List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely. A trade period like last year where we added McStay and Mitchell - the KPF and inside mid we needed and Bobby to ramp up our style for not much in trade is what we'll need to do. Sydney did it this year with Grundy, Adams and a KPF to top off their list. It can be done.
We can almost guarantee this is the way we will go again, whether out of necessity or not. We still have the nucleolus of a very good side.

We can almost guarantee this is the way we will go again, whether out of necessity or not. We still have the nucleolus of a very good side.
I agree and McStay gets better and better the longer he's injured. I'm convinced that he'll have a Tony Lockett style impact when he returns.

How much currency do you think they have?

Look at previous trades for players who perform well in the state leagues.

Lipinski probably a good recent option that’s similar to Macrae. Cost a third. He had more games under his belt but was older.

Reef, harder to find a comparison but fourth rounders are worth nothing, and he’s certainly not worth a second. Would he simply be delisted? No. The club will re-sign to him a one year contract, probably two.
You're so way off in your assessment it doesn't even deserve a response. They're not getting traded for a handful of magic beans, just deal with this fact, it's the truth.

You're so way off in your assessment it doesn't even deserve a response. They're not getting traded for a handful of magic beans, just deal with this fact, it's the truth.
I wasn’t saying that they would be traded, more estimating their market values. You are correct about magic beans. Fin has a contract for 2025 and Reef likely has one for 2025 as well.

There’s no point trading either due to low values of each. I’m a fan of both Fin and Reef.

Random trivia, I actually have a Fin Macrae guernsey so he better not leave.

We might have to get creative. Which of our rebounders do you have in mind. Would JFN get us pick 26, is it worth giving up Noble for 26. Either way, we have some serious wheeling and dealing to do
Well by the time pick 26 slides because of academy, F/S and North Melbourne, it will be closer to pick 35. And Pick 35 players are into the guess zone of the draft so not really.

I'm still long term bullish on our list just because we have Naicos. It takes clubs multiple years at the bottom to find a generational talent like him. Look how long it took North to find Sheezel with a top pick and Carlton with Walsh as finally a worthy No. 1 pick.

Thank the Lord you're not the list manager, Reef and Macrae for a third each, if you're being so generous why not make it just a third! What an absurd idea and that's why there's an exactly zero % chance of it happening.
If they asked to be traded we wouldn't get better unless they play good senior footy during the rest of the year. Can you think of a 4th year bloke playing reserves that you'd want the pies to pay a second round selection for?

Last edited:
Really strange that we subbed off Mitchell instead of Sidebottom.

We were all over Ports much vaunted midfield the week before with Mitchell a key part.
We’ve been hit and miss this week. We looked like the premiers against Port.

We looked like finalists if that against Essendon. Maybe just the nature of the day.

We were all over Ports much vaunted midfield the week before with Mitchell a key part.
It was just stupid match committee to think guys like Mitchell Sidey Cox WHE etc would back up after a 4 day break
A 9 day break to Carlton will suit them much better

If they asked to be traded we wouldn't get better unless they play good senior footy during the rest of the year. Can you think of a 4th year bloke playing reserves that you'd want the pies to pay a second round selection for?
We got this bloke called Bobby Hill after 4 years of being in and out of the Giants side for a second round pick, worked out quite well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve been hit and miss this week. We looked like the premiers against Port.

We looked like finalists if that against Essendon. Maybe just the nature of the day.
you might be under selling essendon. they were on and up and about. They would have beaten just about anyone on Anzac day. We did amazingly well to get the game back on our terms on several occasions. sides lift against us

Mitchell was looking dead on his feet. I don't think the short break suited him. He's the one who I think they'll need to manage the most. He was like that at the end of last year when we had the big training block.

When they said the sub I thought they'd give McCreery some midfield time. Bit disappointed they didn't give it a shot. We could have done with someone capable of tackling Stringer.

We got this bloke called Bobby Hill after 4 years of being in and out of the Giants side for a second round pick, worked out quite well.
Well there's your answer. A second rounder for someone that age gets you someone who hadnt yet starred but had become a regular before illness with freaky athleticism and skills ideal for a specific role and whom clearly had a really high ceiling in that role. Bobby Hill, Liam Henry, Hoskin Elliott levels of talent. Either that or someone more established with a lower ceiling. It gets you a fair bit more than our blokes have shown.

Last edited:
Mitchell was looking dead on his feet. I don't think the short break suited him. He's the one who I think they'll need to manage the most. He was like that at the end of last year when we had the big training block.

When they said the sub I thought they'd give McCreery some midfield time. Bit disappointed they didn't give it a shot. We could have done with someone capable of tackling Stringer.
Probably prefer to give Schultz the time given he's played there before.

Probably prefer to give Schultz the time given he's played there before.
At the end of last year both Moore and McRae talked about McCreery ax someone who had blown them away with some things he'd done in the midfield at training. I'm sure they're exaggerating, but it seemed a good time to give it a shot. We just couldn't cope with Stringer's power.

any chance we can poach Harley Reid?! Would compliment Daicos remarkably well. If I’m investing in top end talent, you get greatest return with midfielders.
West Coast might offer him well over $1m a year to retain him. I hope we've been in his ear since draft day

I'm still long term bullish on our list just because we have Naicos. It takes clubs multiple years at the bottom to find a generational talent like him. Look how long it took North to find Sheezel with a top pick and Carlton with Walsh as finally a worthy No. 1 pick.

Funny you say that because Weitering was clearly a worthy #1 for mine. But so is Curnow and he didn’t even go #1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back