List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

We need another inside mid for depth.
No way to know how much Titch can give us in 2025.

Atm, we have Ned Long, Sulli, Fin and Ed Allan as depth.

Don't think this is adequate.

Can we somehow grab a mature, big bodied mid as back up for cheap money?

Feel that we need this more than anything else.

This year, our lack of inside mids was a glaring Achilles heel.

With Houston and Perryman now added to our hb line, our ball movement and aggressive rebound will be electric. Our ball movement above all else will be the avenue to goals.

I am happy with our armada of small forwards along with McStay and Checkers to be part of an unpredictable and fast moving forward line which will will feast off the ball movement.

This is why i had hoped we would get Matt Kennedy or Devon Robertson.

You actually only really need 4 in the team. We've got: Nick, JDG, Titch, Crisp, Sidey, Pendles, Perryman - Allan developing, plus Macrae, Long and Sullivan as depth. I think we've got too many depth mids - considering the midfield depth that is already in the best 22 - leaving us short on depth in other areas.

Is Josh staying on at the club in any capacity. Ruck coaching?
Fly referred him as our development coach I think at the copeland. So maybe goes back to that. Maybe takes over as head of academy now Singh in leaving? Its the role he had originally when he came back

I really hope that De Mattia and Jiath come on over the post and preseason and remain injury free in 2025. It’s such a shame that our VFL hasn’t been that competitive in 2024.
I think its a bit understandable our vfl 2024, given all the injuries we had, so lot of players had to be promoted to afl, and we sometimes only had 7 afl listers playing. Add that to the very raw and inexperienced vfl players we had who hadnt played together much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I warming to the potential Membrey acquisition. He kicked 30 goals last season, which would of made him Collingwood's leading goalkicker, equal with Bobby Hill. Averages 1.5 goals per game.

I see him as a better alternative to McCreery. Obviously McCreery is a different player. He's a a defensive forward that chases and tackles. But only averages 0.5 goals per game. Its not good enough output for a permanent forward. We still have Schultz and Hill to do the chasing and tackling.

I think Membrey as a 3rd option alongside Mihocek and McStay is a better structure alongside smalls Elliott, Hill and Schultz. McCreery can rotate in from the bench.

De mattia is not an inside mid.

The key missing element is inside mid.

(Nor is Perryman an inside mid)
Don't think we have figured out what De Mittia is yet, he played a lot of mid as a junior. I also think Perryman could play the inside mid position well, he just hasnt had much of an opportunity. Tom Greene along side Cripps is probably the best inside mid in the comp, he is hard to displace. I'm hoping Perryman goes full Jordan Dawson at Collingwood.

Last edited:
Same way I willed Jack Hayes into a medical at Collingwood, I’m gonna do the same with Weideman just to f**k with you all
I admit in a moment of weakness I had this thought when I heard he’d been delisted because I thought he showed something late in 2023 as a KPD. In the end I don’t have the same visceral reaction to how bad the move is it’s more ambivalence.

I think we should be using the 3 picks in the 50s to draft 3 talls.
Let them all play together in the 2s and let them develop together. We may only hit on 1... maybe 2. But we are desperate for young quality talls!

if North are bottom 3 and LDU nominates a top 4 side it’s not in their best interests to match.
Tend to agree. That would give them 2 top 5 picks and set them up medium term.

LDU is a great player, but he's never been all Australian. And whilst he can find a the ball, he's not the best user and there's a question over his defensive game.

Dean showed a Fair bit late in the Year

Tomlinson not getting any Better

yeah, I thought he showed some good signs personally, especially considering he missed the entirety of 2022 & 2023 through injury.

I am optimistic for Dean improving into an AFL quality player next season with another uninterrupted pre-season under his belt.

I am not knocking Tomlinson, I think he would be a good pick up, but it wouldn't be at the expense of Dean in my opinion.

Tend to agree. That would give them 2 top 5 picks and set them up medium term.

LDU is a great player, but he's never been all Australian. And whilst he can find a the ball, he's not the best user and there's a question over his defensive game.

While LDU would be an incredible pick up, I think the priority in RFA/UFA next season has to be on KPP. Listening to Leppa, they definitely see Perryman as that defensive midfield type post Pendlebury.

I would think finding a replacement for Mihocek and a key lockdown defender if Dean/Reef don't develop in that role would be the key priorities for us in terms of list management.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back