List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It's his elite kicking that separates him from all those players.

Half back is the most important part of your team in modern footy, His ability to clear and hit teammates is a big reason why Port were reasonable this year.
Agree.
But from the last 3 weeks..we’re sending Jacois to perform the noble role in 25.

So is the cost of Dan worth it if we already have a player that is almost at his level?

I’m on the No bandwagon.
But def won’t begrudge the club if they land him.

Just not sure I’m happy to pay the price.

Someone suggested pick 20 & 26 for Noble. Sounds good.

F1, Pick 20 & Pick 26 for Houston seems fair.
Port arent doing that
They want a high pick this year.
You'd have to convince him to nominate us, and at this point he wants carlton.

They don't have to agree. They're not contracted to a list.
Probs wrong. But i thought if they are contracted to the primary list…..they have to agree to the move.

Albeit if they are going to get delisted…it’s probably a moot argument anyway isn’t it!!!
So the more I think about it, that may have been a covid measure (when you could just move them)

I’d actually be 100% ok with delisting AJ and McRae with a year left rather than rookie them.…so 2 more spots!!

No?

You seem to think I said he was a superstar
No idea how you could have possibly come to the conclusion that’s what I think.
You acted like he was worth chasing based off one game 3 years ago. He’s not. End of story.

Port arent doing that
They want a high pick this year.
You'd have to convince him to nominate us, and at this point he wants carlton.
Yet he hasn’t nominated them yet either.
Probably best not to assume that Carlton is be all or end all for him at this stage.

Yet he hasn’t nominated them yet either.
Probably best not to assume that Carlton is be all or end all for him at this stage.
Dont think he'll nominate anyone until his manager thinks the club can get a deal done

Very real chance he may have to stay at port.

Probs wrong. But i thought if they are contracted to the primary list…..they have to agree to the move.

Albeit if they are going to get delisted…it’s probably a moot argument anyway isn’t it!!!
So the more I think about it, that may have been a covid measure (when you could just move them)

I’d actually be 100% ok with delisting AJ and McRae with a year left rather than rookie them.…so 2 more spots!!
Delisting would just be the mechanism used to move them to the rookie list. If you delist them without rookie listing them it's a salary cap waste, as well as being bad form

Delisting would just be the mechanism used to move them to the rookie list. If you delist them without rookie listing them it's a salary cap waste, as well as being bad form
No I’m certain that at some point the player had to agree.
Whether that was during the Covid years (where they didn’t get delisted) I’m not sure.

Either way, the players were talking about we both agree we’d be ok to delist….so it’s really just semantics :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The draft is about the future
Trading is for the now.
Which is why you find a balance for both.
No it’s not Jen.
Please stop with this line.

Trading is very much so about the future.
Just a shorter term future with far higher certainty.
Pound for pound it’s success rate would be easily double that of the draft.

No it’s not Jen.

You come across as being a tad disingenuous. I believe people reading her post(s) know what she means. Trading compliments young talent sourced via the Draft.

The majority of our best players were recruited via the Draft.

No it’s not Jen.

This seems oddly aggressive?

Trading can technically be for both? Some teams 100% trade for the now. Others trade for the medium term. It’s fairly rare a team trades for the long term future.

In the end, unless you’re drafting in the Top 10-15, the draft is far more long term than trades are.

Which I reckon was ultimately Jen’s point

This seems oddly aggressive?

Trading can technically be for both? Some teams 100% trade for the now. Others trade for the medium term. It’s fairly rare a team trades for the long term future.

In the end, unless you’re drafting in the Top 10-15, the draft is far more long term than trades are.

Which I reckon was ultimately Jen’s point
It depends on the age of the bloke you're trading in. Guys like Treloar, Aish, Adams, Ollie Henry, Bruhn were traded for from picks from drafts who were very much contemporaries of the guy who was traded in. When Treloar retires, there won't be very many left playing from the drafts we traded out of.

You draft hoping to get a player from year 3-12+. You trade hoping to get a player from year 1- ? Whether it's short, medium or long term depends on the age of the bloke you're trading in.

It depends on the age of the bloke you're trading in. Guys like Treloar, Aish, Adams, Ollie Henry, Bruhn were traded for from picks from drafts who were very much contemporaries of the guy who was traded in. When Treloar retires, there won't be very many left playing from the drafts we traded out of.

You draft hoping to get a player from year 3-12+. You trade hoping to get a player from year 1- ? Whether it's short, medium or long term depends on the age of the bloke you're trading in.

Obviously

But I’d wager that the average age of blokes being traded most years is probably well over the age of 21

Which to me leans more towards short to medium term impact

Hopefully we sort out our trades nice and early and give ourselves a shot to be ready for the unexpected. Get the 2 trades done early and have the draft capital ready in hand and also give ourselves the time to perform medicals on players who suddenly become available.

I all honesty I don't think this is our go. Surprises to us like Schultz aren't necessarily surprises to the club.

I'd like to think we're targeting specific players, needs a roles at least a year out. The last minute available player us most suited to a Carlton, North or St Kilda with their Pokemon "gotta catch em all" mentality.

This is seriously mad. How can Geelong continue to get A-grade players for next to nothing? I mean, if all it costs is an F1, why aren't 16 other clubs trying to get him? I get he's had issues in the last couple of years, but at his best, he is a beast.

And its not like every club gets its share of free hits. It's always the bloody Cats 😡

Oliver’s reputed issues have frightened off other clubs. If Geelong think they can ‘fix’ him, then good luck to them. But I wouldn’t be confident of that.

Sure, they can provide a disciplined, successful and supportive club environment - but so did Melbourne until recently.

This may be the point at which Geelong’s arrogance tips over into delusion, and their first major misstep in a long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back