List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton is attempting to secure Gold Coast’s No. 12 draft pick to make a play at Port Adelaide All Australian Dan Houston as the Blues and North Melbourne haggle over the departing star.
North Melbourne has offered up a trade that would include its future first-rounder, which in the past five seasons has either been the first or second selection.

Clubs asking about Houston have been told the Blues and Roos are the strong front-runners despite him examining his options in recent weeks.

Carlton wants to keep its No. 11 draft pick to secure a young talent in a bumper 2024 national draft crop so is attempting to secure another first-round pick.

The Blues would offer up a future first-rounder to Gold Coast for their No. 12 pick, and then would on-trade that selection to the Power for Houston.

Quite clearly the Power would prefer a Roos selection that will surely be in the top five draft selections even if North Melbourne makes some improvement next year.

Gold Coast might accept a future first-rounder for Jack Lukosius, who chose Port Adelaide as his club of choice on Tuesday.

The fact North Melbourne is a contender is a feather in their cap given he must believe they are a chance to make a strong improvement in quick time given he is 27 and might have only four or five more seasons at his peak.

The Suns have picks six, 12, 20 and 26 and the Tigers will ask for more than their No. 6 draft pick for Daniel Rioli, who is contracted.

While the Suns will push back hard they will have to use pick six in some way in a trade for Rioli.

Collingwood is asking for a first-rounder for half back John Noble but will have to be satisfied with pick 20, which will filter back a handful of spots after NGA and father-son bids.

Not fussed either way, but I'd prefer him as depth over any of Sullivan, Long, Bytel, Macrae. He'd be handy if we could move Macrae to another team, but otherwise I wouldn't go with both on the list.
Not sure what’s wrong with Parfit - he can’t get a game in a weak midfield.
He’s got good speed and size so should have been a regular but others were preferred.
It’s a puzzle.

Carlton is attempting to secure Gold Coast’s No. 12 draft pick to make a play at Port Adelaide All Australian Dan Houston as the Blues and North Melbourne haggle over the departing star.
North Melbourne has offered up a trade that would include its future first-rounder, which in the past five seasons has either been the first or second selection.

Clubs asking about Houston have been told the Blues and Roos are the strong front-runners despite him examining his options in recent weeks.

Carlton wants to keep its No. 11 draft pick to secure a young talent in a bumper 2024 national draft crop so is attempting to secure another first-round pick.

The Blues would offer up a future first-rounder to Gold Coast for their No. 12 pick, and then would on-trade that selection to the Power for Houston.

Quite clearly the Power would prefer a Roos selection that will surely be in the top five draft selections even if North Melbourne makes some improvement next year.

Gold Coast might accept a future first-rounder for Jack Lukosius, who chose Port Adelaide as his club of choice on Tuesday.

The fact North Melbourne is a contender is a feather in their cap given he must believe they are a chance to make a strong improvement in quick time given he is 27 and might have only four or five more seasons at his peak.

The Suns have picks six, 12, 20 and 26 and the Tigers will ask for more than their No. 6 draft pick for Daniel Rioli, who is contracted.

While the Suns will push back hard they will have to use pick six in some way in a trade for Rioli.

Collingwood is asking for a first-rounder for half back John Noble but will have to be satisfied with pick 20, which will filter back a handful of spots after NGA and father-son bids.
Then Noble stays.

We don't have to

We might just keep Noble

He’s got good speed and size so should have been a regular but others were preferred.
It’s a puzzle.
Averages less than 20 disposals. Has only played 18 games in the last two years.

Looks pretty average to me.

We don’t need him.

Pretty sure LDU has stated he’s staying
Swear I seen it months ago
Houston committed to Port a month back as did Peatling in the past few weeks and both look gone. I’m not suggesting LDU leaves, but at the time of his comments he has 15 months to run on his contract and won’t be traded post 2023. He’s got no other option than to recommit.

Our future 1st is worth as much as Carlton's.

