List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Fin Macrae or REEF (who I think is a potential HBF) can be added into the mix as a circuit breaker?

Noble, Macrae, 36 & F1

for

13, 23, 29 & F2

Go to Sydney with 13 and receive 19 & 22

Go to Port and offer:

Richards, 19, 22, 29 & 52

for

Houston, Lord & F3

Take 23 to the draft.

Just a thought...

Yep, doesn’t make sense. Has to be another media spin. They chased Noble a whole year before, if they want him so bad then give us what we want or he’s staying.
And from a Collingwood perspective if we don’t get Houston there’s no need to let Noble walk.

That said I think 23 is overs for Noble so we need to ask for a little less

Given port could afford Perryman and cumming, word is they have no problem affording luko and keeping Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe, but I believe they were after one of those, not both. Then there's Lukosius to be added.

It is possible that missing out on Perryman and Cumming means they can fit Lukosius and Houston. In that case it's up to Houston to push this and declare be wants to leave. Leppa may have been hinting at this in his statement. If Houston is prepared to stay it makes the deal difficult.

Maybe, but I believe they were after one of those, not both. Then there's Lukosius to be added.

It is possible that missing out on Perryman and Cumming means they can fit Lukosius and Houston. In that case it's up to Houston to push this and declare be wants to leave. Leppa may have been hinting at this in his statement. If Houston is prepared to stay it makes the deal difficult.

They were after both is my understanding.
Guess with luko they just taking his contract and evening it out over a longer deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s going to be a long 5 days
The sun is shining and the birds are singing. The bin lady is about to mow her nature strip for the fourth time this week.

Great day to fire up the BBQ and enjoy a beer or ten.

Come off it - Macrae has never been exciting. Has zero X-factor - as vanilla as they come. Shocking pick from Hine. Cal Brown v2.0.

Harrison and Allan both have dramatically more to offer. Losing either would really suck.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
On skills alone you are dead wrong.
Macrae has great hands and very proficient kick on both sides of his body.
HH also is good on both sides but Allan has no left foot.
The only skill advantage that Allen and HH over Finn is pace.
I don’t see “Bobby Hill” x-factor with any of them unless you believe pace is X factor.

To be totally honest, this is about the first time that I can recall Carlton being very creative & adventurous in relation to the National Draft. So you have to recognise their strategy in this instance even if yoy do not like them. Now I would not be surprised if their CEO-in-waiting, namely Graham Wright, had a hand in the deal that they did with Hawthorn given his past linkages to Hawthorn. Moreover he was a very effective recruiter & list manager at Hawthorn. Hopefully we can come up with some equivalent trading coup/s before this trade period ends next Wednesday night at 7 PM. OK. Goodnight & good luck.
It’s no coincidence that some trading magic hits Carlton when GW joins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole point of a point system is to give you equivalence or something close to it. Which is what is required in f/s bidding and is required in balancing a trade of draft capital and or players. Not sure why you can't get your head around that.
The whole point of the points system was to try to make FS and Academy bid matching fairer but in the process they made it less fair, hence the points value system being reworked for next year because clubs were turning absolute shit in to gold.
Do you honestly believe clubs will sit in at a negotiation and get offered a couple of crap lower picks for a player and then be satisfied because the points add up to a first rounder? Or are they going to completely ignore the points value and say “we’re probably a less than 30% chance of getting a best 22 player out of this and less than 5% chance of getting a player as good as we’re losing out of these crappy picks. This is not a fair trade.”

Points value is only relevant if the club you’re dealing with needs the points. Otherwise it’s an irrelevant system. It’s honestly astonishing that you genuinely think that I’m the one here who can’t get my head around this.

I have absolute faith that the Pies will have a nett improvement of our list by the end of the trade period and DFA period.

Perryman is better than Noble
Houston is way better than Joe Richards
Hayes (although injury-riddled) would offer more contest (though with less flair) than, say, Ash Johnson
Tomlinson is better than what Eyre has shown to date (although Eyre has had injury concerns
Konstanty would be an interesting get with Harrison out for 2025 and Elliott closes to retirement..
I think Finn Macrae will be traded for a future 3rd rounder
I think Krueger may be a Lion for a similar future pick to Macrae

Out: Krueger, Richards, Noble, Macrae
In: Tomlinson, Houston, Hayes, Konstanty

and, obviously, some picks going in and out (We'll hand over our future first but get back 2 future 3rd rounders and so forth)- I think the swapping of a future first to the Swans for 19 & 21 is a certainty fo0r example.

I would bank on Houston being a Magpie by first thing Monday- Port have to move him out to accomodate the salary of Lukosius and the synergy with the Richards deal makes us a likely suitor...

Floreat Pica.
When did Konstanty become a target?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back