List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Their next pick is 43, not sure port will accept that.
But saints apparantely think they can play them both. Alongside Marshall.
If the story is right, Port might not care too much about the price - Soldo for Richards for them- with it coming down to what we'd accept for Joey.

If the story is right, Port might not care too much about the price - Soldo for Richards for them- with it coming down to what we'd accept for Joey.
essentially Soldo (who has been overtaken by sweet) for Joey, who will be in their best 22 given their lack of small forwards so giving up 24 when they are getting someone that will help them would be a win.

Reading between the lines on HS, while we have registered interest in Houston. It's not as strong as other clubs like Carlton or North.
Looks like reading the Reports Perryman is our Number 1 Target this Off-Season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston is 27 plenty of good years left.
Will be 28 at start of next season. Then plays 1 season with us and he’s 29, and we are already talking about him being close to 30. That’s my only concern given the asking price. I don’t mind that we aren’t heavily invested. FA’s and the draft is fine with me

Will be 28 at start of next season. Then plays 1 season with us and he’s 29, and we are already talking about him being close to 30. That’s my only concern given the asking price. I don’t mind that we aren’t heavily invested. FA’s and the draft is fine with me
We know how much a high priced half back makes Carlton weak at the knees. Would be hard to outbid them for Houston anyway

essentially Soldo (who has been overtaken by sweet) for Joey, who will be in their best 22 given their lack of small forwards so giving up 24 when they are getting someone that will help them would be a win.
The problem is I don't think they'll get 24 - Saints will want to keep that as they won't be holding anything after their early pick in a deep draft. I think Saints future pick in a weaker draft that would be helpful to us as points seems more likely. A win for Port still - OK for us, and Saints would assumedly much prefer it. 24 for Soldo seems nuts on the Saints behalf.

The problem is I don't think they'll get 24 - Saints will want to keep that as they won't be holding anything after their early pick in a deep draft. I think Saints future pick in a weaker draft that would be helpful to us as points seems more likely. A win for Port still - OK for us, and Saints would assumedly much prefer it. 24 for Soldo seems nuts on the Saints behalf.
Well they cant offer much less. Unless they do a F2 instead? And give us a future pick for mcguane.
They'll get the battle compo but whether thats a first or 2nd round compo, not sure.

Let me get this right. Port want 24 for soldo and then they would give it to us for Richards?

Let me get this right. Port want 24 for soldo and then they would give it to us for Richards?
That's what Jen's suggesting. I think that's a nuts price for Soldo in a deep draft though. I would have thought he'd be close to a freebie.

Mentioned on gettable:
"Can port adelaide turn soldo into richards?:
Riley: "Thats the way they would get the deal done"

Saints only have their first, 2nd and pick 43 (be using for macrae) -- they'll get the battle compo so they prob could let 24 go.
Unless we accept a Future pick

Mentioned on gettable:
"Can port adelaide turn soldo into richards?:
Riley: "Thats the way they would get the deal done"

Saints only have their first, 2nd and pick 43 (be using for macrae) -- they'll get the battle compo so they prob could let 24 go.
Unless we accept a Future pick
I think Richards is worth 24, I'd like to keep him but that pick would finally get us a good KF we can properly develop

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back