List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Tomlinson be in our best 23 next year if we got him?I really don’t have any opinion of him,as I don’t know much about him.

Would Tomlinson be in our best 23 next year if we got him?I really don’t have any opinion of him,as I don’t know much about him.
He would be for me, as I like Moore playing deep and central and Billy can only play deep, where as Tomlinson usually plays a bit higher up the ground. I think he fits better with Moore and Howe.

Do we take Tay Adams back from Sydney? So long as it's for almost nothing

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Based on the last two seasons it means we make a granny at least in ‘25 with (footballer formerly nicknamed Tay) on the list. Happy to pay a 3rd for that.

Doesn’t mean Tay gets a run though.

Would be some record for the bloke!

Check tomlinson stats round 24 against us.
Manic I think the round 24 game really should be largely ignored, arguably the most bruise free game I have ever seen live.
Just on that, I am invested in Ed A being a success as anyone, but we need to temper his excellent game against the laughable intensity we faced that night.

Thanks.I looked him up on the Melbourne site and saw that he’s 31 years old,though.Do we really want any more 30 plus year olds on our list right now?
He's just a stop gap. A younger one who could step in would cost picks. This way we fill a spot and can afford to buy better youth. It's the way to be able to target the now and the future - top up with FA and oldies and keep your recruiting chips for longer term prospects. That's what I'd do with where our list is at. We've got to be targetting the now as we're not far off and we also have to be targetting the future because we're old.

Manic I think the round 24 game really should be largely ignored, arguably the most bruise free game I have ever seen live.
Just on that, I am invested in Ed A being a success as anyone, but we need to temper his excellent game against the laughable intensity we faced that night.
I just remember thinking that tommo was a real nuisance against us that game. If what we have waiting in the wings is our only option, then tommo is better than them. Ed A should be a good player but you're spot on about that game. It was only one game also. Let's hope it's a sign of things to come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 24. When we had no tall forwards? And kicked 15.13 ? 🤣
I don't think we have a better option atm though and either does the club by the looks of it. We wanted Keane and that says they have real concerns for our defence. Tommo is easily worth a year or 2 for free and very little money

Based on the last two seasons it means we make a granny at least in ‘25 with (footballer formerly nicknamed Tay) on the list. Happy to pay a 3rd for that.
Doesn’t mean Tay gets a run though.
Would be some record for the bloke!
Rene Kink - 5 losing Grand Finals 😥

I don't think we have a better option atm though and either does the club by the looks of it. We wanted Keane and that says they have real concerns for our defence. Tommo is easily worth a year or 2 for free and very little money
I have no clue who else the club is speaking to, so wouldn't know if there are better options out there.

My response was to someone who asked if he would be in our best 23. As a 31 year old, you'd be hoping so, was really my point.

He's just a stop gap. A younger one who could step in would cost picks. This way we fill a spot and can afford to buy better youth. It's the way to be able to target the now and the future - top up with FA and oldies and keep your recruiting chips for longer term prospects. That's what I'd do with where our list is at. We've got to be targetting the now as we're not far off and we also have to be targetting the future because we're old.
Yep!
Get some free agents in at zero draft cost, and get better picks in this year's draft.
It looks like Perryman is coming to us - he'll cost a bit in $$, but no draft picks. :)

Perryman is a good average AFL player. Definitely worthwhile bringing in as a free agent but not a game changer.

Lord is possibly the worst set shot kick in the comp. No thanks.

Tomlinson as cover is pretty uninspiring, but for nothing he is OK. Would prefer him to Frampton who really loses his head often in games.

Peatling will be hard to get. Lots of clubs will want him. Tough ball winning midfielder coming into his prime. Good tackler too. He may peak around this and be pretty average, or he may go to another level with added midfield responsibility and be a very good footballer. He is what we lack around the ball and would think he would be our best target.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back