List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS have the best group of small forwards in league. Bobby would be struggling for a game up there
We were lucky to get him, lots of sliding door moments but I’m so happy he landed with us a big part of putting the puzzle together last year.

We have seen his best is pretty special, GWS would love to have him. IMHO.

Really strange that we subbed off Mitchell instead of Sidebottom.

We were all over Ports much vaunted midfield the week before with Mitchell a key part.
I thought he was having an impact on Anzac Day too. Few silly handballs but he was definitely getting his hands on it.

He was simply confirming what I previously said, the trade capital of what we’d get isn’t worth the trades.
Yeah not sure what Carl’s smoking there. Unless there’s a spike in form we aren’t getting s**t for either in a trade if they want out and their intrinsic value is significantly greater to us because of the development investment.

Yeah not sure what Carl’s smoking there. Unless there’s a spike in form we aren’t getting s**t for either in a trade if they want out and their intrinsic value is significantly greater to us because of the development investment.
Not smoking anything, if it's a weak draft and you think we'd only only get third round picks for Finn and Reef then you're just not that bright. It's a common mistake people just assuming draft picks are gold and they turn into great players, you might want to look into the strike rates overall.

We were lucky to get him, lots of sliding door moments but I’m so happy he landed with us a big part of putting the puzzle together last year.

We have seen his best is pretty special, GWS would love to have him. IMHO.
So you
GWS have the best group of small forwards in league. Bobby would be struggling for a game up there
They're OK, Daniels, Bedford, Jones, Gothard to pick from. If you think Bobby would struggle to get a game with that lot I'm afraid you're wrong and bigly.

Not smoking anything, if it's a weak draft and you think we'd only only get third round picks for Finn and Reef then you're just not that bright. It's a common mistake people just assuming draft picks are gold and they turn into great players, you might want to look into the strike rates overall.
So what's the value you place on them?

Second rounders?

First rounders?

He selected Essendon in 2021 but Dodo didn't want to pay up. So Dodo missed out.
Yep, I just had a Google, he wanted home for family reasons and selected only Essendon as his destination the stars aligned and he landed in the best place for us a year on and whilst I can’t speak for Bobby, trusting it’s the right place for him too.

Thanks Dodo for your contribution,

Mitchell was looking dead on his feet. I don't think the short break suited him. He's the one who I think they'll need to manage the most. He was like that at the end of last year when we had the big training block.

When they said the sub I thought they'd give McCreery some midfield time. Bit disappointed they didn't give it a shot. We could have done with someone capable of tackling Stringer.

Mitchell is only 30 though, it's not like he's 34 and his career is ending in the next 12 months. I wouldn't think he needs managing like Pendles or Sidey would require. Titch could play at least another 2/3 years quite capably. Unless he just had real bad general soreness on Anzac Day.

Funny you say that because Weitering was clearly a worthy #1 for mine. But so is Curnow and he didn’t even go #1.
Nah Weitering is a good player but not a #1 generational talent. Hasn't even been AA yet. Plenty of players better than him in that draft including Clayton Oliver, Curnow, McKay, Mills etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any chance we can poach Harley Reid?! Would compliment Daicos remarkably well. If I’m investing in top end talent, you get greatest return with midfielders.
he is on 3 year contract , he would cost two very low first rounders considering we have no capital , and he cant break a contract , we are a good chance ..

agreed, our strike rate in past 4 years has been about 1.8%

Yep, I just had a Google, he wanted home for family reasons and selected only Essendon as his destination the stars aligned and he landed in the best place for us a year on and whilst I can’t speak for Bobby, trusting it’s the right place for him too.

Thanks Dodo for your contribution,
Not true, it's in the Stan Show me the money documentary, he chose Collingwood then Wighty told him and his management we didn't have the resources to get the deal done, he then pivoted to Essendon and I'm sure everyone knows what Dodo is like to deal with, end of the day GWS said he's under contract and we're not dealing him.

They're worth more then your assessment, in a dud draft you think with no good players after about 25 you think they'd be just given away, zero chance, zilch.
Well my assessment is a third round.

