List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Those pricks would have been into Henry from the day he set foot in the door at Collingwood
Chipping away at our new recruit
Jesus I hope one day we steal a good player from them
Never saw Henry bust his gut at Collingwood - he knew he had to keep his form at a low level so they could get him for peanuts. Now they're pulling the same stunt on the Dogs with Bailey Smith. This deal has been in the works for 2 years to get him on the cheap, paying him minimal coin while in the backroom Cotton On supply the farm and make up the $

I just don’t see how a deal gets done if they’re getting Smith already. The dogs have already made it clear they ain’t settling for Geelong’s first, and I can’t imagine Melbourne would be happy with just a future first for Oliver, regardless of his issues.

They either need to trade someone of value out in one of the deals (which we know they’ll never do) or choose one or the other. Honestly it feels almost unfair on Oliver making a pitch to him when the likelihood of a deal being able to be struck seems so low.
Oliver will be a salary dump, cats will get him for bugger all I bet

Yeah, true. I'm just worried they'll cure him and turn him into a gun
Dunno, that deal gives me Dalhouse vibes tbh. Play some ok games and then fade in to obscurity (or in to never ending rehab).

What the hell is Clayton Oliver going to farm, anyway? Or will he get some horses so his ket purchases won't look quite as suss?

Unless it's trees he won't be able to work it

What the hell is Clayton Oliver going to farm, anyway? Or will he get some horses so his ket purchases won't look quite as suss?
I don't know what to think about this.

Are those ****ers just acquiring more stars?

Or are Mackie, Clarry and Baz the axis of ****wit that brings down the dynasty?

It gets worse, on sen earlier, they said Melbourne might even pay some of his wage for a really good draft pick
That’s pretty speculative, and seems like the opposite of Melbournes public stance of he won’t be traded.
Oliver will be a salary dump, cats will get him for bugger all I bet
Why would Melbourne do a salary dump when they have no cap issues and have no players wanting to come to their club that would cause said issues?

tbf, this time last year; nobody could have imagined this draft to be as deep as it is. Changed fairly quick as we came into the year.
This reinforces my point, you don’t trade future picks if you don’t know what the draft quality will be like. Schultz wasn’t a need that warranted that level of risk taking.

Incredibly poor trading, and far too often.

And we were one of those teams with Henry.
We were stuck between a rock and a hard place unfortunately with him threatening to walk to the draft and Geelong having an earlier pick than us.

Neither the Dogs or Melbourne have that issue so I don’t see them letting the Cats pull that shit on them.

That’s pretty speculative, and seems like the opposite of Melbournes public stance of he won’t be traded.

Why would Melbourne do a salary dump when they have no cap issues and have no players wanting to come to their club that would cause said issues?
Don’t know but it feels like dees want him gone and I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes for not much. Hope I’m wrong and Melbourne make the cats pay up big for him but can’t see it. Guess we will see in a few weeks

Yeah if you break it down you have a bloke coming off an ACL and a bloke coming off a 3 month Mad Monday last offf season. Not exactly home run trade targets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This reinforces my point, you don’t trade future picks if you don’t know what the draft quality will be like. Schultz wasn’t a need that warranted that level of risk taking.

I've got bad news for you. We'll continue to trade future picks and we'll win some and lose some.

Imagine Baz, Clarry and Stengle all on a night out together. Would be absolute bedlam.

Isn’t hindsight wonderful?

We were coming off a flag. With an ageing list and the conductor of our last quarter dominance reaching 36yo. If there ever was a time to go hard at b2b, that was it. Turns out the best available prospect on the market was Schultz and we saw him as an important part of our system.

Taking into account uncertainty of next year’s draft to refrain from making moves would have been ridiculous at that point in time.

Do I wish we had given 2023 first instead of a future first? Yes. But we tried and it didn’t fly so we would have had to end up with no trade and with the same list and that would have been a poor move if we saw potential improvement on a fresh flag winning list.

We were stuck between a rock and a hard place unfortunately with him threatening to walk to the draft and Geelong having an earlier pick than us.

Neither the Dogs or Melbourne have that issue so I don’t see them letting the Cats pull that shit on them.
Geelong didn't have an earlier pick than us. They were premiers that year.

Not to free cap space but to essentially buy a better pick I'd imagine.

An average of 33% of players taken between 10-20 play 200 games. You could get a Curnow, or a mattthew Jefferson. Shoota is going to play 200 games so he’s already well above the average . Your continued posting about the trade is worse than our trading

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back