List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it’s a mistake for Leppa to be sharing his thoughts so openly in the media. He’s highlighting our deal-making weak spots and highlighting GC’s position of strength. He should keep his cards closer to his chest rather than showing his hand to everyone.

I’d now put the probability of us landing Houston down to about 20%.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
All the clubs involved already know everything he’s saying, as do the media. Doesn’t affect the trade one iota in my humble opinion.

GC will want it involved in the deal. Lukosius deal gets really ugly for them if it's separate.

Why?

I can't see how it greatly changes what PA or GC will be prepared to give up or ask for in regards to trade or salary contributions.

Port have been given permission to use a future 1st round pick regardless of any deal involving Houston I believe, while I thought it had been reported that GC wanted to keep any deal for Lukosius separate.

At the end of the day if you're right and GC believes they can benefit from Lukosius being included in a 3 club trade, they should be more pliable in any deal for 13, 23 and Noble.

Trades don't need to be won like it's a game of football IMO. They should be about acting in good faith, balance and trying to achieve the fairest result for all.

lol it’s just done for theatre. No big trade will get done until prime time on Wednesday night. The same thing happens every year
Yeah has that feel about it. No players traded again today… only chaos lol. It’s obvious this is all set up to keep eyes and ears on next week…

All the clubs involved already know everything he’s saying, as do the media. Doesn’t affect the trade one iota in my humble opinion.
I don't have a problem with what Leppa has said, assuming that it's calculated.

If its defensive, wanting to respond to media claims of "selling the future farm", or to show the complexities hoping to tamp down backlash if the deal fails, then it's not great.

The former is more likely I feel, but this is Leppa's first deal in the role, so we'll see how it plays out.

Glad we're into Humphries. Keep in his ear for the future. Worst case scenario we keep Noble or get an okay draft picks. Perryman already a positive. Richards is annoying. Very good prospect at next year's draft. We don't have to overpay. I think Port and Suns will try and squeeze and we have no need to worry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide also need some form of draft capital in this years pool.
Especially if they’re to send their future 1 to Port for Lukosius

Suns basically have a call to make that has ramifications on getting their man and offloading one of their men too

Still makes too much sense to do a 3 way trade.

But otherwise

Noble, F1, 36

For 13, 23, 41

???
Something like that. I just don't think the other pick 13 deals are strong enough for Suns to walk away from the multi team deal. Maybe we end up accepting 29 rather than 23.

Melbourne's the only chance, depends what Suns want to do with the second rounder and whether 28 vs 36 makes much difference, or whether they think we'll move up the ladder and the Dees will be significantly lower.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back