List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

i can understand Dean, although it doesn't leave us with much depth down back, but its bewildering that Reef hasn't been given a contract as yet.

Reef is super young and has shown he can kick goals. He lacks tank but that's because he is being developed only as a forward. He should be given time as a half forward and a role to run as a receiver to help get the ball across to inside 50. He's got physical tools and again... just 21.

Dean is too slow. His best game of the year is when he completed 3 basic plays without messing up.
The first 3 games of the season his direct competition scored at will and Dean looked far beaten. He is slow and has no ability to contest the ball in the air. Again, his lack of athleticism is OK if he was smart defensively... but he's not.

Maybe we think there’s better key defender prospect out there in the draft or a better mature ager in the state leagues.
I think we need to add one even if we retain Dean. I think it’s safe to assume we’re in it to win it next year based on our list management strategy to date so that means two options capable of senior footy. The first to replace Dean and the second the additional option. The caveat being a guy like Aleer who would be an upgrade on Dean, but I don’t see it happening.

Reef is super young and has shown he can kick goals. He lacks tank but that's because he is being developed only as a forward. He should be given time as a half forward and a role to run as a receiver to help get the ball across to inside 50. He's got physical tools and again... just 21.

Dean is too slow. His best game of the year is when he completed 3 basic plays without messing up.
The first 3 games of the season his direct competition scored at will and Dean looked far beaten. He is slow and has no ability to contest the ball in the air. Again, his lack of athleticism is OK if he was smart defensively... but he's not.
Going to play Devils advocate on Dean and say that he is a young 22 year old (guess) that is just starting to get his confidence back after 2 years of foot issues. His speed and agility will improve dramatically with another preseason under his belt if he stays injury free because until recently he has not been able to train much. He is also almost a free hit if we delist and re-rookie him. Although it would make him a UFA everytime he came out of contract.

Going to play Devils advocate on Dean and say that he is a young 22 year old (guess) that is just starting to get his confidence back after 2 years of foot issues. His speed and agility will improve dramatically with another preseason under his belt if he stays injury free because until recently he has not been able to train much. He is also almost a free hit if we delist and re-rookie him. Although it would make him a UFA everytime he came out of contract.
He's a rookie already.

Okay I thought we main listed him.
Nah
He is on his last year on the rookie list, so I find it weird they even mentioned him lol
Especially with the new rookie rules where if you have played 10 or less afl games, you can stay on the rookie list up tor 5 years now.

Without this new rule, they may have had to make a hard call to either delist or promote

I think we need to add one even if we retain Dean. I think it’s safe to assume we’re in it to win it next year based on our list management strategy to date so that means two options capable of senior footy. The first to replace Dean and the second the additional option. The caveat being a guy like Aleer who would be an upgrade on Dean, but I don’t see it happening.
I was starting to think that I'm the only one who believes we're going all out next year. It's so obvious and time for people to strap themselves in and enjoy the ride. A good run with injuries and we are right in it again

Pendles said last night that he is gonna come back in the best shape he's ever been in, to be as fit as he has been in 20 years, so give 2025 one last shot.
Can he drag a few of our younger players along with him. He might as well start his coaching career in 2025 as well. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luko choosing Port has to help with Collingwood getting Perryman.

Pies make the most sense in regards to midfield time.

He won't be in our best 7-8 players, should be 9-18 type player.

Unless we are flat broke and unable to get the deal done, in a year when we have no first round pick and we're bringing back a lot of older players, going hard after a free agent who can make us better in 2025 is nothing but sensible.

Saving the money until we're bereft of options and our older players have retired is silly.

This is an option to bring in a player that, if traded for, would have drawn a first round pick, effectively giving us the first round value that we lost trading the pick last year.

Not worth quibbling over the increase of a small value in terms of contract or an extra year or two.

Absolutely, especially given the coming cap increases. Who gives a shit whether McStay is getting $550k or $600k right now?
giphy.gif

It was said Reef, Kreuger, Dean (not sure why dean is includ as he's on the rookie list) have been told they have to wait til post trade period

So who the tall/s we chasing to Replace them?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back