List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect a lot of the pushback you’re receiving is this perception to be truly great in that role you need to be like Cripps, Oliver or Bont. Reading between the lines I think you’re referencing more the GAJ role for Nick. At Geelong they would protect him like no one has ever done and feed him the ball at every opportunity so he was brilliant as a first possession player and able to create in space as well. He was a small mid playing that 1st possession role at an elite level for 12 years so it can be done.

The key question I have is the help to protect Nick the way Bartel, Selwood and Corey looked after GAJ. IMO, Perryman is crucial in that space as a replacement for Pendles. Crisp did a good job in the middle of the season, but I felt we were lacking that big body “defensive” mid at times this year hence Long getting such a good run late season.

Yep, although GAJ has probably got more lower body strength than Nick, he’s the modern day great I expect Nick’s career will most resemble.

Tom Clurey delisted. I'll say it. He's a better option than Tomlinson

Tom Clurey delisted. I'll say it. He's a better option than Tomlinson
Would you prefer him to Reef McInness?

That's the question at the moment isn't it? He's our senior listed guy who has neither been delisted or had an extension announced. So he's the one relevant for DFA guys.

That's the question at the moment isn't it? He's our senior listed guy who has neither been delisted or had an extension announced. So he's the one relevant for DFA guys.
Either Tomlinson or Clurey should be taken through the rookie draft IMO.

Ned Long I’d happily chop before McInnes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Scully anyone?

Tom Scully anyone?
Geez I'm quite surprised by this from Port. 20 year old KPF who had some very big wraps coming in to his draft season - 203cm KPF/Ruck is always going to take some time to develop

Pending SANFL watchers being able to give a more in depth update on how he's gone these last 2 seasons, he is absolutely one I'd be offering to come and train over the summer with an eye to sign.

So even if you are contracted for 2025 you can seek to play elsewhere?

That is what Tom Clurey is doing according to an article posted by AFL.com.au

Is there a chance any of our contracted players will seek that option?

will do post work, i had to get one due to my Ballarat heritage.

A side story, driving to a meeting (gated business park) they said they could see me, park in X spot, you are in the black audi arent you? No, Im in the panelvan behind the audi, their voice changed to one of disappointment that they were employing a wanna be bogan
A decent Sandman Van is probably worth just as much as the Audi :)

Geez I'm quite surprised by this from Port. 20 year old KPF who had some very big wraps coming in to his draft season - 203cm KPF/Ruck is always going to take some time to develop

Pending SANFL watchers being able to give a more in depth update on how he's gone these last 2 seasons, he is absolutely one I'd be offering to come and train over the summer with an eye to sign.
I know his family and have watched him a couple of times. He's borderline SANFL standard at the moment. And he's a smart pretty balanced kid whose not in the I'm going to make it or die trying category. I'd be surprised if he has an AFL career.

We can also delist Long/Dean from the rookie list and then rookie AJ to open up another spot can't we?

Feck the trade thread. I'm bored now.
What wheels do you all drive?
I suspect Scodog10 has a tonka Hilux.
How about the rest of you. Tell me
Hilux :)eek:) dual cab with a tray. Tows the tandem 8 X 5 around pretty nicely though every day

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back