List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The Port board is going feral over the thought of losing Houston in what is being proposed. LOL

This is the icing on the cake.
The Blues are also taking it well going by this Blues poster:

“An absolute **** up from Austin.
Houston would transform our ball movement from D50.
But these 2 kids we’ll pick up will be great in 2-3 years.
FMD“

I swear if we walk away from this trade period with Perryman, Houston, Hayes, Tomlinson and picks that actually take advantage of Hine’s only strength it would be incredible

Dev Robertson would be a nice bonus but I don’t see how that gets done

Correct. No one has perfect vision of the future. We have to make judgements with the best info we have. Using that info, I believe we've made a good deal.

"No real clue" is a bit strong on parts of that. The club would have a decent idea on how Tom's going to go barring injury etc. Similar doubts would hang over any potential acquisition.
agree with all that.

club has in fact made an educated guess / prediction on all of those variables, effectively present valuing (PV) what it believes it is paying vs receiving (over a time horizon). they did the same last year. in fact, all clubs do.

we can argue the merits of that value but i'd be more interested in the method ie. how they go about calculating ..structured / formulaic vs vibe or some point in between. and do they ever back-test any of the method?

So what's the story with Dev Robertson. Has he asked for a trade and are we a realistic chance of getting him. I quite like his strong attack on the ball, his hand skills and seems to read the play well.
Basically, he wants to come to us and Brisbane are keen on Krueger, lock it in, what else are we going to do with a couple of picks in the 40s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear if we walk away from this trade period with Perryman, Houston, Hayes, Tomlinson and picks that actually take advantage of Hine’s only strength it would be incredible

Dev Robertson would be a nice bonus but I don’t see how that gets done
If he wants out (again) and wants to come to the Pies, I think the Lions will let him go on the cheap. They have depth. He can’t get a run there.

If my son in the next room is any indication the views on Dan Houston highlights videos are going to explode tonight.

1st round pick plus one best-22 player plus a 24-yo who is absolutely tracking to be a best-22 player, for Dan Houston and nothing else? Feels a tad lopsided to me
You don’t win premierships in trade week. We can win a premiership with a dual AA like Houston improving out list. We might get a sweetener but even if we don’t , meh.

Essentially, we're adding a dual AA half back, to allow an AA and B&F in a Premiership year Wingman to return to where he plays his best footy.

Meanwhile our other dual Premiership player Wingman is now our pretty successful tagger!!

Oh I'm so excited for next year!!!

J Daics played much better football at HB than Wing this year.

So essentially our trade period will boil down to:

OUT: Noble, Richards, F1
IN: Perryman, Houston

That’s a win. Clearly an upgrade, at least in the near term.

Here’s hoping McGuane Jnr develops into a genuine top-10 prospect for next year’s draft and we can land a great free agent then too coz we’re going to lose a few to retirement in a year’s time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back