List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

We are waiting for you blokes and gold coast to agree on a deal for pick 13 and 23, they want to involve lukosious in the 3-way trade

However Port and Golst coast are looking likely to do it independnant of you blokes

I'm not happy, Jan. I can't believe we are going to let the Houston trade slip. If we don't land Houston, say goodbye to a top four finish next year.

I'm not happy, Jan. I can't believe we are going to let the Houston trade slip. If we don't land Houston, say goodbye to a top four finish next year.
There are still discussions happening. The fact that they've had a week+ of talks means a deal is still a strong possibility.

If it doesn't happen we can discuss who may have been at fault.

There are still discussions happening. The fact that they've had a week+ of talks means a deal is still a strong possibility.

We need to get it done, even if we pay overs.

Wonder If we find a New Trade Target to try and get or just happy with Perrymen at the moment?

Then look at Hayes and Tomlinson as DFA

Think Houston stays at Port Now

I think Leppa said they will be discussing it more today. So Monday could be welcome Dan day. 🙏

If our offer for 13 falls through would GC look to keep 6 which should come before any academy bid and put up 13 for Rioli as an opening offer? That would be quite funny though with Hardwick driving the Rioli interest it might not be a consideration. Hard to see them doing a deal with Sydney for 19 and 22 (if that offer even exists) as they would be left with the problem of them being eaten up by the academy bid so they would have to find another buyer.

The NM offer of a F1 isn't for 13 and would be a direct offer to Port for Houston. For GC to be involved they'd be giving up more than 13 and 23 to get it that's for sure.

So that leaves Melbourne. If they received 13 would they look to a deal with Sydney? I assume not.

I only bring all this up because do we have something else in mind for F1 if we can't use it to land Houston?

Do we offer up F1 for pick 19? Is that a fair return for us? Some reports suggests Sydney will need points next year so this gives them a jump start and added flexibility when the time comes to wheel and deal.

If we ended up still dealing Noble with 23 part of that and Richards for 39 we could offer F1, 36, 39 for 19 and 22. Looks slight overs but can't see F1, 36 and 52 being quite enough either.

Does Essendon still have their future 2nd on the table? If Sydney indicated to us they really wanted to bank points for next year we could try and leverage that by getting our hands on that ES F2 with pick 36.

CW F1, ES F2, 52 for 19+22. We keep 39. I'd throw in 55 in this deal or the Essendon one to try and seal any deal.

Whether Sydney or Essendon accept is another question entirely.

If we miss on Houston taking 19, 22, 23 (I'd be pushing for more also in the Noble trade), 39? to the draft wouldn't be such a bad consolation prize and we could still wheel and deal from there.

It all hinges however on what value other than a known value in Houston we could get for that F1.

Wonder If we find a New Trade Target to try and get or just happy with Perrymen at the moment?

Then look at Hayes and Tomlinson as DFA

Think Houston stays at Port Now
I think it gets done and its just media drama but if it doesn't i doubt there is a pivot, we would keep Noble unless we get overs I reckon but Richards would be traded

Craig Cameron is interesting -

So they have identified a need
Noble fits that need of a rebounding defender
But now they are listening to offers for Pick 13 lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it's going to happen, Houston to Collingwood....This is just what happens, threat, counter threat, the media love it and use poetic license to create a sellable story....But a lot of water has now passed under the bridge and you are dealing with a players future, so, a compromise will be met and a deal will occur.

Given port could afford Perryman and cumming, word is they have no problem affording luko and keeping Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luko is reportedly on very big dollars & Houston would be well paid as well. I doubt they would be able to fit both in. Cumming would have attracted good dollars as well. Giants got a first round pick for him.

They need Noble otherwise Rioli will just get hard shut down like at Richmond this year, I’ll call Gold Coast bluff. The pair of them transform that team.
Leppa said it might come down to whoever blinks first. Really interesting that. I think we get what we want from GC in the end. The fact that they are still talking to us about 13 is positive.

Luko is reportedly on very big dollars & Houston would be well paid as well. I doubt they would be able to fit both in. Cumming would have attracted good dollars as well. Giants got a first round pick for him.
Luko only on big $ for. 2 years, so they could just spread that over 6 years.
But multiple people have said they could fit them both in. This isn't a salary dump.

Craig Cameron is interesting -

So they have identified a need
Noble fits that need of a rebounding defender
But now they are listening to offers for Pick 13 lol
Noble is not worth pick 13.
They would only need to satisfy a trade for Noble.
It’s Collingwood that wants 13 for our future 1st. They are somewhat seperate.
Melbournes offer for 13 is better than ours on paper.

There’s always a gamble in any decision. We would have thought that Schultz made us better last year and bet on that we would finish top 4 at least. That gamble didn’t pay off.
Houston this year is no different. We’re gambling are F1 that we get better, there’s no guarantees that we will. Me personally can see the benefits both ways, with and without the Houston deal.

Port can fit both in, however we have all the moving parts that can facilitate the trades.
I doubt it breaks down from here.

Still confident Houston gets to us.

Remember that the Suns list manager said "there is no frontrunner for pick 13". Meanwhile there are reports we are still talking with the Suns on a pick 13 deal. This still looks like an attempt to squeeze value, rather than walking away.

It doesn't often happen that a deal discussed for this long fails to get done. It could fall through, but it is still more likely that a deal is agreed at this point.

Dodo was a donkey the whole way though. Never prepared to bend or compromise and made stupid public statements.

I appreciate you are using the extreme example though.

Leppa is making it clear he wants to get it done and is not sharing any details. He’s being respectful to the other parties and just says it’s messy.

The furtherest he has gone us to say “we won’t sell our future”. That’s a very general statement that doesn’t embarrass anyone but makes our position clear.
Nice summary. He seems to have matured a lot since his “Aisho going nowhere” days.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back