List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d be bitterly disappointed IMO if we now don’t land Houston, I think we need to budge to GCs demands and just get those picks in, if Port want too much then I feel we have a couple of nice picks to go at this draft, it’s a very level draft. Not much difference between say pick 6-7 to 30.

But Houston @ 27 on the HBF linking up with Naicos and a fit JDG.

Stuff of forwards dreams!

I've already got my head around having Houston in our side from next year, and can't go back now. Adding Houston along with Perryman and some better luck with injuries (letting Miho and McStay work together), a bounce back year from Schultz, and Nicky having a 48 vote year rather than a 38 vote year, and we are top 4.

Sounds like he stays at Port or ends up a Collingwood.

Port don't get Luko if Houston doesn't get traded.

We have that on our side atleast.
That’s my thinking. It’s in ports interest to get the deal done. Carlton unless they are inexplicably pulling a swifty seem to be backing up their words and are all in on the draft. North really a very rough outsider to land Houston and their contribution with their trade bidding is just to keep Collingwood honest ( which I think they have been anyway)

I've already got my head around having Houston in our side from next year, and can't go back now. Adding Houston along with Perryman and some better luck with injuries (letting Miho and McStay work together), a bounce back year from Schultz, and Nicky having a 48 vote year rather than a 38 vote year, and we are top 4.
All that happens hopefully be top 1 🤞

I have absolute faith that the Pies will have a nett improvement of our list by the end of the trade period and DFA period.

Perryman is better than Noble
Houston is way better than Joe Richards
Hayes (although injury-riddled) would offer more contest (though with less flair) than, say, Ash Johnson
Tomlinson is better than what Eyre has shown to date (although Eyre has had injury concerns
Konstanty would be an interesting get with Harrison out for 2025 and Elliott closes to retirement..
I think Finn Macrae will be traded for a future 3rd rounder
I think Krueger may be a Lion for a similar future pick to Macrae

Out: Krueger, Richards, Noble, Macrae
In: Tomlinson, Houston, Hayes, Konstanty

and, obviously, some picks going in and out (We'll hand over our future first but get back 2 future 3rd rounders and so forth)- I think the swapping of a future first to the Swans for 19 & 21 is a certainty fo0r example.

I would bank on Houston being a Magpie by first thing Monday- Port have to move him out to accomodate the salary of Lukosius and the synergy with the Richards deal makes us a likely suitor...

Floreat Pica.
I like that, albeit no clue about Konstanty. Not sure how many draft picks that leaves us with but Reef to the rookie list would also open up another spot if needed.

I like that, albeit no clue about Konstanty. Not sure how many draft picks that leaves us with but Reef to the rookie list would also open up another spot if needed.

Konstanty is one I’ve been thinking we should consider with Richards going and the ACL for HH. Bytel, Long, Sullivan are all similar so I’d keep Long and punt the other two and bring someone like Konstanty in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Konstanty is one I’ve been thinking we should consider with Richards going and the ACL for HH. Bytel, Long, Sullivan are all similar so I’d keep Long and punt the other two and bring someone like Konstanty in.

So it's in - --Konstanty-Noble ---out

Points are useless unless you have an academy/fs selection. Never go full points value, some will laugh at you.
Would be foolish to think the points value doesn't play a major role in determining a trade framework when it comes to draft picks. Otherwise clubs will place their own ridiculous values on draft picks and you wouldn't be able to get trades done.Atleast with the points system you can form a reasonable trade framework and go from there.

We'd be better off with Owies for free than konstanty

Let's says Houston comes out and says on Monday he now wants to stay at Port.

Gold Coast dish off Pick 13 to another club early Monday morning.

Both Noble and Richards are adamant and tell Fly they want to leave.

Fly tells Leppa - mate it has to be a player for each deal.

What deals would people consider?

I agree with you regarding trades needing to be mutually beneficial - otherwise they wouldn't get done, but they can be mutually beneficial but not feel equal and thus get ugly. Salary dump deals seem really tricky to me. Port can extend him and make his yearly salary much more reasonable. GC can't. So he's worse than worthless to GC but has value to Port. Pretty hard to get a deal where GC don't feel they're getting ripped off without Port being extremely generous. Whereas if he's within a bigger deal they can both walk away feeling they did well.

I've been thinking which at 8am is dangerous for me.

What if it's Port who has the most to lose if the deal isn't a threesome and by extension then Gold Coast.

It's been widely reported that Sydney are prepared to offer up 19 and 22 for 13. To me that's overs but okay.

Other reports have suggested Sydney would wait until draft night to decide whether to offer the above. That seems more realistic but it could be bluff.

So let's say it is true and now let's suggest it was us who approached Sydney and it leaked it to the media.

It would help explain why we have made noise about keeping 23 because we know Port can turn 13 into the 2 technically speaking 1st rounds picks they were after for Houston and look we'll throw in Richards for free, you can keep pick 39.

Of course they knock back that offer but if we can get pick 13 and 23 off GC separate to any deal for Houston then suddenly we have more leverage. We offer up 13 and Richards again. They knock it back again. We go okay and trade 13 for 19 and 22. We make our final offer of 19, 22 and Richards. Take it or leave it.

In theory we should be able to offer up a F1, 36 and Noble and get 13 and 23 back. I mean why should GC care about what happens separate to that deal?

Enter Lukosius.

If our deal for Houston falls through what then happens with the player above GC ideally want off their books?

We know Port can certainly trade their future 1st independent of any deal for Houston to get it done but can they afford his salary if they don't move Houston? They probably can but suddenly his salary has greater implications on them and with that they might look for GC to provide more back in trade for a F1 and/or require them to contribute money or more money towards his salary. Gulp for GC.

Conclusion.

While my preference is to obtain Houston even if it means giving up 23 I can see where our club is coming from if the noise surrounding the Sydney offer is true.

I feel it's PA and GC who benefit most from any 3 way deal however and it's why I'd be pushing to get PA 39 and GC 41 back in return for us relenting on 23. PA obtain 41 in the deal for Lukosius.

I absolutely believe we should be prepared to add 36 to the trade for 13 and 23 and would be annoyed if we didn't as it most certainly fails without it.

That's where it should stop however for us, Port can add 58 if GC want another sweetener.

If GC still wont accept that we walk away and push the price up on Noble.

Sorry Dan but we tried.

Too many variables, it makes me dizzy but you could be onto something

I would be using Noble and next years 1st (or 2nd)for Bailey Humphries and next years 2nd (or nothing).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be using Noble and next years 1st for Bailey Humphries and next years 2nd.

From our point of view, I would be happy with that deal.

A young midfielder (being played out of position) with plenty of upside. That would set up our midfield nicely for the future.

Would be foolish to think the points value doesn't play a major role in determining a trade framework when it comes to draft picks. Otherwise clubs will place their own ridiculous values on draft picks and you wouldn't be able to get trades done.Atleast with the points system you can form a reasonable trade framework and go from there.
Jeez, whatever did clubs do before the points system was created?

Oh right. Exactly the same thing they still do. Look at the draft, work out the quality of players likely to be available at certain picks and then place a value on them.

Using points to value pick trades is absolute idiocy if there’s no club involved that actually needs points. Please stop.

He's contracted, a former pick 6 just 2 years into his career and has given no indication he's unhappy at GC.

Go back to bed and start dreaming.

No chance.
Well his name was brought up in trade talk. So you just never know what he is thinking.

Scodog is probably close to the MVP of this particular forum. He got a particular detail about an opposition player incorrect - there's absolutely no reason to throw a barb like that.

I'd back his views on footy over just about anyone here.
Fair call. Apologies to Sco.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back