List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

But if tom morris is to be believed, it doesn't sound like he wants to come to us and is holding out for carlton to facilitate a deal. if that is true, no matter how good a player, he can GAGF
Not sure why you’d take it that way. As far as I can see, he’s currently looking at the two clubs who are able to facilitate a deal. If we get pick 12 suddenly we’re in the picture as a club that can get a deal done too. The only thing that Morris’ report really tells us is that he’d prefer to avoid Norf if he can help it.

The dumbest thing Melbourne did was to be the ones to initiate the chatter. Think they could have executed this subtly by making Oliver's management be the ones to look around.
The manager works for Clayton, why on earth would they do this, he will get his money and desired destination the way it's playing out.
Screw Melbourne.
Geelong can get stuffed too, anyluck it backfires sensationally if they somehow manage to pull it off.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've thought it was strange all week that most journalists have Houston "coming to Victoria"... Damo says we're in the hunt, and Morris has been saying it's Carlton. Now it's like he has finally found the same source as Damo.

I just feel as though if it was Carlton given they've already got pick 11, Houston would be confident enough to nominate them publicly.

Anyway let me try that again.

Noble and F2 for 12.

12 and Richards for Houston.

Probably still doesn't cut it but... it'd feel nice.
Carlton have so far refused to put 11 on the table. Port want 11 and their future first. They agree to that and Houston nominates tomorrow.

Honestly I’m expecting that if we manage to get pick 12, Carlton will immediately panic and pay what Port are asking. They’re just being arrogant campaigners at the moment, thinking they’re going to be able to wear Port down for a cheaper deal.

The manager works for Clayton, why on earth would they do this, he will get his money and desired destination the way it's playing out.
Screw Melbourne.
Geelong can get stuffed too, anyluck it backfires sensationally if they somehow manage to pull it off.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app
it will blow up in their face one day

With the issues with both I don’t think they can demand more than one top 10 pick for each.

If Treloar was coming of an ACL and career worst season before that would anyone have been keen on us giving up two pick 8s?
The post you quoted talked about Baz demanding two 1st picks. The reason why they would ask for this is because Geelongs 1st this year will be about pick 20 on draft night. So they would want Geelongs future 1st plus this pick 20 with their pick 31 back (probably pick 36 on draft night). I think Baz is worth about pick 10 so I get the 2 1sts argument with a 2nd going back.
Geelong want Clarry as well so this wouldn't work if they want both imo.

looks like the only way to keep Petracca is to make him happy - get rid of Clarry
It was reported by Morris that Petracca is not behind the club's decision to (supposedly) move Oliver on.

He said Petracca was not happy with the way the Oliver situation(s) have been handled by the club. That kind of indicates he was more upset at the club, than with Oliver.

Probably only confirms why Petracca also was reportedly wanting to leave the club & not happy with the way they handle issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was reported by Morris that Petracca is not behind the club's decision to (supposedly) move Oliver on.

He said Petracca was not happy with the way the Oliver situation(s) have been handled by the club. That kind of indicates he was more upset at the club, than with Oliver.

Probably only confirms why Petracca also was reportedly wanting to leave the club & not happy with the way they handle issues.
It’s going to be hilarious next year when Trac asks for a trade again and they end up with no A grade mids.

If we get pick 12 and intend taking it to the draft. Would it be worth trying to split it for a couple of picks between 20 and 25? Use them to get 2 talls.

No.

Hine to actually nail a pick for once we need it to be as early as possible.

Look at our drafting with mid to late 20s picks.

Might aswell give them away.

What else could they say? That the reason Petracca wanted to leave was that he does everything he can to prepare, busts his guts for them , almost dies on the field and then has to put up with unprofessional flogs like Clarrie being pandered to ?

No.

Hine to actually nail a pick for once we need it to be as early as possible.

Look at our drafting with mid to late 20s picks.

Might aswell give them away.
There's 4 or 5 pretty good talls around those picks though. I'd be shattered if he took flankers with those picks but I reckon Leppa wants a couple of decent developing talls

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back