List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom goes to my gym (or I go to his, pretty sure he owns it 😂) saw him this morning actually. He’s looking in pretty good condition. I mean he should be cause he trains with his very fit partner 😂
She’s a belter! It was interesting listening to him on Ball Magnets about how different it feels to move about without the tissue. I’m confident he’s there for Rd 1, but I doubt we see much of him pre Xmas going by how he was describing his fitness at the time.

Tom goes to my gym (or I go to his, pretty sure he owns it 😂) saw him this morning actually. He’s looking in pretty good condition. I mean he should be cause he trains with his very fit partner 😂

his partner comes from a very sport family. her dad was a good cricketer and footballer and not a bad bloke.

This obsession with age is insane.

A 27yo player may have 4 elite years left in them. Not just good years, I’m talking peak performance years.

Would you not have taken Jeremy Cameron in our forward line this year? He’s 31.

Would you not have wanted to pair up Nick this year with a great inside mid like Cripps, Neale or Liberatore? 29, 31 and 32yo respectively.

Get any of these magically in our team this season and we probably win the flag and are favourites going into next year. I would take that every day over the idea of a potential team of future superstars with the lowest median age in the comp.

Now I get that you don’t want to pay too much for anyone and certainly not a tired, bruised up 30+yo with questionable training habits… but I see zero issues in getting someone like Houston in.

The deal sounds great but 24 for soldo we've got no hope.
Unlike most of the board, I like our best 22 talls - Moore, Howe, Checkers and McStay are a solid combo. But this reads like the draft to load up on our future talls. Get 3 picks in that range where they think a fair few are likely to go and take 3 of them.

Unlike most of the board, I like our best 22 talls - Moore, Howe, Checkers and McStay are a solid combo. But this reads like the draft to load up on our future talls. Get 3 picks in that range where they think a fair few are likely to go and take 3 of them.
No complaints from me. It would be nice to have a developing KF, who has a bit of forward craft

Def need to stock up on future talls, given 3 of them are over 30 in 2025
We need to prepare for the next talls who will take us in the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This obsession with age is insane.

A 27yo player may have 4 elite years left in them. Not just good years, I’m talking peak performance years.

Would you not have taken Jeremy Cameron in our forward line this year? He’s 31.

Would you not have wanted to pair up Nick this year with a great inside mid like Cripps, Neale or Liberatore? 29, 31 and 32yo respectively.

Get any of these magically in our team this season and we probably win the flag and are favourites going into next year. I would take that every day over the idea of a potential team of future superstars with the lowest median age in the comp.

Now I get that you don’t want to pay too much for anyone and certainly not a tired, bruised up 30+yo with questionable training habits… but I see zero issues in getting someone like Houston in.
Especially in an age of professionalism on training & diet.
Still, I suppose it still comes down to the individual circumstances.
As for Houston, how much is too much to give up for 4 years of his best?

For sure. Some players these days especially in other sports are still at elite level at 35 so was conservative.

With Houston I reckon I rate him higher than what I’m reading here. He’s the best player at half back in the game and that position has just hugely gained in importance in the past couple of years with rebound-based gameplans.

If we were a chance and the salary was nothing crazy something like two firsts for him and two seconds back would be fine.

Clearly we have our eyes set on other positions eg inside mid and fair enough (I would think otherwise if Josh hadn’t proved to be a great weapon off HB at back end of season), but age should not be a factor for a 27yo recruit. That’s still peak.

Four years of his best is 4 more AA’s so the starting point is 2 1sts unless you’re North that can probably get it done with pick 2 alone.

For sure. Some players these days especially in other sports are still at elite level at 35 so was conservative.

With Houston I reckon I rate him higher than what I’m reading here. He’s the best player at half back in the game and that position has just hugely gained in importance in the past couple of years with rebound-based gameplans.

If we were a chance and the salary was nothing crazy something like two firsts for him and two seconds back would be fine.

Clearly we have our eyes set on other positions eg inside mid and fair enough (I would think otherwise if Josh hadn’t proved to be a great weapon off HB at back end of season), but age should not be a factor for a 27yo recruit. That’s still peak.
The bizarre element is Perryman (who hasn’t had a single query on his age) and Houston are just 18 months apart in age. Houston’s age is a non factor.

we should
Our list age profile alone makes that injury list a distinct possibility again next year. Don’t take this as me not rating our list, I think a fit and healthy pies list can match it with anyone, but banking on a good run with injuries to achieve it means the odds are 50/50 of it happening.
The key thing is who gets injured
We lost key players that we couldn’t cover
JDG miho Elliott etc
Just need some luck with that

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back