List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a very interesting debate on selection and recruitment happening last week.
Think of being a actor singer AFL footballer etc
You need 2 things to succeed. An understanding of the systems and process (especially in a team) and the skills to pull it off.
Now most people don't have both. Most simply don't have the skills.
AFL players clearly do but what do clubs prioritise?
Players who.understand footy high iq and teach skill. As in a coach will want players to fit their system.Or get high skill and teach the systems.
Collingwood appear under fly to have a very system orientated approach hence a lot of rookies given a shot and the draft picks we do take not prioritised. While a Lions say went talent and taught a system under Fagan.
It's interesting what is prioritised by different clubs and even industry.

I think last year our footy IQ, system and better training was really what won us the flag.
If that continues to be our point of difference, it makes sense that we value guys who have IQ and are extremely coachable on our list
When I watch other teams its amazing how many times I see them do dumb stuff that we rarely do ( dump kicks, keep the ball in play at the wrong time, play the middle when its not on, etc)

Cooper Sharman is OOC, could be a handy replacement for checkers and would come cheap
Interesting. I saw his game on the weekend and was very impressed, although Ben McKay definitely fleeced Essendon of cash. St Kilda is into Richards aren’t they? I don’t really wanna lose him, but wouldn’t be a bad swap if that situation occurs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back