List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

So sounds like Carlton totally out of the race for Houston now? Or any chance they are bluffing with these pick charrades with Eagles ? Does sound to me like they legit have dropped Houston and are gunning for pick 3.

In which case, North the only other suitor? They are possibly on the improve from here but surely Houston o wants the chance To win a flag.

They haven’t even offered Houston a contract, which tells me they may not have been pursuing him as much as the media made out to be....

Feel bit sorry for Perryman as gone bit forgotten with the Houston Talks
Yeah he might leave the club at this rate.

Probably got sold on a summer of fanfare and here we are a week gone and the masses are already drunk on their new prospective flavour.

Looks like he’ll only ever be our Salieri to Houston’s Mozart.

Perryman is going to make a huge difference for us next season. He along with Houston are propelling us back into top 4 calculations....
It won't take much. A couple of narrow losses and draws this year cost us a top four position.

Feel bit sorry for Perryman as gone bit forgotten with the Houston Talks
He’s a Pies supporter from way back. He wouldn’t even care about non media/supporter talk about him. He’s already stoked to be around the club he grew up barracking for and can’t believe he’s actually now a Collingwood player.

Aka he’s doing just fine 👍

I don't mind if Carlton want to put all their eggs in the one basket.

For pick 3 they would have effectively traded 12, 34 and a F1 to get it and if he comes up Toumpas rather than Sheezel it would be delicious.

If this draft is as strong in the 1st round as they claim I'd rather 2 swings.
To be totally honest, this is about the first time that I can recall Carlton being very creative & adventurous in relation to the National Draft. So you have to recognise their strategy in this instance even if yoy do not like them. Now I would not be surprised if their CEO-in-waiting, namely Graham Wright, had a hand in the deal that they did with Hawthorn given his past linkages to Hawthorn. Moreover he was a very effective recruiter & list manager at Hawthorn. Hopefully we can come up with some equivalent trading coup/s before this trade period ends next Wednesday night at 7 PM. OK. Goodnight & good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like he stays at Port or ends up a Collingwood.

Port don't get Luko if Houston doesn't get traded.

We have that on our side atleast.

Melbourne finish bottom 6 next year that's a hard offer to knock back.

What if Collingwood and Port have shockers?

While you can have reasonable punts as to where teams could finish, most would have thought we'd finish above Hawthorn this year and at least scrape into the 8.

Conversely, the Dees without Clarry and with Petracca made the top 4 in '23.

And even if the Dees finished low, if the GCS academy kids are top notch, then they'd want to bust down the high pick for 2 or 3 lower ones.

Plus then they'd have to trade something for Noble.

I can't see why the above 3 way with Port isn't something of a dream scenario for all parties. I'd put my left nut that if there is any major hold up, it's related to Port.

Melbourne finish bottom 6 next year that's a hard offer to knock back.
That offer by Melbourne is to get us to move on what we want. We want 13 and 23 and are standing firm, GC are using the other offers and making them public so that we accept something less. More than likely because GC will use 23 elsewhere, perhaps in the Rioli deal.

I get the sense that the Suns are leaking like a sieve to the media. Today's update is that the Lukosius deal is "firming" without us involved.

Obviously involving Port is easiest for all three clubs so this would be a tactic to try and make us panic into improving our offer (or softening our demands, so to speak).

On the other hand I'd have a bet that Port can't actually afford Lukosius without shedding Houston. So if they took Lukosius independently and still had Houston contracted, there could be pressure to offload him before the end of the trade period.

Suspect we hope that's the case (that Port can't afford both Lukosious and Houston) and call their bluff, if there's any truth to it.

I’d be bitterly disappointed IMO if we now don’t land Houston, I think we need to budge to GCs demands and just get those picks in, if Port want too much then I feel we have a couple of nice picks to go at this draft, it’s a very level draft. Not much difference between say pick 6-7 to 30.

But Houston @ 27 on the HBF linking up with Naicos and a fit JDG.

Stuff of forwards dreams!

I have absolute faith that the Pies will have a nett improvement of our list by the end of the trade period and DFA period.

Perryman is better than Noble
Houston is way better than Joe Richards
Hayes (although injury-riddled) would offer more contest (though with less flair) than, say, Ash Johnson
Tomlinson is better than what Eyre has shown to date (although Eyre has had injury concerns
Konstanty would be an interesting get with Harrison out for 2025 and Elliott closes to retirement..
I think Finn Macrae will be traded for a future 3rd rounder
I think Krueger may be a Lion for a similar future pick to Macrae

Out: Krueger, Richards, Noble, Macrae
In: Tomlinson, Houston, Hayes, Konstanty

and, obviously, some picks going in and out (We'll hand over our future first but get back 2 future 3rd rounders and so forth)- I think the swapping of a future first to the Swans for 19 & 21 is a certainty fo0r example.

I would bank on Houston being a Magpie by first thing Monday- Port have to move him out to accomodate the salary of Lukosius and the synergy with the Richards deal makes us a likely suitor...

Floreat Pica.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back