List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure how accurate it is as i saw it on the crows board a month or so after neal-bullen nominated adelaide as his preferred club but part of the reason his trade price might have been lower than normal is because he was appartently willing to retire from AFL to get back to adelaide if a deal wasnt able to be agreed to between the two parties. grain of salt as i said though
He's a what, 28/30 yr old or so who's a good dependable player. Thats it. A pick in the 20s in not low for him. If you spend a pick above 20 on someone without serious elite traits then your wasting it. Houston, Barass, Rioli, Smith kinda guys for first round picks. Noble, ABN types for seconds.

ANB worth a first round pick? Lol. Pies will trade Noble because he wants to go. He's a good dependable player. You don't keep them against their will. Hopefully we get Houston, but even if we don't, he's North worth a pick above 23.
I mean the odds of getting a 250 game quality player with a 10-20 pick are next to none so it’s an interesting take! The weird part is he was actually still contracted and the Dees gave him away. That’ll be looked at as one of the wins of the offseason for the Crows because he’ll play an expanded role in their midfield ala Perryman for us.

Lol 12 and 14 for pick 3. Good luck with that.
Actually from a points system it works.
Pick 3 - 2234
Picks 12+14 = 2429

Which is why I want Collingwood to get 19 and 22 from Sydney and get 23 and 29(swap 36 ) from GC.
With the later picks we have and using the points system we can improve our hand to 15,18,23,29

This is why I am so annoyed at us trying to make 13 work.

You could well be right and what you state makes sense. Three different media outlets 3 different stories

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah who knows. The guy I was listening to was new to the club (Freo) and they put it to him about the 3 picks being offered to Richmond. He said he didn't know much, but would be surprised if that was done as they were keen on securing Warner.

In regards to the cryptic trade from a certain poster here. It screams to me Ed Allan moving back west. Not a beloved player, but most people here would be furious if he was traded for a pick upgrade. Makes more sense than IQ though because he could still go either way, but less sense because he’s a young player we’ve put 2 years development in to and would just be going back to square one in terms of our list profile, so who knows 🤷🏻
MooreDaicos can you confirm?

ANB worth a first round pick? Lol. Pies will trade Noble because he wants to go. He's a good dependable player. You don't keep them against their will. Hopefully we get Houston, but even if we don't, he's North worth a pick above 23.
GC will find a way to make a deal because Hardwick wants this Noble - speed and run out of the backline has been identified as an area they need strengthen, in particular with Weller suffering his second ACL injury mid year. They have openly admitted this.
Don't think they are going to finish the trade period and not get the players he has specifically asked for. Our demands may be overs but they are not outrageous.

GC will find a way to make a deal because Hardwick wants this Noble - speed and run out of the backline has been identified as an area they need strengthen, in particular with Weller suffering his second ACL injury mid year. They have openly admitted this.
Don't think they are going to finish the trade period and not get the players he has specifically asked for. Our demands may be overs but they are not outrageous.
That was 2023. He came back mid year this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They may not even be overs. Not when we’re being “urged to consider our net win when taking FA acquisitions into account”. i.e. take a win there and a loss here…

"17 July 2023 — Lachie Weller has received the devastating news he will need to undergo a second knee reconstruction after confirmation he has injured his ACL again."
yup.
2023 like I mentioned.
He returned to the footy field this year.

Yes - you are right but their recruiter mentioned this today and said it was a factor in them targeting Rioli and Noble
Yeah no doubt, they need to bolster that part of the ground. They probably want to ease pressure off weller.

At one stage Macrae and McInnes were our most exciting youngsters so I’m not gonna be fussed if he goes.

Come off it - Macrae has never been exciting. Has zero X-factor - as vanilla as they come. Shocking pick from Hine. Cal Brown v2.0.

Harrison and Allan both have dramatically more to offer. Losing either would really suck.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Actually from a points system it works.
Pick 3 - 2234
Picks 12+14 = 2429

Which is why I want Collingwood to get 19 and 22 from Sydney and get 23 and 29(swap 36 ) from GC.
With the later picks we have and using the points system we can improve our hand to 15,18,23,29

This is why I am so annoyed at us trying to make 13 work.
The thing with the points system is it’s only relevant when you need to match a bid for a F/S or Academy player (for example Brisbane who have one of each).

Otherwise it’s pretty much irrelevant.

The thing with the points system is it’s only relevant when you need to match a bid for a F/S or Academy player (for example Brisbane who have one of each).

Otherwise it’s pretty much irrelevant.
A caller to trade radio last Friday floated an interesting idea to remove the issue of FA compensation which would also make points more relevant in general. The gist of it was instead of a pick getting sent back you get DVI points so Battle might have been worth 1600 and St Kilda could offer 1300 for pick 13 and bank the rest to use on an NGA or FS of their own later down the line. At the very worst it would have removed 3 picks from the 1st Rd and I suspect that we’ve only scratched the surface of academies impacting the draft…

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back