List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you sure about that count?

I've got us at 33 senior listed players now, and 5 rookies. If we add Membrey as a DFA, that would bring us up to 34, which means to have three list spots at the draft, we'd only need to delist and re-rookie one, and then we'd get to the minimum of 36 on the senior list with three draft picks.

Reef would seem like the obvious candidate for delisting and rookie listing.

I’d go for Johnson rather than hang McInnes out there for someone else to grab as a rookie before we get to make the call.

A lot of my son's friends at school are soccer mad, so he decided he should follow a team.
The only advice I gave him was not MC or MU, not Arsenal or Chelsea.
I also said his grandfather followed Newcastle United (which was how he came to choose Collingwood when he emigrated), that we followed Leeds when we lived in England for a couple of years, and that the Spurs coach is an Aussie.
He chose Liverpool, and, of course, that means he now hates Everton.
His current favourite player is Mo Salah.

Thats good. Long ago a Scottish mate put me onto Everton after I told him I needed to pick a team and I thought I should pick Liverpool because I had an Irish ancestor who got a free trip from there. He put me straight on the correct team for Catholics.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not surprised about Bytel - he was getting games when we should have been playing Allan.
As for the other two - we simply can't afford to be carrying injury prone players unless they are best 23.
Titch and Jordy are two we did without for big chunks of the season, but they are obviously important to us.

He was getting games of better VFL form than Allan.

Im largely with Beeg here. Sidey was awful when he played on the wing - old slow, fumbly. He was okish as a half back (still way below the Sidey we know and love) but was a revelation when played as a tagger. Shut his opponent down, while winning possessions and clearances. Can he sustain that for more than 6 weeks? We shall find out...

FWIW, I nearly fell off my chair when he (and Pendles) finished so highly in the Copeland. Talk about tyranny of the midfield. IMO flankers like WHE and Howe had good seasons, played their roles much better than Sidey did for most of the season, yet this wasnt reflected/appreciated in the Copeland
Were you sozzled on most game days? Sidey was crucial in the big games. Not surprised in the least that he polled well in the Copeland. Pendles? His finishing position reflects his value on field as a player and as an on field coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't say that

I'm just saying that his relationship with Houston probably played a part in him surviving.

I personally would argue Bytel was actually better than Sullivan (neither were actually overly good) so I can only assume Houston's survival helped save him

Bytel 4 years on an afl list, he’s had his chance. Sullivan has had 1year so they possibly see greater potential for him to improve.

They got a f2 back in as one of thei swaps although it’s linked to the reigning premiers

The NET of all their deals (excluding kennedy) seems to be

owies 12, 34 and a future 1 for…,,

3 and a few picks in the 60s !!!

And they get 38 in for Kennedy
Will be interesting to put a few names to those picks in a couple years time and see how it pans out. No pressure on this kid picked at 3 at all. The last time Carlton really stretched was when they gave up what people thought was a lot to trade up and pick Stocker. That didn't end well and hopefully neither will this.

Gary Lyon on sen this morning said he didn’t know who perryman and peatling were before this trade period, is not the kinda gotcha moment he thinks it is. For a self proclaimed footy expert to not know players that are being chased by multiple clubs undermines whatever credibility he may have had.

How wouldn't he know Perryman?
Considering he has been in the AFL system since 2017, and played 129 games.
Surely Lyon Chop is either being ignorant or just a smart arse....

‘I want players not picks’ – Fly sets the scene for his leadership team –we are in premiership mode now. Lets not die wondering! Pursue players for the here and now –they delivered. While no guarantee of success, we should be proud of how our team has conducted themselves. Outstanding leadership, whether you agree with the strategy or not.

Personally, I love the strategy. I didn’t love what we paid for Shultz or what we got for Ginni, however they were the right move.

Our veteran starts:

Pendles/Sidebottom/Howe/Elliot

Our covered by the next wave of stars:

Moore/Degoey/Houston/Maynard/Crisp/Camerom underpinned by the Daicous brothers, IQ, Hill and Beau. There is also Shultz, Perryman and a few kids running around looking likely. This group alone will ensure we are contenting for quite a while yet.

