List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

We all knew we’d be bottoming out in the near future with our retirements. There’s no avoiding it. Was hoping we’d snag another flag before then but doesn’t look likely (unless a miracle happens this year). Can’t get your Daisys, Pendles, Beams, Sidey, Reid, Nicks, De Goeys and Browns without high draft picks. I just hope we us in the 5-8th range without being a real threat.
Listen, if anyone wants to be a cheese eating surrender monkey that's your problem. What I find remarkable is that after delivering a premiership only last year some people think the club doesn't have a plan. We won't be 'bottoming out' and will be back at the pointy end next year and still have this year to go, that's what will happen so deal with it. Kept hearing the same shyte when Fly took over and that proved to be wrong aswell.

But it was forgotten when Grundy was winning AA’s that’s my point.
In other words people thought the preference for Grundy was sound and he was a far superior Ruckman.
It wasn’t forgotten though. The outcome of the Witts trade was still brought up when Grundy was winning AAs.

Especially when Shai Bolton broke out as we missed out on him because of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen, if anyone wants to be a cheese eating surrender monkey that's your problem. What I find remarkable is that after delivering a premiership only last year some people think the club doesn't have a plan. We won't be 'bottoming out' and will be back at the pointy end next year and still have this year to go, that's what will happen so deal with it. Kept hearing the same shyte when Fly took over and that proved to be wrong aswell.
How do you think we ended up with our premiership lists? By bottoming out and picking our core players with top picks. It’s delusional to think you’d win a premiership without spending time at the bottom. You don’t get to pick up the Pendles, Dale Thomas, Nick Daicos, De Goey, Sidebottom, Beams etc by finishing 9th every season.

Im in my 60s. My first key forward I remember is Peter Mckenna, a gun full forward who got fed brilliantly by Barry Price and the Richardsons. Next was one amazing season from Phil Carman. We have had the Rocca brothers, Travis Cloke for two key seasons and Mihocek as solid good forwards. Sorry if I missed someone here.

I have never seen a superstar forward at Collingwood. We tried for Reiwoldt, Brown, Cameron and Lynch with no luck. We have burned first round draft picks for flankers and small mids. Last night Fly said Cameron cost three first round draft picks like that was a reach. Yes that's right. We blow two on good solid players.

Every CPF we recruit is a fail. I remember Billy Morrison spin as the next Jonothan Brown. I don't listen to player comparisons anymore.

Im talking 50 years of no superstar game turning forward. Apparently its not a need for us ever.

I'll admit they are hard to come by but our best recent pick Mihocek was a back man from Port Melbourne yet we didn't believe we could change Naughton from a backman.

Most talls we have picked Hyne calls project players.

Its bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Im in my 60s. My first key forward I remember is Peter Mckenna, a gun full forward who got fed brilliantly by Barry Price and the Richardsons. Next was one amazing season from Phil Carman. We have had the Rocca brothers, Travis Cloke for two key seasons and Mihocek as solid good forwards. Sorry if I missed someone here.

I have never seen a superstar forward at Collingwood. We tried for Reiwoldt, Brown, Cameron and Lynch with no luck. We have burned first round draft picks for flankers and small mids. Last night Fly said Cameron cost three first round draft picks like that was a reach. Yes that's right. We blow two on good solid players.

Every CPF we recruit is a fail. I remember Billy Morrison spin as the next Jonothan Brown. I don't listen to player comparisons anymore.

Im talking 50 years of no superstar game turning forward. Apparently its not a need for us ever.

I'll admit they are hard to come by but our best recent pick Mihocek was a back man from Port Melbourne yet we didn't believe we could change Naughton from a backman.

Its bizarre.

Brian Taylor was very good for a few years but other than that, you're spot on

Its bizarre.

BT kicked 100 for us. They are hard to find.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its bizarre.

In that time we knocked back Quinlan and Plugger also

Its bizarre.

I would have loved Jeremy Cameron at Collingwood.

Then again, if Checkers and McStay were playing yesterday we'd have won.

Similarly if Cameron was out injured, Geelong would have lost. Swings and roundabouts.

EDIT: When on song Trav Cloke & Anthony Rocca were all the KPF a club would want. Both were magnificent at their peak.

How do you think we ended up with our premiership lists? By bottoming out and picking our core players with top picks. It’s delusional to think you’d win a premiership without spending time at the bottom. You don’t get to pick up the Pendles, Dale Thomas, Nick Daicos, De Goey, Sidebottom, Beams etc by finishing 9th every season.

Nick Daicos was a points pick, so we definitely could have still had him if we finished 9th or higher...
Sidebottom was pick 11 - we finished higher than 9th for that pick...
Beams was pick 29 in the same draft....
De Goey we got for a pick we used in a trade....

If the link to barrass doesn’t come to fruition

Aaron Francis is out of contract… not getting a weekly game.

Would be a cheap pick up if he wanted to come back to Melbourne

I still think we need another experienced tall down back.

Frampton can then return to being a second ruck if needed

Howe has recently said he hopes to go on but he’s one nasty injury from retirement

Dean fairly average imo

TJ too young and lean.

Eyre they seem to be wanting to play forward

Ryan more of a rebounder than interceptor

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back