List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 when we lost Treloar, Stephenson (still looked good), Phillips, Atu and our future 1st pick 2) all in dodgy ways. All up they got us a few teen picks and a few in the 20s and 30's. It was a disaster. Cost a lot of people their jobs. Guy, Eddie and Bucks to name 3.
Not sure many cared too much with the stevo transaction, but the treloar one was the worst of them all.
Atu, well he is out of the system and I think just wanted more opportunities at the time.
Phillips was a surprise and I liked him. I think aish the year before, I would have liked to stay.

And they STILL took him back!?!

At the time, Lyon was rumoured to have wiped himself out on speculative share market investments when the GFC hit. Was supposedly near-bankrupt. The Freo gig got him out of a very big financial hole.

As to why the Saints then took him back? Mostly at the urging of Reiwoldt, Goddard and Dal Santo. Looking after their old mate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ross Lyon had no moral high ground - not long afterwards he walked out on StKilda for a great big pile of Freo cash.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Rumoured at the time that Ross had a lot of debt (gambling?) to pay and StKilda wouldn't pay him any more so he negotiated directly with Fremantle and cut his manager out (Craig Kelly).
Ross left Fremantle under dubious circumstances also.

Luke Ball was basically benched in the 2009 Grand Final (played 28 minutes). So while Ross says Luke walked out on StKilda, he actually walked out on a coach that didn't rate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumoured at the time that Ross had a lot of debt (gambling?) to pay and StKilda wouldn't pay him any more so he negotiated directly with Fremantle and cut his manager out (Craig Kelly).

Luke Ball was basically benched in the 2009 Grand Final (played 28 minutes). So while Ross says Luke walked out on StKilda, he actually walked out on a coach that didn't rate him.

Yep, and karma ended up biting Ross in the ass. Ball now has a premiership medallion, while Ross can only ponder.

Always knew Ben Reid had no originality about him
Fun fact:

They actually played for opposing (enemy) teams

- Wangaratta (Magpies) for Reid & Joe Richards;

- Wangaratta Rovers (play in Hawks colours) for Bobby Rose & current premiership coach ex-.Pie Sam Murray.

Imagine wanting to be CEO of Carlton. Ex Pie premiership player. Yuk!
AFL and Tassie would have offered him monster deals.
He makes me sick.
I think the Pratts and Mathiesons’ are going to eat him alive as they’ve done to every other CEO - Cook may well be another example of frustration with the power plays.
GW is not a political animal, he is a straight shooter and that’s not going to cut it in the Viper pit.

Had 22 disposals and seven tackles in 46% game time. Not quite 28 minutes but not that much more.

You could quite justifiably say Lyon’s approach to Ball cost them two premierships.

My take is that Rioli's value to GC goes beyond footy. They're establishing a second home in Darwin and he is a very good player, an Aboriginal leader and NT royalty.
Well Noble's last name suggests the same. But I suspect his hair colour suggests his ancestors were more the kilt wearing type of royalty. So is he also worth more? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back