Because second rounders are reserved for more established players who have 50 games under their belts.

And they’re clearly not firsts.

Again, actually evaluate them and back up what you’re saying. You can insist they’re worth more than a third but that’s what the market is willing to pay. That is their value.

Mitchell is only 30 though, it's not like he's 34 and his career is ending in the next 12 months. I wouldn't think he needs managing like Pendles or Sidey would require. Titch could play at least another 2/3 years quite capably. Unless he just had real bad general soreness on Anzac Day.
I think you're paying too much attention to birth dates. I think Mitchell needs to be closer to at his physical best to play his role well.i think he's nearing the end.

Have you ever monitored a trade week or just like to come on here and impose your views on people? Those two are currently decent VFL footballers and no club trades currency for state league footballers. Draft picks are definitely overrated, but so are those two and it has to be strong whatever it is judging by your barnstorming defense of a rubbish take.

For context Frampton 2022 >>>> both of those two right now. What did we give for him? Lipinski 2021 >>>>>>>> both of those two right now. What did we give for him? You’ve got NFI.

Have you ever monitored a trade week or just like to come on here and impose your views on people? Those two are currently decent VFL footballers and no club trades currency for state league footballers. Draft picks are definitely overrated, but so are those two and it has to be strong whatever it is judging by your barnstorming defense of a rubbish take.
It's also wildly inaccurate to suggest that after the top 25, it's all bust.

I'd put the number at the end of the second round which usually is around forty. Last year, it was Pick 44. Maybe the quality dropped off before, maybe it didn't.

Even if after pick 25, it was all nothing, clubs still won't be stupid enough to throw away valuable DVI picks when there are clubs that will want them for more.

They're worth more then your assessment, in a dud draft you think with no good players after about 25 you think they'd be just given away, zero chance, zil

I think you're paying too much attention to birth dates. I think Mitchell needs to be closer to at his physical best to play his role well.i think he's nearing the end.
Hawthorn didn't lose any sleep over Mitchell leaving, they saw the writing on the wall. We were very smart in getting him last year because we needed a player to play his role and he did it very well. He looks like someone who is really beaten up and must find it difficult to get up most weeks. I can't see him going on beyond this year but I can see him given some sort of coaching role at the club. He brings standards that every player should try and replicate

Hawthorn didn't lose any sleep over Mitchell leaving, they saw the writing on the wall. We were very smart in getting him last year because we needed a player to play his role and he did it very well. He looks like someone who is really beaten up and must find it difficult to get up most weeks. I can't see him going on beyond this year but I can see him given some sort of coaching role at the club. He brings standards that every player should try and replicate
I was listening to his podcast with Markov a little while back and his routine sounds insane. Mitchell will be going through this intense pre match stretching and mobility program while Markov is cracking jokes. Gut feel is Markov’s locker room presence on match day is being missed a bit as well...

I was listening to his podcast with Markov a little while back and his routine sounds insane. Mitchell will be going through this intense pre match stretching and mobility program while Markov is cracking jokes. Gut feel is Markov’s locker room presence on match day is being missed a bit as well...
When you add Pendles, we are very lucky to have 2 of the best preparers in the game, it really does help drive others, especially if they demand it

It's also wildly inaccurate to suggest that after the top 25, it's all bust.

I'd put the number at the end of the second round which usually is around forty. Last year, it was Pick 44. Maybe the quality dropped off before, maybe it didn't.

Even if after pick 25, it was all nothing, clubs still won't be stupid enough to throw away valuable DVI picks when there are clubs that will want them for more.
I’m not going to get to caught up in that because my take is beyond 15 it’s pot luck (It could even be as low as 10) and more about landing spot than ability in most cases. You have to be ******* incredible at football to even get on a list so they’ve mostly got it and just need people to believe or an opportunity to present.

What I’m not copping though is that these guys that are year 4 and still a fair way off being best 23 let alone average at the top level are worth anything from a trade perspective. They might get there, but the reality for anyone that has a remote interest in this stuff would be that regardless of the strength of the draft guys like McInnes and Macrae don’t have currency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back