List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If Jack Carroll gets delisted he could be someone to look at as a train on if he wants to stay in Melbourne. With so much uncertainty with our younger midfield he might be better than Macrae, Long, Sullivan.

I'm a bit surprised that we didn't keep Bytel ahead of one of these guys who all look to be primarily mids.

The way I see it, our best 22 is going to have a stack of players who can roll through the midfield and are better options than these guys. So we're more likely to need flanker depth than centre square depth and I think we're short on flanker depth.

Many were calling for us to hide him when he was dominating in the VFL so we could pick him up in the mid season draft.
Giving him another year is worth it to see what comes of him.
He's 21, with a big body. 194cm, can tackle, play forward and he's strong. Worth persisting with.

Don’t mid-season draft picks have an 18 month contract ?
Only if the player nominates it. Smit did
But if you are looking for a 2nd chance anywhere for any time, a lot do nominate 6 months and just back themselves in.

How does membrey fit in tho with checkers mcstay cox resting forward plus all the smalls
Membrey is a much better forward than Cox...a 30 goal a year forward vs a 20 goal a year forward

In the past neither Cameron nor Cox has been reliable enough to ruck solo, so we always needed the two ruck structure. However, after a breakout season from Darcy...maybe 5 minutes from McStay is now sufficient backup

He's 21, with a big body. 194cm, can tackle, play forward and he's strong. Worth persisting with.
Very lucky because despite his size and strength, he is awfully slow.
Slow enough that it doesn’t fit out style really as to be this slow you need to be a super first possession player like Tom Mitchell ..which he also isn’t

I'm a bit surprised that we didn't keep Bytel ahead of one of these guys who all look to be primarily mids.

The way I see it, our best 22 is going to have a stack of players who can roll through the midfield and are better options than these guys. So we're more likely to need flanker depth than centre square depth and I think we're short on flanker depth.
I think there’s more potential improvement in Sullivan and Long tbh. Sully more creative and Long has physical attributes we are not overflowing with.

I think we are more likely to use someone like Allan on the flank rather than Bytel. Then we have faster more experienced players like WHE, Markov, Lipinski and possibly Parker and Ryan if they show something. Finally Crisp, Perryman, Sidey etc can fill a role admirably as well.

I feel we have numerous options now for flankers/wingers all better placed than Bytel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the last 2 off seasons Oliver has made noises about leaving and Melbourne have caved in.

Oliver can do what he wants because Melbourne wont rip the band aid off.
Of course. Most (if not all) of Melbourne's recent woes are of their own making.

They've gone from having one of the most stacked lists in the AFL 4 years ago (thanks in large part to the AFL's charity) to having a list that's slowly being eaten away by inept management, fractured relationships and father time.

Macrae is contracted anyway but regardless of role Bytel is very very vanilla. Given what Leppitsch said about bringing in some crash and bash kpps…. If you extrapolate that, retaining some hardened mids for depth is not inconsistent with that approach. They can free up our veterans and stars to fill those roles on the flanks as the game demands.

I think there’s more potential improvement in Sullivan and Long tbh. Sully more creative and Long has physical attributes we are not overflowing with.

I think we are more likely to use someone like Allan on the flank rather than Bytel. Then we have faster more experienced players like WHE, Markov, Lipinski and possibly Parker and Ryan if they show something. Finally Crisp, Perryman, Sidey etc can fill a role admirably as well.

I feel we have numerous options now for flankers/wingers all better placed than Bytel.

Yep, got heaps.

Thought it originally derived from rugby when making a place kick - set the ball with the laces out. Then it should spin end over end.

My take is more than if you kick it perfectly it will spin perfectly and vertically.. ( aka Barry Price)…. It will land perfectly in your full forwards hands vertically and the laces will be pointing out ( aka Peter McKenna)

seriously how did we land Houston!

We had nothing going in. Two players nominated the perfect clubs to facilitate it. It’s like it was destiny!

I’m just in shock still. Next season can’t come quick enough.

Who knows, we may find ourselves another Swanny with our draft hand yet.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back