List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If we manage to get a coup and snag Perryman as a free agent , he goes in to my primary midfield mix.

Crisp to a wing
Sidey tagger
Pendles flank-wing
JDG mid-forward
Mitchell Allan Perryman Nick - primary mids
That's depressing as Sidey, Pendles are literally doing a fare well tour next season. Both are still best 25 for sure, but should be sitting out one game every month to preserve themselves later in the season.

DeGoey will miss games as he always does and his burst is actually needed in the middle to counter good teams with burst midfielders.
Perryman if he comes looks to be a Hoskin-Ellioy type utility knife player so that's good... Allan needs to show more.... Mitchell is also a year older and more injury prone.

Richards will be interesting to see what happens there, now we have given him the additional year.
Is it worth packing up and moving interstate for one extra year on a contract or back yourself in at the Pies and take the 3 years, and work hard to be a senior regular from next season....🤔
Depends on our deal compared to Ports. If Port have offered a lot more cash he might still prefer to go to Port.
Might also be a ploy to try to get a decent pick out of Port. We might tell Richards manager that our deal is decent and if Port doesnt offer a 2nd rounder we expect him to either sign our deal or go into the draft. Let's face facts Richards might be a good player but we have about 4 small/medium forwards who are currently filling his role.

How many trades are we going to do how many draft picks are we going to have
Why delist a player when they may have some value to someone else
How many senior and rookie list spots are we going to have
What fits into the salary caps and what doesn’t can we back end players contracts to fit a big name player in
Do we use our future first
in this years draft and do we have enough points for next for McGuane and any NGA players that might be of draftable standard
What will the final list mix look like does it have the balance required
Its certainly more involved in just delisting players
Until the trade prior finishes we will not no a lot of these answers
I am sure Lepps has his ideas and thoughts he a very capable operator and once he and the club has sorted it out we will be the last to know as it should be
The only reason Begg was delisted is that we already have 4 ruckman on the list and there was simply no spot for him Steene and Smitt where seen
as better prospects
I was taking the piss with the original comment and apologies I was winding you up with the second one. Of course I don't think Leppa has done anything wrong - yet.

I followed Perryman closely in 2023. He’s a good player. He’s not a superstar so I’ll be keen to know the $$$ we have offered.

He will be in the best 10-18 each week.

We'll pay a lot if we get him. Clubs have cap space due to the increase and like we appear to have a few other clubs will have the strategy of using it to recruit without a trade cost.

I was taking the piss with the original comment and apologies I was winding you up with the second one. Of course I don't think Leppa has done anything wrong - yet.
Retro GIF by Sound FX

I followed Perryman closely in 2023. He’s a good player. He’s not a superstar so I’ll be keen to know the $$$ we have offered.

He will be in the best 10-18 each week.

I still don’t know if Perryman can really play as a first rotation midfielder though. I haven’t seen enough at AFL level to definitively show he can.

Just seems given it requires no draft pick outlay we are overpaying on the contract a fair bit.

IMO Perryman is different.
Hopper is a one trick pony.
Taranto is good but questionable disposal and again no very flexible.

Perryman is like a defensive version of WHE or Sidey in that he can play mid, wing, def (Chrisp style). If we are trying to recruit him as an inside mid I don't have a problem but if it's an inside/outside mid I question his pace. He can run all day but doesn't have the explosive pace to breakaway.
I wasn’t comparing them as players I was comparing the situation as a reason why he would turn down ports offer in favour of ours if ours was less tenure and dollars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn’t comparing them as players I was comparing the situation as a reason why he would turn down ports offer in favour of ours if ours was less tenure and dollars.
He wants to play out his career as an AFL midfielder which he can't do at GWS and he would also find it hard at Port. Butters Rozie and JHF are all younger and better established than him as midfielders.
While at Collingwood he will be competing against Mitchell (31 with foot injuries), Pendlebury (37), Sidebottom (34), Crisp (31), Daicos and a non established Allan. We can pretty much guarantee him a primary midfield spot.

Have no problem with perryman.

- Can play a variety of roles and the club in recent times have been excellent at targeting players for certain roles

- right age bracket for a team lacking in that age cohort

- doesn’t hurt pies weak draft hand or compromise next years draft

- can manipulate the contract so that it pays more two years from now when veterans have retired

1. Landing Perryman

2. retaining Richards (and repurposing him to nobles role)

3. attracting a tall to help with KPP depth

4. Upgrading this years picks without compromising next years draft too much

^ all this and I’d be a happy enough with the trade period

A couple of new pieces and the kids like Allan, Parker, HDM, Smit, TJ etc coming on next year and things don’t look to bad 👍

Why Give up on Dean and Reef?
If we need list spots for trades and free agents. We could delist and re-rookie.

For example we might need primary list spots for
Perryman
Houston
Riccardi (we should be targeting him if we want a forward )
1st rounder (trade in with future 1st)
2nd rounder (from Noble)
2nd rounder (from Richards)
2nd rounder (Hawks pick)

We could even do a dodgy deal to get GWS 1st round compo for Perryman.

eg Riccardi + 2nd rounder in a pretend salary dump if we guarantee GWS a 1st round compo for Perryman (Overpay Perryman eg 1 million for 3 years and then extend the rest of his contract later).
It probably wouldn't work but I can dream.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back