List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

And they have Whateley Russell Hudson commentating for them

I’m not sure id be comfortable with Bartel either as footy boss

Geelong is clever, they make the idea seem like it's Olivers .

Someone get Michael Gleeson some pom poms "How can Geelong do it again" article.

You can guarantee if it was us, the narrative would either be Melbourne must hold firm or how can Melbourne extract the best deal for Oliver. There would never ever ever be article with a Pies flavored narrative

Your logic is substandard.
Nah, yours is. You think trading a draft pick for a proven player is the risk. It's quite clearly and simply the other way around. Saving a pick to take it to the draft is clearly a far bigger risk. That's not to say it was a good trade; some risks should be taken. But it is to say that your logic is substandard.

This reinforces my point, you don’t trade future picks if you don’t know what the draft quality will be like. Schultz wasn’t a need that warranted that level of risk taking.

Incredibly poor trading, and far too often.
season 2 episode 20 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

Geelong is clever, they make the idea seem like it's Olivers .

Someone get Michael Gleeson some pom poms "How can Geelong do it again" article.

You can guarantee if it was us, the narrative would either be Melbourne must hold firm or how can Melbourne extract the best deal for Oliver. There would never ever ever be article with a Pies flavored narrative
And mooney
And ling
And hutchy

Can you imagine the outcry if we had so many ex players and supporters in media

Nothing wrong with trading picks if you’re good at it…we have an abysmal record.
Who's we? Your abysmal record includes decisions from 3 list managers ago, 3 footy bosses ... Wright or Leppa should be banned from trading picks because you didn't like what Dekka, or Guy did when they were supported by votes that are no longer at the club.

Nah, yours is. You think trading a draft pick for a proven player is the risk. It's quite clearly and simply the other way around. Saving a pick to take it to the draft is clearly a far bigger risk. That's not to say it was a good trade; some risks should be taken. But it is to say that your logic is substandard.
It amazes me how these doomers can’t grasp this concept. They seem to think every first round pick is a star in the making.

Not to free cap space but to essentially buy a better pick I'd imagine.
Well that’s not really a salary dump is it, sort of the opposite, they’re selling cap space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baz is even more of a risk than just the knee. He was a disinterested bloke deciding whether or not this footy lark was for him the season before doing his knee.

I'd love us to add them or Stringer, in the same who that others want us to add the blue sky potential of draftees, but it could all go to shit. There's a mug punter element to it.
Sounds like a bit of hyperbole here. His form was down and he was unhappy at the dogs mainly because of Bevo playing him out of position, but I’ve never heard any muttering of him considering his future in the game.

Mods, can we get a thread solely dedicated to talking about the Schultz trade? It's so annoying seeing this thread race to 20 pages in less than a day, then you have to spend your time scrolling through the reheated Schultz conversation in half of them.

Mods, can we get a thread solely dedicated to talking about the Schultz trade? It's so annoying seeing this thread race to 20 pages in less than a day, then you have to spend your time scrolling through the reheated Schultz conversation in half of them.
Easier to just thread ban the posters who keep bringing it up.

Sounds like a bit of hyperbole here. His form was down and he was unhappy at the dogs mainly because of Bevo playing him out of position, but I’ve never heard any muttering of him considering his future in the game.
Definitely hyperbole, but no one is drafting a kid who is playing poorly because the coach is playing them in a position they don't want to. Hes shown that he can be a star at the level unlike a draftee, but it definitely makes him more of a risk. It's a risk I'd take in a heartbeat, like Stringer or Clarry, but it's not the attitude you want in your culture.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back