List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Particularly when "looks set to stay at Collingwood" probably means that Collingwood can't unload the contracted Macrae.
yup, the article said Macrae hasn't attracted any rival interest so likely to stay and it didn't say 2025 was gonna be Mitchell's last just that he has a battle with a lingering foot issue

yup, the article said Macrae hasn't attracted any rival interest so likely to stay and it didn't say 2025 was gonna be Mitchell's last just that he has a battle with a lingering foot issue
Said it would likely be his swansong

"But the veteran on-baller remains keen to play on next season and regain his fitness over summer in preparation for the likely final season of his glittering AFL career in 2025."

Most probably figured it might be the case
The last for a couple players most likely
Howe. Cox probably. Sidey?

Said it would likely be hie swansong

"But the veteran on-baller remains keen to play on next season and regain his fitness over summer in preparation for the likely final season of his glittering AFL career in 2025."

Yeah that comes across more as opinion of the author than inside info stating fact, I think he will likely retire as well unless he has a big season or ends his season similar to 2023 with big contributions in finals but i serious doubt he makes the call in preseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it would likely be his swansong

I agree with the journo, but that is just me and that journo taking a guess. I doubt I'm alone in getting it wrong about Pendles this year.

My guess is that at the end of 2025, Mitchell and Pendles won't get a choice and will be retired and that Sidey and Howe will get a choice to play on if they're still keen and they give the impression that they still love playing footy so will still be keen. Mason - god knows as he seems to be getting better rather than deteriorating, but it won't take much deterioration for him to be pushed.

3/4 were spuds - One of them was Deledio, who was a jet in his prime, which unfortunately did not coincide with Richmond being any good at all.
They had 5 first rounders that year. Deledio, Tambling, Meyer, Pattison and Polo. 4 complete duds and Deledio.
Let’s hope for a similar return this year 😄

I agree with the journo, but that is just me and that journo taking a guess. I doubt I'm alone in getting it wrong about Pendles this year.

My guess is that at the end of 2025, Mitchell and Pendles won't get a choice and will be retired and that Sidey and Howe will get a choice to play on if they're still keen and they give the impression that they still love playing footy so will still be keen. Mason - god knows as he seems to be getting better rather than deteriorating, but it won't take much deterioration for him to be pushed.
It was written by Jay Clark so whether its just his view, or what is expected or something else; we'll see within 12 months. Who knows whether his foot will get back to 100% either. Apparantely there was real concerns it might end his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back