I think 2025 is the year that McStay puts his injury woes behind him, relieving pressure on Mihocek.

Continuing to evolve the list year, may well push our contention period out another 3 possibly 5 years, with a core containing:

• Moore/Degoey/Houston/Maynard/Crisp/Camerom/McStay/Shultz/Perryman/
  • J and N Daicous/ Hill/ Beau/IQ – I am sure there are others missed, however, that is 14 alone.
  • Then there are year to year top ups, free agents, recruits, and an existing core of promising youth including Allan, Parker and TJ. Smitt and Steene, not to mention Tom McGuane.
I don’t see us falling off a cliff anytime soon. In-fact it feels great to be a Collingwood supporter and love the vision and courage the current leadership team is showing.

Been super impressed with Leppa. He is nothing like imagined (from his interviews), and now see why he would get on so well with Fly. I hope Fly and Leppa stay around for a long time.

Well I can hardly believe we actually got Houston – it just seemed to br a Collingwood thing, to good to be true. Sure, it would have been nice to retain Pick 36. However, just look at where we start – we had virtually nothing. Lost 2 fringe (one solid and one with potential), Pick 36 and a F1 which we probably would have to trade, for a star who will be one of our top 2 or three players.

Trade rating so far: A+

‘I want players not picks’ – Fly sets the scene for his leadership team –we are in premiership mode now. Lets not die wondering! Pursue players for the here and now –they delivered. While no guarantee of success, we should be proud of how our team has conducted themselves. Outstanding leadership, whether you agree with the strategy or not.

Personally, I love the strategy. I didn’t love what we paid for Shultz or what we got for Ginni, however they were the right move.

Our veteran starts:

Pendles/Sidebottom/Howe/Elliot

Our covered by the next wave of stars:

Moore/Degoey/Houston/Maynard/Crisp/Camerom underpinned by the Daicous brothers, IQ, Hill and Beau. There is also Shultz, Perryman and a few kids running around looking likely. This group alone will ensure we are contenting for quite a while yet.

I think 2025 is the year that McStay puts his injury woes behind him, relieving pressure on Mihocek.

Continuing to evolve the list year, may well push our contention period out another 3 possibly 5 years, with a core containing:

• Moore/Degoey/Houston/Maynard/Crisp/Camerom/McStay/Shultz/Perryman/
  • J and N Daicous/ Hill/ Beau/IQ – I am sure there are others missed, however, that is 14 alone.
  • Then there are year to year top ups, free agents, recruits, and an existing core of promising youth including Allan, Parker and TJ. Smitt and Steene, not to mention Tom McGuane.
I don’t see us falling off a cliff anytime soon. In-fact it feels great to be a Collingwood supporter and love the vision and courage the current leadership team is showing.

Been super impressed with Leppa. He is nothing like imagined (from his interviews), and now see why he would get on so well with Fly. I hope Fly and Leppa stay around for a long time.

Well I can hardly believe we actually got Houston – it just seemed to br a Collingwood thing, to good to be true. Sure, it would have been nice to retain Pick 36. However, just look at where we start – we had virtually nothing. Lost 2 fringe (one solid and one with potential), Pick 36 and a F1 which we probably would have to trade, for a star who will be one of our top 2 or three players.

Trade rating so far: A+

I like it.

Disagree though. I mean, we’re making a bet. And I have us as contending next year for sure, but among a number of contenders. A good team next year? 75%. Then I have us plateauing. A good team following 2 years? 50%. Beyond that it’s speculative.

I like it.

Disagree though. I mean, we’re making a bet. And I have us as contending next year for sure, but among a number of contenders. A good team next year? 75%. Then I have us plateauing. A good team following 2 years? 50%. Beyond that it’s speculative.
Actually, it’s all speculation if it was only about proven facts, no thread would have more than 3 pages. 😏

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back