List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Jakob Ryan or maybe a future second

I think that is too much.

I think we have shown over the years with Roughie, Howe, Frampton, Clement, Dunn that you can pick up quality defenders (elite in the case of Howe and Clement) for cheap. Maybe Charlie Dean is another one of those.

I would be more inclined to use a second round draft pick to help bring in a tall forward or midfielder.

Cal Twomey said with Essendon having a stacked midfield Tsatas might be gettable. He would be a perfect player to sit next to Naicos for the next 10 years. Tsatas trained with us in his draft year and I heard mumbles of trying to get Essendon's pick to take him.
Especially with Caldwell and Durham breaking out and Parish to return.

I think he’s been mostly played as a wing/HF, he’s OOC in 2026

Cal’s also a very trusted and reliable source so there’s definitely some truth to the rumour

Especially with Caldwell and Durham breaking out and Parish to return.

I think he’s been mostly played as a wing/HF
Tsatas was a poor kick through juniors but he seems to have lost full confidence in it this year. Has racked up 40 touches against us twice this year but Essendon would want a first rounder and he is not worth that

If Freo offer their second rounder for Ed Allan what say you?

I’d say no thanks. Allan has been disappointing this year but he IS still a bit of a gangly kid and i think there is a chance he will come good quickly when he fills out a bit. Worth the punt and freo pick would be around 40 which would not move the needle.

This article provides some insight into why Keane left, how we handled it, and how he (mis)handled it.

It wasnt a clean break, and I think he wanted to come back to us, but I'm not sure what happened there.

Immaturity and homesickness were key reasons for him leaving.

I'd be happy to have him back.

He owes us

I was fine with us trading our future first last year. After winning it, reasonable to think it’s 13+.
No one could foresee what has happened this year. Insane!
But even still, the decision was solid.

regardless of that, I’d def be holding next year as it is more likely to be top 8 than 13-18.
And I’m usually all for trading firsts!!
Caveat is who is available!

With the FS and Academy changes I'm betting you will need a pick in the round bid again.

I’d say no thanks. Allan has been disappointing this year but he IS still a bit of a gangly kid and i think there is a chance he will come good quickly when he fills out a bit. Worth the punt and freo pick would be around 40 which would not move the needle.
I like the idea of developing a tall winger as Ess have done with Jones.
And with Allan’s pace I think he’ll be a huge asset in that role.
But his attitude is a worry - commentators pointing out in the Frankston game he needed a better effort, when allowing the shortest player on the ground to out mark him, was telling.

No one could foresee what has happened this year.
tbf, is anyone surprised with any club’s slide down the ladder if they experience a couple key injuries, have a couple of close loses? With the top end of the comp so close, it’s seems like it happens quite easily.
There were quite a number of posters expressing their fear of trading F1 in the 2023 thread and what that may mean - from ~pg 600

No one wanted it to happen, but I don’t think a slide by us is totally unexpected - some key injuries, a list supported by older players. Imagine if Nick got injured in Rd1 - where would we be?
Giving up a top 5 pick is where.

I understand your position but I don’t think the decision was “solid” I thought it was careless and lacked foresight as to what players may be available (both in terms of trade and / or trade up) esp considering we may need a future first for McGaune

Even if pick is 13+, then how is it different from our 2023 first? So why not insist on that? Seems Freo thought our future 1st had value.

I get that I am going over old ground here again and again - but so is everyone expressing the opposite viewpoint. It’s only pick “. “ / what player could you pick with / no one could expect — IMO I don’t think these points are true.
Surely the Schultz trade could have been facilitated in some other way.

Anyway, now the club needs to focus on how to bring in high-end talent or decide if it is time for a re-set (but I’m not sure if this is possible considering our draft hand over next 2 years / Tasmania)
Hopefully we can bring in some players that blossom like Bobby and keep us in contention.

Last edited:
I like the idea of developing a tall winger as Ess have done with Jones.
And with Allan’s pace I think he’ll be a huge asset in that role.
But his attitude is a worry - commentators pointing out in the Frankston game he needed a better effort, when allowing the shortest player on the ground to out mark him, was telling.

Yeah I wish he was showing as much as that guy. From day 1 Jones has had outstanding sticky hands. Ed has yet to show any of the much hyped speed that could be his point of difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Twomey said with Essendon having a stacked midfield Tsatas might be gettable. He would be a perfect player to sit next to Naicos for the next 10 years. Tsatas trained with us in his draft year and I heard mumbles of trying to get Essendon's pick to take him.
Their board say he can’t kick. His player thread ain’t great

Their board say he can’t kick. His player thread ain’t great
If his inside game is good enough poor kicking won’t be too much of a problem IMO.

A fair few have called out those negative comments in the thread. There are also comparisons to Treloar and Shiel so if there’s any chance we can get a young inside burst mid cheaply we should take it.

If his inside game is good enough poor kicking won’t be too much of a problem IMO.

A fair few have called out those negative comments in the thread. There are also comparisons to Treloar and Shiel so if there’s any chance we can get a young inside burst mid cheaply we should take it.
I doubt essendon would want to trade him. The kid is a serious footballer who is just biding his time because their midfield is flying

Interest from the WA clubs was used to bargain. But Leon did recieve a offer not commensurate with his output and then he retired instead of staying in Melbourne another year away from family.
Not exactly correct. It was reported in the media later that Davis had notified the club during 2011 and as late as the finals that he would be returning to Perth. After the GF he reportedly backflipped and decided to play another year. The club had already allocated his $$$ elsewhere and offered significantly less. He changed his mind and went back to Perth

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reported as being a very poor kick

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jakob Ryan is not equal to a future second. Currently, he’s worth a late fifth rounder. That’s brutal, I know, but he has not shown much this season at half-back.
He hasnt had his most ideal year, been hampered off and on by injury. Hopefully next year with a full pre-season he'll be better for it.

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back