List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s all too suspicious. There’s been nothing but negative spin from the media this trade period. All deals look so difficult to get done when really they aren’t.

It’s all been set up for a “finale” next week. If Collingwood weren’t so heavily involved I can guarantee there wouldn’t be this much noise around Houston and these picks. We generate clicks and they’re milking it as much as they can. I still feel the deal will get done, it’s just working out the little things. We’re in constant dialogue with 2 other clubs, it’s going to be a tad messy at times but I think we’ll come together on something.

If there’s no news about it falling through on Monday then I think the trade will happen. Clubs are too busy with other stuff to be letting this drag out until late Wednesday.
For a side that wants players ahead of picks, they'd be stupid to refuse our offer of Noble the pick swap. I don't see why they would refuse our offer only to gain more draft picks, which they don't want

Probably not if we don't get Houston
Still see us getting pick 13. It may not be 13 and 23 but it won't been to far off. GC may do what Hawthorn did with 14 but they will lose Noble. They are still dealing with us for 13 at the moment so I see us in the box seat even if the Houston deal falls through.

As much as it appears having Noble/Richards intertwined with our key trading partners on pick 13 & Houston it has highlighted to me the challenges of trying to land a target (Houston) with an asset yet to be acquired (13). Have a look at Hawks pulling the rug on Eagles/Tigers moving out 14.

Pick 13 is a valuable commodity this year and other clubs know it’s the only way we can even entertain the Houston trade. They are all squeezing us on it. Let’s see if we hold our nerve.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Still see us getting pick 13. It may not be 13 and 23 but it won't been to far off. GC may do what Hawthorn did with 14 but they will lose Noble. They are still dealing with us for 13 at the moment so I see us in the box seat even if the Houston deal falls through.
If pick 13 is the sticking point, why would they swap with us when norf are offering better picks for 13, as are Melbourne

For a side that wants players ahead of picks, they'd be stupid to refuse our offer of Noble the pick swap. I don't see why they would refuse our offer only to gain more draft picks, which they don't want
Suns have been very profligate with their picks. Even this year, look at what they may be giving up for Rioli. But when Pies are involved they get stingy.

The amount of media involved in the Houston deal seems much more than other deals: Smith, Rioli, Bolton... and these are not small deals.

Suns have been very profligate with their picks. Even this year, look at what they may be giving up for Rioli. But when Pies are involved they get stingy.

The amount of media involved in the Houston deal seems much more than other deals: Smith, Rioli, Bolton... and these are not small deals.
They are trying to play us due to our terrible trading history of late, they'll buckle

Yep, doesn’t make sense. Has to be another media spin. They chased Noble a whole year before, if they want him so bad then give us what we want or he’s staying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More draft picks is always good as well. You can at the very least push them into next year's draft or use them to upgrade for better picks which gives you an opportunity at better players.

Leppa is playing this fine. He looks cool and collected to me.

Never negotiate if you are not prepared to walk away. If he is desperate to get it done we get milked.

The other parties all want something in this deal. If he keeps cool it will get done.

More draft picks is always good as well. You can at the very least push them into next year's draft or use them to upgrade for better picks which gives you an opportunity at better players.
If there's a club who's had their fill of draft picks, it would have to be the Suns. They need to be making on field improvements,

How about we make this more simple. Honour Nobels original request to be traded interstate. He can go to SA where he is originally from. Take Houstons spot off half back to cover ports loss. Give them Richards and our future first round and get back their pick in the 30s.

Leppa is playing this fine. He looks cool and collected to me.

Never negotiate if you are not prepared to walk away. If he is desperate to get it done we get milked.

The other parties all want something in this deal. If he keeps cool it will get done.
I think he is playing it right to get the Houston deal done and walk away with a possible 1st round pick. However Dodo did the same and because of this he missed out on players at times like Hill and Dunkley. It's a fine line you walk playing that style of list manager.

North aren't offering for 13. Melbourne's offer of F1 plus 2nd rounder is not much better than ours. We also have a player the Suns want.
Yeah, opposition fans and the media will tell you how much better that offer is compared to ours though 🤣

No one has a clue what’s actually going on between the 3 clubs. Just guess work.

I think he is playing it right to get the Houston deal done and walk away with a possible 1st round pick. However Dodo did the say and because of this he missed out on players at times like Hill and Dunkley. It's a fine line you walk playing that style of list manager.
Dodo was a donkey the whole way though. Never prepared to bend or compromise and made stupid public statements.

I appreciate you are using the extreme example though.

Leppa is making it clear he wants to get it done and is not sharing any details. He’s being respectful to the other parties and just says it’s messy.

The furtherest he has gone us to say “we won’t sell our future”. That’s a very general statement that doesn’t embarrass anyone but makes our position clear.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back