List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It's going to be hard for Richards to say no to a hefty deal from Port which includes a trigger for a fourth.

But with Harrison out all of next year and Elliott potentially coming into his last year, he's almost guaranteed senior game time with us.
Honestly it kind of feels like we’re positioning ourselves to extract max value in a trade for him, at least to me.

Give him an offer that on the surface looks like we want to keep him but make sure it’s not as enticing as Ports deal, then use the fact we’ve offered him the revised contract as proof we want to keep him and drive a hard bargain at the trade table.

Of course I could be completely wrong. It’s just my gut feel.

This always makes wonder when they bring in a guy straight from playing regarding a coaching role.
How do they access if he can do the job or not (or is it a roll of the dice bc he’s a good / smart footballer?)

Felt it’s a bit like saying they were a good student so therefore will make a good teacher…

Btw, I have no idea if it’s a great good or bad appointment- or is it all about IP (from Port…!!!)
He's a famously great trainer & mentor, FWIW, plus it's a development role, isn't it?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perrymans girlfriend plays for GWS in the netball but I'm not sure she is contracted for them in 2025, so alot might depend on where she signs.
We don’t have a Netball team anymore

Honestly it kind of feels like we’re positioning ourselves to extract max value in a trade for him, at least to me.

Give him an offer that on the surface looks like we want to keep him but make sure it’s not as enticing as Ports deal, then use the fact we’ve offered him the revised contract as proof we want to keep him and drive a hard bargain at the trade table.

Of course I could be completely wrong. It’s just my gut feel.
100% correct, bargaining tool.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back