List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they need and want Richards. I hope 12 and Richards will do it. Port believes they are still in the window
Pretty big unders. Media have speculated that North have offered their future first, which most would be thinking thats a 1-5 pick next year. If he picked us then the only way I can see us getting it done would be involving splitting out future first into this year and adding on to pick 12 for Noble (which I still think we would need to add more in to get done). Something like Noble Richards and Future 1st for Houston and a future third (for points).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To
If he doesn't want to be there, they probably will.
Petracca doesn't want to be at Melbourne. Are they trading him for peanuts?

Houston's relationship with Port is no where near fractured. He's simply wanting to explore moving to Victoria for personal reasons. Just like Noble wants to explore moving to GC. We're not letting a contracted Noble go for peanuts and Port will be even less likely to given how good a player Houston is.

Pretty big unders. Media have speculated that North have offered their future first, which most would be thinking thats a 1-5 pick next year. If he picked us then the only way I can see us getting it done would be involving splitting out future first into this year and adding on to pick 12 for Noble (which I still think we would need to add more in to get done). Something like Noble Richards and Future 1st for Houston and a future third (for points).

Could see North becoming 9th to 12th next year.

I think he'd rather stay at Port than play for norf. I just hope there's some way of getting it done with having to give up too much.

To

Houston's relationship with Port is no where near fractured. He's simply wanting to explore moving to Victoria for personal reasons. Just like Noble wants to explore moving to GC. We're not letting a contracted Noble go for peanuts and Port will be even less likely to given how good a player Houston is.
Good point

To

They’ve offered Richard’s 3 years with a trigger for 4. That’s not a deal for someone without value

Could see North becoming 9th to 12th next year.
Agreed. If I was Port I'd be telling North this year's first and it's done. On the radio they said that talks broke down with Carlton because they refused to put their first this year. Given his contract I can't see them taking unders.

I don’t get the people who want to rebuild, the 2025 flag is right there for the taking
It's because those people are running with "Schrodinger's draft pick". A player traded in for a mid to late first round pick is a more or less known quantity, likely an average to good player. Whereas a mid to late first round draft pick could be anything from terrible to elite. So when that pick gets traded out, their natural bias is to think that the hypothetical player taken with pick was always going to be elite or at a minimum better than the player traded in.

Loss aversion bias is a really big part of this as well in that people naturally feel more pain from what they've lost than joy in what they've gained. You can see it in the posters who are more worried about where the team is going to be in 3 years than trying to win a flag now.

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot and maybe both Port + Houston are aggrieved
Sort of feels that way. Especially since it was reported that Carlton have refused to include pick 11 in any deal with them.

How did that work out? Burnt a high value pick for Schultz 🤢. While letting Ginivan go for a half eaten packet of chips
Spot on mate. Players vs picks?? Where do players come from? The bloody draft. Some just don’t seem to understand that. Players are just picks that have been developed by a club and then they make you pay a premium for them to get them in. Horrible strategy to just neglect the draft and adopt this method only.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back