List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

When I go fishing with my 'Mum' (not my Mum in the non-Aboriginal way) Miriam Rose up on the Daly, she will send the kids in to collect the Magpie Geese that have been shot. She will watch the river and call the kids in when she knows a croc is approaching. No one else can see it, she reads the land with almost a sense of magic. The Daly has that many crocs it is ridiculous but none of the mob are ever hurt. At the fish hole the kids are catching Barra out of the trees which most people would pay big money to do. I know the land pretty well but am a rook compared to Mum Miriam. You can't teach what she knows.
It's pretty amazing when you think about it. Almost every year, non-indigenous fishos go up to the NT to chase barra and one poor bloke seems to get taken most years. They have no idea where they pop up from.

When I go fishing with my 'Mum' (not my Mum in the non-Aboriginal way) Miriam Rose up on the Daly, she will send the kids in to collect the Magpie Geese that have been shot. She will watch the river and call the kids in when she knows a croc is approaching. No one else can see it, she reads the land with almost a sense of magic. The Daly has that many crocs it is ridiculous but none of the mob are ever hurt. At the fish hole the kids are catching Barra out of the trees which most people would pay big money to do. I know the land pretty well but am a rook compared to Mum Miriam. You can't teach what she knows.
You from the daly river way south?

It's pretty amazing when you think about it. Almost every year, non-indigenous fishos go up to the NT to chase barra and one poor bloke seems to get taken most years. They have no idea where they pop up from.
Never fish in the same place in croc waters. They will learn your habits and wait and watch and then bang. Have to stay unpredictable.

I don’t think we’ve heard the last of Petracca being traded this year.
If he’s staying he’s going to the B&F, he’s overseas, who knows how the Oliver thing changes the situation as well.
There was a lot of damaged relationships and not all of those heal.
I’d say Petracca asking to get out is a 50/50 chance in the next week or so.
Who knows. Nothing would surprise me with the way the MFC are going atm.

I’d be ok with keeping Sullivan. Another pre season adding a little bulk and training alongside a fit Mitchell could see some improvement. However with Macrae staying for another year and picking up Perryman along with expected improvement from Allan and possible midfield time for Beau he’s up against it. Will come down to how we value him compared to Bytel and Long I guess.

You from the daly river way south?

Not far from there I believe mate. Due to being a Stolen One they have never been able to pinpoint my precise mob (there was no record of my birth). We know it is NT, we know it is a river, we know it was croc filled because I remember Mum teaching me about them as a kid. We know the rough area. We have tried to retrace some of the steps I remember but gee it was a long time ago. Nauiyu is my adapted Mob. Miriam took me into her family and I house all her Grandkids when they come to school in Melb. Maybe somewhere near Peppi they believe I was from.

Did you actually see any of his games outside of his debut against us? When he could get on the park he was ordinary. 3 goals against us and then 6 from his other 7.

Be honest, you only ever saw him play his debut against us didn’t you?

No?

You seem to think I said he was a superstar

I like Kennedy too - think he's better placed as a 50/50 with Mitchell as an extractor - could share minutes with JDG when we're in Presti Mode and leave JDG for a mid role when we're in Rocca mode
Agree. If we are at all worried that managing JDG’s groin issue will be a concern into the future he could be a rotation option. My Blues barracking brother reckons he’s very strong overhead and has performed well at half forward.
Edit: we may have similar concerns about a recurrence of Titch’s foot issue which he had a hard time getting on top of.

I’d be ok with keeping Sullivan. Another pre season adding a little bulk and training alongside a fit Mitchell could see some improvement. However with Macrae staying for another year and picking up Perryman along with expected improvement from Allan and possible midfield time for Beau he’s up against it. Will come down to how we value him compared to Bytel and Long I guess.
I'm shocked that Bytel remains in the holding pattern apparently. Should have been one of the first cut like Begg was. I can understand waiting to an extent with Sullivan and Long.

Not far from there I believe mate. Due to being a Stolen One they have never been able to pinpoint my precise mob (there was no record of my birth). We know it is NT, we know it is a river, we know it was croc filled because I remember Mum teaching me about them as a kid. We know the rough area. We have tried to retrace some of the steps I remember but gee it was a long time ago. Nauiyu is my adapted Mob. Miriam took me into her family and I house all her Grandkids when they come to school in Melb. Maybe somewhere near Peppi they believe I was from.
Miriam sounds a beautiful lady, you are fortunate there. And beautiful country where you are broadly from.

I know it a little, spent a fair few years that way, many years ago now

The pink eyes, covering the daly river, when a light is directed.

Hope you find out more re place and family

Never fish in the same place in croc waters. They will learn your habits and wait and watch and then bang. Have to stay unpredictable.

giphy.gif

Sounds like tradecraft. Maybe try on a pair of sunglasses at a shop and look in the mirror to see if one’s behind you. Then duck down and disappear .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's his elite kicking that separates him from all those players.

Half back is the most important part of your team in modern footy, His ability to clear and hit teammates is a big reason why Port were reasonable this year.
Agree.
But from the last 3 weeks..we’re sending Jacois to perform the noble role in 25.

So is the cost of Dan worth it if we already have a player that is almost at his level?

I’m on the No bandwagon.
But def won’t begrudge the club if they land him.

Just not sure I’m happy to pay the price.

Someone suggested pick 20 & 26 for Noble. Sounds good.

F1, Pick 20 & Pick 26 for Houston seems fair.
Port arent doing that
They want a high pick this year.
You'd have to convince him to nominate us, and at this point he wants carlton.

They don't have to agree. They're not contracted to a list.
Probs wrong. But i thought if they are contracted to the primary list…..they have to agree to the move.

Albeit if they are going to get delisted…it’s probably a moot argument anyway isn’t it!!!
So the more I think about it, that may have been a covid measure (when you could just move them)

I’d actually be 100% ok with delisting AJ and McRae with a year left rather than rookie them.…so 2 more spots!!

No?

You seem to think I said he was a superstar
No idea how you could have possibly come to the conclusion that’s what I think.
You acted like he was worth chasing based off one game 3 years ago. He’s not. End of story.

Port arent doing that
They want a high pick this year.
You'd have to convince him to nominate us, and at this point he wants carlton.
Yet he hasn’t nominated them yet either.
Probably best not to assume that Carlton is be all or end all for him at this stage.

Miriam sounds a beautiful lady, you are fortunate there. And beautiful country where you are broadly from.

I know it a little, spent a fair few years that way, many years ago now

The pink eyes, covering the daly river, when a light is directed.

Hope you find out more re place and family

She is the most incredible lady you will ever meet. The wisest person I know and most importantly a big Pies fan. Her hubby Ken is Lions. You are blessed to spend time up there mate, beautiful part of the world. Thanks mate, I think the horse may have bolted on finding the exact location. My Foster parents were unbelievable and put so much money, time and resources into finding out. We found out lots but still a bit missing. I can retrace my steps form the hell camps to Darwin Long Grass camps (was only about 5 or 6) but my memory is fading before that. I have my people and a very special bond to Wemba Wemba up Swan Hill way as well.

Yet he hasn’t nominated them yet either.
Probably best not to assume that Carlton is be all or end all for him at this stage.
Dont think he'll nominate anyone until his manager thinks the club can get a deal done

Very real chance he may have to stay at port.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back