List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

What if Suns trade 13 to Sydney for 19 and 22, then give us 19 and 22 for Noble and F1, then we give 19, 22 and Richards to Port for Houston?
Would have thought 19 + 22 doesn't work for the Suns. They'd need to trade them because they don't want to use pick 13 for the Lombard bid. Ontrading to Port is possible.

The other deals for pick 13 are not much/any better than ours. Dogs F1 and Melbourne F1 + F2.

To me, this suggests a deal gets done, these deals are not way above ours (except the Sydney one which doesn't work for Suns). Maybe we have to include our second rounder, would then need to see if Port can be satisfied.

Houston is a far better option than the gamble of those 2 picks imho.

However, each to their own, and I am not attacking your opinion just to clarify.
We need to start building a young key forward and key back to help us for the next 10-15 years.

But we also need to be hard at it to win another flag. Like Leppa said, it's a difficult balance.

Prepare yourselves - we miss out on Houston (goes to Blose) -amongst other things we get......

Owies (from Blose)

The offers as per Morris’ reporting for 13 are basically useless to the suns outside of ours.

19 and 22 would be swallowed up this year so doesn’t help them
F1 dogs isn’t better alone than ours
Melbournes f1 plus a second rounder isn’t bad but we have the player they are chasing

I think we’re well placed

Sadly .....If this is true .....If I was GC I would choose Melb F1, plus 28 (Melbs 2nd)......then trade either 29 or 28 for Noble

View attachment 2138362
That’s what you think if we want to release the player.

We don’t have to release the player.

Prepare yourselves - we miss out on Houston (goes to Blose) -amongst other things we get......

Owies (from Blose)
I'd hope we're not going to pay the guy the contract he seems to want. I don't think he's worth the cash he wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies (from Blose)
I'd hope we're not going to pay the guy the contract he seems to want. I don't think he's worth the cash he wants.

At moment I really can't see it Happenign
This is all about the art of the deal Dave. Let it play out mate.
If the Suns are baulking at what we’ve offered (or requested) as part of pick 13/Noble, then it may well be that Leppa has told GCS that if pick 13 doesn’t happen, then Humphrey will need to be involved in the trade for Noble/future first.
This may force GCS hand to do the deal we want for pick 13 rather than give up a player they prefer to keep.
Who knows what is being planned. But rest assured, Suns want Noble for their Richmond 2.0 chaos-ball gameplan, Pies will have a strategy in place with a few permutations accounted for.

Ok just sifted through 6 or 7 pages and all o got from it is that there’s a lot of posturing going on from all sides, which is to be expected.
Still expecting a deal to eventually get done where everyone walks away feeling they got reasonably fair value.

I thought I heard Leppa say early in the week that he was confident about us acquiring Houston. That sounded as if he was over the line, at least in his estimation. I just find it highly unusual for people in his position to voice their opinion on the chances of getting a player so early in the trade period. It can also look very bad if the trade fails to eventuate.
I don’t think it looks bad at all personally. Enjoy a bit of tempered confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back