List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry L24 but I don’t see
- Reef is completely diff Jamie. Hopefully (maybe, hopefully!) he can take the Checkers role
We really have had a number of opportunities to draft a Checkers replacement in last few drafts but haven’t pulled the trigger - it’s a shame if we have to use more draft collateral to grab a player that should already be on the list
- Sidey / Richards
Apart from being the same size
I think Joe could be a fantastic small forward for us but I can’t see Sidey comparison

IMO, We need another elite young mid (Callahan type or a runner like Rozee) to complement Nick / replace (to a degree) Pendles
Another FA mid as well!
I think the Reef - Elliott comparison comes from Reef being a good lead up forward with his pace off the mark.

Elliott to be replaced by Reef (I have faith)
Howe - Jiath
Sidey - Richards
Pendles - irreplaceable, and it appears we need to look beyond Macrae who has served his apprenticeship and come up short

So that leaves for me two main areas of need, a prime midfielder, and an elite key forward (to replace Checkers)

Free agents looking a bit barren, and draft picks can take time, something we can’t really afford to do while we have N Daicos running the show. Suspect we might have to trade hard and throw some fat contracts at players

We already have the Pendles replacement....thanks goodness they got to play a few seasons together!

Only one problem with this post, none of those three play Zuhaar's position so he wouldn't be a replacement

Zurhaar would be a suitable replacement for Elliott. Elliott is essentially a small full forward option who can play taller due to his marking ability.

Zurhaar at 189cm is bigger and stronger and your classic old fashioned full forward size. I feel he has traits similar to De Goey in that role.

Regardless, in lieu of being able to trade for or draft high end KP talent the next best option is to have a plethora of talented small and medium forward targets at your disposal.

Way way past 30
Currently injured
Not a good personality fit
Not a comparable cox replacement because he’s not a ruck
Not likely at age 35 to be better than mihocek or mcstay
Club is better off cashing in on development of Kreuger and mcinnes
Better off targeting talls via draft and free agency
We already have a long list of players likely to retire at the end of 2025 so to add to that would be unhelpful to list management.
Hideously ugly moustache
Racist.
Yeah, but what else other than that?

Sorry L24 but I don’t see
- Reef is completely diff Jamie. Hopefully (maybe, hopefully!) he can take the Checkers role
We really have had a number of opportunities to draft a Checkers replacement in last few drafts but haven’t pulled the trigger - it’s a shame if we have to use more draft collateral to grab a player that should already be on the list
- Sidey / Richards
Apart from being the same size
I think Joe could be a fantastic small forward for us but I can’t see Sidey comparison

IMO, We need another elite young mid (Callahan type or a runner like Rozee) to complement Nick / replace (to a degree) Pendles
Another FA mid as well!

I'm with L24 in that to me Reef's best chance is in more of Elliott role. I just don't see him becoming an effective workhorse in packs for a KPF role like Checkers plays. Whereas a lead up target with an allround game like Elliott seems more attainable.

I'm with L24 in that to me Reef's best chance is in more of Elliott role. I just don't see him becoming an effective workhorse in packs for a KPF role like Checkers plays. Whereas a lead up target with an allround game like Elliott seems more attainable.
I don’t disagree but I also don’t see him becoming an effective workhorse at level that Elliott is either.

I don’t disagree but I also don’t see him becoming an effective workhorse at level that Elliott is either.

Yeah. I meant role rather than the level of those 2. I don't think he'll make it as a senior regular if his primary role is to compete in the air against kpd. I think he's a chance if he's gets to pick and choose more when he flies and when he stays down.

Way way past 30
Currently injured
Not a good personality fit
Not a comparable cox replacement because he’s not a ruck
Not likely at age 35 to be better than mihocek or mcstay
Club is better off cashing in on development of Kreuger and mcinnes
Better off targeting talls via draft and free agency
We already have a long list of players likely to retire at the end of 2025 so to add to that would be unhelpful to list management.
Hideously ugly moustache
Racist.

Ten out of ten.

Don't need him to first ruck. Just chop out Cameron and present up the ground like he already does better than Mason.
Still kicks solid number of goals despite dire delivery from his mids
Is an extreme professional and will put forth everything he has to get a flag in one year with us.
Provides important depth in positions of need.
Would be an extreme risk to put our eggs in the Kreuger basket given his history, and McInnes is ordinary
We can't draft talls and should not bother unless we have a top 10 pick which we don't.
You think it’s a good idea to have a 192cm 35 year old chop out in the ruck…?

Drugs are bad, kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s on the level of when we picked up Quinten Lynch. But at least he had some proven form in ruck.
Lynch was fine as a free hit. 196cm and as you said, previous ruck experience.

Suggesting that a 35 year old Tex be used to chop out in place of Cox is just bonkers.

He’s 34 and has chopped out this year and for much of his career
And how old will he be next year? You know, the year we’re actually discussing.

No he hasn’t. He’s chopped out extremely infrequently for the last 4-5 years of his career. His career best tally for hitouts is 55, or roughly 2 a game. A 35 year old undersized forward/ruck who can’t actually win any significant amount of hitouts is not a good acquisition, particularly given that to lure him from Adelaide you’d have to give him at least a 2 year contract.

He turns 35 in April. Why would we want to bring an even older guy than those we'd be needing to replace?

And one which has a racist history..just when we've done so much work in that area?
If he can chop out ruck at 34, it’s not absurd to suggest he can do it at 35

Racist history whereby it was one incident three years ago and he paid the price? Big deal

He turns 35 in April. Why would we want to bring an even older guy than those we'd be needing to replace?

And one which has a racist history..just when we've done so much work in that area?
Certainly would not fit the Do Better ethos that's been put in place pretty successfully in the last little while.

And how old will he be next year? You know, the year we’re actually discussing.

No he hasn’t. He’s chopped out extremely infrequently for the last 4-5 years of his career. His career best tally for hitouts is 55, or roughly 2 a game. A 35 year old undersized forward/ruck who can’t actually win any significant amount of hitouts is not a good acquisition, particularly given that to lure him from Adelaide you’d have to give him at least a 2 year contract.
That’s not true. If Adelaide don’t offer a deal and he wants to play on, he will sign for one year.

Any two of Tex/McStay/Kreuger helping out Cameron is good enough as they add more to the rest of what is required as a second ruck than what Cox does

Racist history whereby it was one incident three years ago and he paid the price? Big deal
Tex isn't a racist. Hes more of a dumb, ignorant boofhead at times. Still shits over blokes like May when it comes to likeability though

Our club history with racism went back a lot longer than 3 years ago & the scars are still healing.

Is he no longer a racist? Not sure what difference time makes in relation to what he said.

We have plenty of other players who can 'chop' out in the ruck if that's all he's offering.

That’s not true. If Adelaide don’t offer a deal and he wants to play on, he will sign for one year.

Any two of Tex/McStay/Kreuger helping out Cameron is good enough as they add more to the rest of what is required as a second ruck than what Cox does
This is wishful thinking on your part. No player is going to upend their life and family and move interstate for a one year deal. If he’s going to do all that it will be for a two year deal minimum, otherwise he’d be better off staying a one club player and moving in to a media role in Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back