List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Who says we told Stringer that?

Maybe we told him he was fat and had unsavoury gangland connections
I never heard the club specifically mention age either.

McRae said Collingwood had investigated the merits of recruiting Stringer, but opted against going any further. “We did our research and we did all the things behind the scenes, where he fits on the list, money, tenure and whatever … but I'm happy to say he won't be coming to Collingwood next year,” McRae said. 25 Sept 2024

Membery would be a different situation altogether as a DFA, short contract & minimal $. Stringer wanted 2 years at least.

It is not about points, it is about accruing more talent if the teams draft board fall their way on draft night. It is more a live trading play rather than pre draft trade.

It is quite obvious you lack the imagination to understand the concept of live draft day trading .
You call it a lack of imagination, I call it living in the real world where teams don’t trade down 20 spots to “accrue more talent”.

This is the second time you’ve told me I don’t understand a concept when you clearly have no idea how things actually work in real life. It’s amusing at least.

Wow just wow… has anyone seen the fox article of the “winners” and “ losers” of trade period…

Have a read and love to see your thoughts as to what I am getting at!!

Ps for some reason I can’t paste the link… try the below if it works?

The real question is do we need any of these junk media outlets to validate what has obviously been a successful trade period?

If the mission was get players in who can help take a bit of the weight off Nicky's shoulders then we've clearly done that, all the salt in the world from biased sports journos isn't going to change that.

Last edited:
He's just taken over a broken side.
His past resume impressive.
There are lots of ex coaches who had exceptional resumes as assistants that couldn’t make the step up to senior coach.
Yze has a lot of work to do to prove he can actually coach, and like the majority of coaches before him who have taken over at the start of a rebuild, the odds are against him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 premierships with Hawthorn as the defensive coach.

I also mentioned it remains to be seen
Wasn't he only appointed as their defensive coach at the end of 2014?

I think he was part time assistant from 2012.

I guess we'll see what he's made of with a whole bunch of kids to work with. He'd be hoping the recruitment team do their job well 🥴

Whatever we do don’t pick vanilla footballers
Be bold and pick players with something special that stands out even if they aren’t consistent across the board.
McCreery was classic example of a pick in 40s with his speed and power but low disposal count and consistency, it doesn’t matter as he has traits that make him good at the top level.

No more Bianco, Josh Smith type selections that are too safe
Agree, and another thing is if the player doesn't work out at Collingwood - they are easier to trade and extract value for if they've got one great trait that another club is willing to pay up for.

This trade period really highlighted the bias the journalists have, especially when collingwood is involved.
It is true what they say, sometimes when someone pats you on your back , what they really are doing is looking for a soft spot to stick the knife.
Seems like they have completely forgotten that we had a horrendous injury list as one point and only missed out on the 8 by percentage.Think we had the most points for a 9th placed team in AFL history.

Even though Richmond won trade week. I really really want to play them twice in 2025. They will be a massive percentage boost next year.
To be truthful, I'd "prefer" to be Richmond than us. Not because they're in a better position, but because they're going for a near full rebuild. I don't think they are necessarily more successful, but I find them more enjoyable as a fan.

The circumstances under which Nick arrived meant that a full rebuild wasn't really possible and likely won't be till the tail end of his career or after. Even then we may make different choices. We got a flag out of it and are a chance of another or more, so the quotes around prefer are real.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back