List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what would really improve this place? Posters who have repeatedly said that the Schultz trade was bad telling us again that the Schultz trade was bad.
His B&F result is really going to blow some minds!

Mods, can we get a thread solely dedicated to talking about the Schultz trade? It's so annoying seeing this thread race to 20 pages in less than a day, then you have to spend your time scrolling through the reheated Schultz conversation in half of them.
There's a Schultz thread. And a Ginni thread. They would probably be the best places for this never ending saga for some ... 🙄

Definitely hyperbole, but no one is drafting a kid who is playing poorly because the coach is playing them in a position they don't want to. Hes shown that he can be a star at the level unlike a draftee, but it definitely makes him more of a risk. It's a risk I'd take in a heartbeat, like Stringer or Clarry, but it's not the attitude you want in your culture.
More hyperbole here. There’s nothing to suggest he was playing poorly because he didn’t want to play the position he was given. You play a natural midfielder in an unnatural position and the inevitable result is that their form will suffer. Him being unhappy isn’t the likely reason for his form being poor. For all intents and purposes it was probably the other way around.

Who's we? Your abysmal record includes decisions from 3 list managers ago, 3 footy bosses ... Wright or Leppa should be banned from trading picks because you didn't like what Dekka, or Guy did when they were supported by votes that are no longer at the club.
That’s fair, however it was obvious that we were trading more than fair value for Schultz at the time. It was also obvious that trading Ginivan for less than nothing was also a poor deal, given he had kicked 40 goals in his first year…Schultz hasn’t got close as a small forward…they play different roles and bring different strengths I get it…one has greater upside even though he’s a flog.

So statistically I’d say we’ve just continued with poor trading form.

It amazes me how these doomers can’t grasp this concept. They seem to think every first round pick is a star in the making.
I didn’t say that at all, you should be able to predict impact and performance of mature age recruits with greater certainty. So pick 10 for a mature age recruit with Schultz’s characteristics is overpaying.

I rate him as a player and love him on our list but he ain’t worth pick 10. The same trade could have netted us Dan Houston by comparison. It amazes me that you have no clue.

That’s fair, however it was obvious that we were trading more than fair value for Schultz at the time. It was also obvious that trading Ginivan for less than nothing was also a poor deal, given he had kicked 40 goals in his first year…Schultz hasn’t got close as a small forward…they play different roles and bring different strengths I get it…one has greater upside even though he’s a flog.

FFS stop!

Continued with? Glossing over 2022 and simply looking for the ones you didn't like?

They're betting on a very uncertain future. There's going to picks and trades you don't like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re going to be entering R1 2025 and we’ll be having the same tiring discussions

Why can’t it be done in the player threads ffs
Magpies42 has never posted in the Schultz thread.
He would rather clog up this one.

More hyperbole here. There’s nothing to suggest he was playing poorly because he didn’t want to play the position he was given. You play a natural midfielder in an unnatural position and the inevitable result is that their form will suffer. Him being unhappy isn’t the likely reason for his form being poor. For all intents and purposes it was probably the other way around.
Ok. I'll keep it straight forward:

1.Player gets done with coke.
2.Stories get written about him struggling with attention.
3. Stories written about his mental health
4. Player plays badly for an entire season.
5. Player does ACL
6. Player requests a trade.

Lots of red flags there.

Magpies42 has never posted in the Schultz thread.
He would rather clog up this one.
More people read this thread.
The reason it's so long is because there are a lot of off topic posts.
The odd one is OK, but banging on about something that is done and dusted is a waste of space.

We’re going to be entering R1 2025 and we’ll be having the same tiring discussions

Why can’t it be done in the player threads ffs
That would just make too much sense for some.

More people read this thread.
The reason it's so long is because there are a lot of off topic posts.
The odd one is OK, but banging on about something that is done and dusted is a waste of space.
TBH I’m super tempted to create a Past Trades thread or something so the ones that want to continue to complain about past trades can in there while not clogging up this one

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back