List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

A texter to SEN said that he or someone he knew had met Perryman’s brother in Germany and that Perryman’s brother said it was a done deal that he was going to the ‘Pies.
Just heard that bit lol sounds a bit of he said, she said

A texter to SEN said that he or someone he knew had met Perryman’s brother in Germany and that Perryman’s brother said it was a done deal that he was going to the ‘Pies.
Take with Grain of Salt until more Official Announcement

Heard those reports on Social Media before and not always true

Looking like Perryman is 50/50. Hopefully he makes a decision in the next few days
The FA window opens on October 4th so the decision is highly likely by the end of the week with the clubs needing an answer to plan for the trade period. The main question is when it gets out to the public.

Considering we carried up to 17 injured players, no continuity for most of them and we still just missed the 8, I'm completely opposite and think we'll well and truly be back up there next year. Even a fit and firing JDG alone will improve us out of site. The top 4 sides this year all have their fair share of holes that need to be fixed. We'll be backing ourselves to win it again next year and a decent run with injuries is all we need to be back up there. This year has seen a pretty average top 4 and there's no guarantee any of them will be back up there next year.
I fear that a fit & firing JDG might just be a myth. He gets injured every season, and always has. Over time they take a toll, so there's every chance we've already seen his absolute best. Not to say he can't still play some good football, but I wouldn't be hanging my coat on Jordy leading us to the promised land.

I love how journalists try and make this stuff look like a running race.

"Port just have their nose in front of the Pies but it's close" oooooh the drama.

I do wonder if this is based on anything whatsoever?
It’s based on Ken being a bigger handicap than Fly over 2040m. We’d be expected to run over the top of them in the final furlong. Hopefully we don’t run up bums and find an opening on the turn.

I fear that a fit & firing JDG might just be a myth. He gets injured every season, and always has. Over time they take a toll, so there's every chance we've already seen his absolute best. Not to say he can't still play some good football, but I wouldn't be hanging my coat on Jordy leading us to the promised land.
I certainly understand where your coming from. That's why a Perryman type is a a must for us. We need someone reliable to help out Nick

This is where we need Kinder to stalk Perryman's brothers digital whereabouts and find out if he's been in Germany reently, so we can then consider this a possibility of being true.

This is where we need Kinder to stalk Perryman's brothers digital whereabouts and find out if he's been in Germany reently, so we can then consider this a possibility of being true.
I loved that guy. I even PM'd him to give him a bit of encouragement and to tell him to slow down with all inside info. It lasted 12 hours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jen, have you got anything at all for us, I'm at my witts end, I need some trade news, anything will do
He is a random SEN text for you
Cadman has been in contact with vic clubs, and his family are big pies fans

Based on the current trade targets, here's ideally what I hope Leppa can negotiate

• F1 and Noble for GC pick 12 and 20
  • Pick 20, 33, 48 and 51 (Points value to Pick 4) for Brisbane's Pick 17 and F2 to help them match Ashcroft
  • Richards for Port's F2 to give us 3x F2s to help match McGuane
  • Offer Perryman >$900k x 6 years to guarantee GWS first round compo so they also trade us Peatling for a nominal swap of F3s next year.

In: Picks 12 and 14, Port + Brisbane F2, Perryman, Peatling
Out: F1, Picks 33, 48, 51, Noble, Richards

*Edited to update for Brisbane's new pick
Get all that done, and you're hired.

I think that tipping Collingwood will bounce back is a big assumption. With the competition so even and our list only getting older along with limited youth coming through, there’s every chance we’ll finish as low, or lower than we did this year.

I think any club with a pick around the 10-15 mark would consider a swap for our future first, because at best it will translate to another top 10 pick, and at worst it will be a downgrade of a pick or two which isn’t horrible if a club is keen to move that pick forward.
Fair enough but it’s debatable if Pies are desperately wanting to buy or Tigers are desperate to move pick forward. A chance a negotiated trade could happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back