Jeremy CameronPick 13
Pick 24Pick 15
Pick 27Pick 20

vs

HoustonNoble
Pick 58 (likely to climb)Richards
2025 1st
Pick 36
Not quite the same but can't help but get caught up in all the emotion :)

When you break it down though - Cameron trade was seen as watershed ground breaking moment - we're not THAT far off it

Does anyone else think Port may have schooled everyone here.

They've flushed out our maximum for Houston and have basically taken us out of the equation. And will know what GC offered for Noble and future first alone. They are now just negotiating with Gold Coast to sell Noble, future first and take a couple of their salary dumps.

The proposed deal may have just been a dummy.

Take Haynes out of the Carlton side then too.

Perryman is at no cost besides cap space. There is no outgoing there. He is irrelevant to the cost of our draft capital.
That’s the entire point though, this is big picture stuff. If you cut the positive things we’ve been able to do in our recruiting out then of course you’re going to find it disappointing.

Is there a scenario where we keep both Richards and Noble and trade next years 1st into this year and draft some young talent? Seems the Houston deal is dead.

I can’t imagine any scenario where Richards stays (he’s uncontracted and seems to have his heart set on leaving)

Noble - it’s possible for us to enforce his contract, but I think it’s unlikely.

Houston clearly does not want to go to North. I think, although unannounced, he wants to come to the pies. Port have asked him to keep his powder dry so they can get the best deal. They have now renegged and shat all over him. If I was Houston, I would tell them if they don't do the trade with CFC then I'm sticking to my contract. BUT I am moving to Melbourne and training on my own..See you on match day.

With our first rounder this year and next, along with Richards and Noble, we're looking at having Schultz, Perryman and Houston.

Carlton probably turning their current first rounder and F1, along with Owies... for Nick Haynes and O'Sullivan.

Let that sink in
Bring it back up in 2028.

Pies need ready players to for another premiership or 2.

I'm pretty sure Pies just need to tank 2 seasons to get top 5 picks themselves.

I've got the welcome to collingwood Dan houston thread ready to go. Just have to push the button.

One of the factors is that their fans are already disgruntled and this sort of deal does need to be ticked off by the board, because it impacts more than just the footy department. It's marketing and memberships as well. So if it is the board it probably is indirectly the fans turning down the deal.
If the board was worried about marketing and memberships, they would have gone on to PA Bigfoot and read the room, and sacked donuts Hinkley and Koch last year..

It really is about PA taking on a couple of contracted players from GC, with large $$, and paying full price.
They are right in asking GC for the same deal as they gave Geelong with the salary dump last year…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite the same but can't help but get caught up in all the emotion :)

When you break it down though - Cameron trade was seen as watershed ground breaking moment - we're not THAT far off it
Not a mile away - cost of acquiring a contracted dual AA player in their prime!

It would look pretty bad on him to go to the draft after Reid got him to pies from the bush league.
If the deal fell over Id be confident we would up our offer for him to stay, which he was considering doing anyway
Plus Pies already did offer him a contract just 1 year less. I'm sure Richards would just do that... he's built his repoire with the team and theirs a bridge there already.

Who is Gabbo?

And

How?
Season 4 Episode 22 GIF by The Simpsons

Does anyone else think Port may have schooled everyone here.

They've flushed out our maximum for Houston and have basically taken us out of the equation. And will know what GC offered for Noble and future first alone. They are now just negotiating with Gold Coast to sell Noble, future first and take a couple of their salary dumps.

The proposed deal may have just been a dummy.
Well take Noble out of that since he's going to stay at least one more season

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back