List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

That pushes back to at least 27 based on Perryman and Battle compensation plus bids on Ashcroft, Lombard, Marshall, Tauru and Kaku. Is that enough for Noble with two years to run on his contract?

We won’t get an earlier pick. Maybe 20 + mayonnaise but 20 will be the earliest pick we get out of Noble.

We won’t get an earlier pick. Maybe 20 + mayonnaise but 20 will be the earliest pick we get out of Noble.
I’d be fine with the above. If a couple more pieces fall into place for us trade wise and if we are thinking we can cover JFN from within our current list I think we’ll seek a fair deal rather than playing hardball with GC. A gentleman’s deal for want of a better description.

That pick 20 needs some rebranding. If it's a deep draft it'll be as valuable as a lot of next year's firsts.
If that’s the case why did we trade this years first?!

I still see no reason why we can’t ask for pick 12. We gave up pick 10 for Schultz…we have traded more for less pick 14 for Wood…Beams even worse. Why can’t we be on the winning end of a trade for once?

We should trade Mcinnes and Macrae, we need to be ruthless and look for better replacements.

I'd also see if there are any takers for Lipinski.

Noble can go.

Johnson and Kruger are worth nothing more than a packet of chips.

No one I've listed makes any difference to winning a flag.

If Richards wants to go, let him.

Cut Bytel, Long, Sullivan as well.
Harsh on McInnes and Noble, Richard’s as well. Reef needs to be played in a suitable position, Noble is a jet and I would not want to lose him for - mid 20’s pick. Richard’s I believe will also get better as he gets more settled in the side, quick smalls that can apply pressure are worth keeping.

We misjudged how our year would go and how highly the draft would be rated.

We can ask for anything we want, but we won't get it unless Brissy rate Noble way higher than what most of the football world does . I hope they do.

We didn't give up pick 10 for Schultz - we gave up a pick that Fremantle and we would have predicted as a higher pick. It later became pick 10.

Last edited:

I still see no reason why we can’t ask for pick 12. We gave up pick 10 for Schultz…we have traded more for less pick 14 for Wood…Beams even worse. Why can’t we be on the winning end of a trade for once?
tbf, this time last year; nobody could have imagined this draft to be as deep as it is. Changed fairly quick as we came into the year.

I’d be fine with the above. If a couple more pieces fall into place for us trade wise and if we are thinking we can cover JFN from within our current list I think we’ll seek a fair deal rather than playing hardball with GC. A gentleman’s deal for want of a better description.
It's a good deal. If it's a really deep draft it'd be the equivalent of a first round pick in most drafts. A lot for Noble. Brisbane will most likely start lower than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back