List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

**** Houston, let's get TDK
Hungry Kate Lyn Sheil GIF by The Girlfriend Experience

Is SDK a defender or ruck?
That's a question that the Cats are asking. Seems like he's lost a lot of confidence as a fullback after his facial fracture last year and struggled at times this year - they gave him a run in the ruck and he was badly beaten by his brother. Had Knee issues late in the year and he couldn't win back a spot even after regaining fitness in the VFL - I'd be cautious on him, could be a bust.

What would Noble be on? Does a part of his contract balance out Perryman’s over the next couple of years?
You'd have to assume that Noble contract (and the possibility of Richards leaving) would have been included.
Taking draftees would be an immediate cap savings for both Noble & Richards.

So it stands to reason that is why we entered the race and would also allow us to front load it using Noble/Richards coin.

That is unless we're planning on using the Noble cap space as a sweetener to help get pick 12.

Why would Geelong let SDK go? Quality key position players are rare as hens teeth (note Gold Coast signed up Mac Andrew for a gazillion dollars and 10 years or so).

On the other hand, mid fielders with "medical" issues are pretty common I'm told.

Would love SDK but thinks its simply not feasible - but I've been wrong before

We really need to nail the appointment of our next footy boss.
Davies and Daly staying is a blow.
Wright now also being hunted by crows to do the role he didn’t want to do anymore is also a slap in the face.

It’s a critical piece of the puzzle and appointment we really need to get right
Yes I agree.

Finding someone who can work under Ned I think is the challenge. I get the feeling he likes control and that may not sit well with some of the talked about candidates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I agree.

Finding someone who can work under Ned I think is the challenge. I get the feeling he likes control and that may not sit well with some of the talked about candidates.
Football managers talk amongst themselves - would have thought the club would have learned previously that others overreaching into bits that aren't their domain doesn't help (if this is an issue)

Trade Radio suggesting whispers that Sam De Koning is gettable. Might help Geelong acquire Clarry.

If so, we should definitely try get in here. I would trade our F1 and Noble pick (20?). Hope that gives them 2x firsts to go offer Melbourne for Clarry plus change.
Stealing SDK would be a pretty good outcome. Not sure if Dan H actually has mail, but we'd have to ask a few questions if it's true.

Still not quite sure what his best position is though

The issue with the Daniher contract was the triggering of the band 1 compensation and had nothing to do with his UFA or RFA status.

If we were to adjust Perryman’s contract in 2026 it will be investigated because of the compensation received by GWS. Being in the laws of the game does not preclude it from being something that the AFL can make a ruling and how open FA is to manipulation hence the greater transparency of FA contract reporting.

It’s a similar story to Buddy’s contract being enforceable under the salary cap even if he’d retired after 7 years and he’d forgone payment.
Enforceable isn't the word you are looking for - maybe try "would form part of the salary cap".

But this is off on a tangent - what you seemed to be trying to suggest was that journos reporting of contract amounts would be more likely to be accurate because it was an FA contract. This is nonsense - all contracts go to the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back