List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be honest, Reef probably doesn't deserve a game. His form in both VFL and AFL has been pretty ordinary. It's up to Reef to finally grab a game by the throat
It AFL level he has averaged over a goal a game with about 50 percent game time. I know he fails the eye test at times but statistically he is our best performing forward for game time compared to goals kicked. He was at one stage averaging over 2 goals a game for limited game time.

He plays as a tall forward and is 21 years old. He at least deserves a contract for next year. Those types take time to get going. I have a feeling that the reason why he doesn't get a chance at AFL level is because he has committed himself elsewhere and the club knows it. Hope I am wrong because I rate him. Think he will come good in the next year or 2.

Last edited:

I'd be looking at Josh Treacy, big bodied, confident and plenty of upside. 21yo 195cm 95kg. 54 games, 68 goals.
Plus, awesome nickname, Cyclone.
I’d be fascinated to know what pies fans would pay for him in a trade?

To me he’s untradeable. Arguably the most valuable player on our entire list.

I’d be fascinated to know what pies fans would pay for him in a trade?

To me he’s untradeable. Arguably the most valuable player on our entire list.
Would be like us trading a 21 year old Travis Cloke. Most valuable player on your list.

I'd be looking at Josh Treacy, big bodied, confident and plenty of upside. 21yo 195cm 95kg. 54 games, 68 goals.
Plus, awesome nickname, Cyclone.

He is a Mihocek clone just a better kick.

He is a Mihocek clone just a better kick.
I’m a big fan of Mihocek but he’s not a key forward.
He’s not big or physical enough.
Treacy crashes packs. Clunks contested marks. He’s a brute for his age.

Those players are gold and clubs sometimes spend years hunting for them. He’s our number one untradeable after the season he’s had.

"Reigning best and fairest winner Peter Wright has been locked away at Essendon until the end of 2027 after agreeing to a four-year extension with the club that gave him a chance to regenerate a career that had stalled at the Gold Coast."

Cant see him leaving
Would have been a great bargain buy at the time. Unfortunately due to our mismanagement was when we were offloading players for peanuts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it would be great if we could pull a surprise at the trade table this year and lock in someone strong, but we should keep an eye on the 2022 players coming out of contract- FA’s and non FA’s.
There could be a few that that might be worthwhile talking to now…

It was meant to be smartarsery, not snarkery - fine line.

I do like a forward to defender convert - be it a flanker or a KPF. There's been some rippers over the years - Hinkley, Mansfield, Morwood, Presti, Sicily, Silvagni, Neon Leon, Howe etc. I think lots of talented but inconsistent forwards would be ripping defenders.

Remember when Lethal got to the Lions and sent Aker and Leppa to the backline. Masterstroke.

Pendles is playing on!

Big news. Leaves only WHE and Sidebottom as the over 30s uncontracted. (who want to play on)
Looks like we are running with much the same core on the list next year unless they get really funky with trades.
Probably just promote some rookies and try their luck with a 3rd rounder as additions.
I guess guys like Macrae and McInnes will want trades but it will be a negligible return. In fact if you trade them for picks and maybe delist a fringe player (say Beeg) they might be the only list changes.
Will be interesting to see how the year finishes and the approach taken.

Was a very interesting debate on selection and recruitment happening last week.
Think of being a actor singer AFL footballer etc
You need 2 things to succeed. An understanding of the systems and process (especially in a team) and the skills to pull it off.
Now most people don't have both. Most simply don't have the skills.
AFL players clearly do but what do clubs prioritise?
Players who.understand footy high iq and teach skill. As in a coach will want players to fit their system.Or get high skill and teach the systems.
Collingwood appear under fly to have a very system orientated approach hence a lot of rookies given a shot and the draft picks we do take not prioritised. While a Lions say went talent and taught a system under Fagan.
It's interesting what is prioritised by different clubs and even industry.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back