffy, seems to get the yips in big moments and not sure he works hard enough especially for our game style.

For that price if we have to get someone out of the Dogs’ million dollar club I would much rather it be Naughton and somehow convince him to go back to CHB. That position has become a lot sexier in the past few years and the Pies bring extra exposure anyway (if that’s why he didn’t want to play there anymore).
Why is it that whenever we have the chance to get a real KF, the doubters come out. Naughton is so far behind JUH that it's not even a contest. **** Naughton, we don't even know if he can play defence. I want a KF and I want one now. Rant over

The person I’d love the get in (and zero chance of happening) is Jezza Cameron.

I think we'll go all in this year and trade in next year's first. Why wait another 12 months for what looks like a weak draft. I really believe we'll be hunting another flag next year
I would too rumour has it that we have been talking to the swans about swapping out future first with there pick 19 and 20 plus we should get at least 26 from Gold Coast for Noble and pick 37 from Port for Richards that would unders for mine but with what we currently have it gives us some opportunity to move further up the draft think we will take 3 maybe 4 picks to the draft hopefully 3 in the top 30 would be nice
There are certainly some clubs looking for points Essendon
Brisbane Carlton and Gold Coast
Also hope we can snag
a couple of younger guys from other clubs Perryman
as a free agent would be nice and maybe a Kennedy who
would come cheap and improve our list immediately
3 or 4 talented young kids and a couple of ready made players and we will give it a nudge next year

I would too rumour has it that we have been talking to the swans about swapping out future first with there pick 19 and 20 plus we should get at least 26 from Gold Coast for Noble and pick 37 from Port for Richards that would unders for mine but with what we currently have it gives us some opportunity to move further up the draft think we will take 3 maybe 4 picks to the draft hopefully 3 in the top 30 would be nice
Also hope we can snag
3 or 4 talented young kids and a couple of ready made players and we will give it a nudge next year
I'm all for it mate. Just one more flag before I go to the big MCG in the sky. I know it's greedy but I saw so many GF losses that I would die happy seeing 4 flags

Why is it that whenever we have the chance to get a real KF, the doubters come out. Naughton is so far behind JUH that it's not even a contest. **** Naughton, we don't even know if he can play defence. I want a KF and I want one now. Rant over

Naughton started his career as a defender. Has all the traits to do well there. Would be a lethal combo with Moore.

Just don’t rate JUH as highly as some and price would be steep.

We won a flag with Checkers and Frampton in key forward positions.

The person I’d love the get in (and zero chance of happening) is Jezza Cameron.

Yep the best non midfielder in the game. Was filthy when we missed out on him (more so than Tom Lynch). If only he liked oat lattes more than he likes fishing.

Also hope we can snag
That would be a better draft hand, and we can try use some of those picks in the 30's to move up a bit. Would have us more options to get more talent in the door.

Bobby was already at Collingwood when this happened and it would be more about if JUH would be comfortable that Pies have changed.
If we hadn't changed & Indigenous players didn't feel comfortable at the club, we wouldn't have any on our list. And we have 4, as well as ex players in other roles who are Indigenous.

Is this because JUH doesn’t like finals, potentially more in it for the off-season antics in Bali? Can’t blame him to be honest, why work harder than you have to!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back