Both sides had a tonne of injuries this year and finished on the same amount of points. Both would be expected to play finals next season.

The reasoning makes little sense.

Carlton need to stump up that pick 11 to have an edge over us.

P.S- Rioli isn't worth pick 6 let alone more than 6. He received 1 more Brownlow vote than Noble last night who most would feel isn't worth pick 12 on his own.

Our future 1st is worth as much as Carlton's.

Both sides had a tonne of injuries this year and finished on the same amount of points. Both would be expected to play finals next season.

The reasoning makes little sense.

Carlton need to stump up that pick 11 to have an edge over us.

P.S- Rioli isn't worth pick 6 let alone more than 6. He received 1 more Brownlow vote than Noble last night who most would feel isn't worth pick 12 on his own.
Exactly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Articles like this make me want to spew. Which media w***er wrote that? Hopefully not Cal Twomey as I don't mind him.

On the one hand, everyone let's help Carlton. They want Houston so everyone pitch in and let's get it done. What do Gc get out of that deal?

The Sun's. "Have to use pick 6 for Rioli"......

We are giving them (Gold Coast) a player they actually want but in true Oliver twist fashion the media is how dare you ask for more. Back in your box Collingwood and be grateful for a pick in the 20's

Unfortunately, Parfitt only has a 5 minute burst per quarter and then goes missing. He's probably better than Bytel and Sullivan but he would still be mainly playing VFL. In his last 2 years he's failed to make an impact in his 18 games and it will be the same for us. I would much prefer Kennedy if we're going down that path.

Articles like this make me want to spew. Which media w***er wrote that? Hopefully not Cal Twomey as I don't mind him.

On the one hand, everyone let's help Carlton. They want Houston so everyone pitch in and let's get it done. What do Gc get out of that deal?

The Sun's. "Have to use pick 6 for Rioli"......

We are giving them (Gold Coast) a player they actually want but in true Oliver twist fashion the media is how dare you ask for more. Back in your box Collingwood and be grateful for a pick in the 20's
Ralphy. Its in the HS

It’s a puzzle.
He's alright. Their midfield isn't a strength but it's not that weak. Danger is Danger. Holmes is a star. Atkins plays the defensive role ok. Bruhn and Bowes aren't great but are probably just ahead of him with more scope to become good

Personally I would leave next year's draft capital alone and look to gain a first via salary dumping or via a three way trade with GC and gws where we use noble and potential perryman contract structure (that nets gws a first round compo) to gain two first round picks.

We really should look to invest in drafts heavily until the first draft Tasmania participates in. Mainly because access to young talent will be very hard when Tasmania enters the league. Which is when we should look at offloading multiple first round picks to bring in established talent to build around Naicos who will be entering his prime years.
I agree about hitting the draft, however, this year’s draft seems to have about a dozen ready made players, so ideally, we would want to get whatever we can in the 1st round. Having said that, I think every club is probably thinking the same thing.

We have McGuane to come in next season who is likely to cost us our 1st pick, so if there is a young, ready made key position player there who may have 10 years to give, I think it may be worth it.

And he can spend time with Moore shopping for headbands.

**** off Carlton. I swear if we let them take pick 12 from GC I’ll be so pissed.

He's alright. Their midfield isn't a strength but it's not that weak. Danger is Danger. Holmes is a star. Atkins plays the defensive role ok. Bruhn and Bowes aren't great but are probably just ahead of him with more scope to become good
Add Smith next year and I can understand why they delisted him

I agree about hitting the draft, however, this year’s draft seems to have about a dozen ready made players, so ideally, we would want to get whatever we can in the 1st round. Having said that, I think every club is probably thinking the same thing.

We have McGuane to come in next season who is likely to cost us our 1st pick, so if there is a young, ready made key position player there who may have 10 years to give, I think it may be worth it.

And he can spend time with Moore shopping for headbands.
He shouldn't go to Darcy's hairdresser, though...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back