List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if it is in 12 months time that is still current.

We need to be very active this off season and not wait until next years off season.
we'll likely go for a key back.
Other than that.. i'm not convinced we'll bring in more than 1-2 a most. We want to try get back into the first round of the draft somehow.. maybe thats where using future picks comes in, (not next years 1st obviously, we'll need that)

I think this years trade period might be a quiet one overall.

Loki has been on that bandwagon since 2013.

17th in 2021 if not for Bidding would of been N.Daicos pick 2.
Pretty sure you aren't doing shit in terms of rebuilding without hitting the top of the draft.

The original core of the 2010 team hanging on past most players expiration date, aswell as the Beams original trade bringing in Degoey (pick 5) and Crisp, along with multiple Father sons (pick 8 and 4) is the only reason we have been able to avoid it over consecutive seasons to date.

Agree - but he’s a completely different player today than pre concussion.
It’s been a very unfortunate decline.
Disagree, he's always been the same not up to it player. When has he ever taken more than 2 intercept marks in a game, or provided drive or won his one on one's? Does that game even exist?

Good evening all.

Fascinated as always to read the speculations and prognostications of those on Big Footy.
I would offer the following as my recruiting/trade suggestions:

Josh Battle- at the right price- this 26 year old would be fantastic- has many similar attributes to Nathan Murphy but can also go forward.

Isaac Cumming- would be an upgrade on both Noble and Markov- is an excellent user by foot and is quick.

CJ Jiath- would love to see him as a quick, mobile and athletic (185cm) half back flanker/ winger

Mason Wood- will turn 31 in September but at 192cm and with elite kicking skills would be a great get at minimal cost.

Taylor Walker- left-field, but would be great in our forward mix and could job-share with Mihocek and Cox. The guy does not have to play every game, but he would enable our coaching team to rest the likes of Cox and Mihocek to prolong their careers...

Off our List for 2025-

Murphy and Carmichael (Concussion related),
Sidebottom and Howe (I believe that both will hang them up at season's end)
Jack Bytel and Begg (I would delist both- Bytel has poor disposal and Begg has not developed as expected/hoped for).
????? Ash Johnson and Fin Macrae--- if neither play in these last six rounds, their cards may be 'marked'

Assuming we acquire three of my recruiting suggestions, we would have 5 live National Draft selections.

Could use three of these and retain one for Supplementary Selection Period and one for the mid-season draft of 2025.

Would certainly bundle up our current second round pick with the 2026 second Rounder to slide up into the first 20 picks in the draft of 2024.

Floreat Pica.

Good evening all.

Fascinated as always to read the speculations and prognostications of those on Big Footy.

Josh Battle- at the right price- this 26 year old would be fantastic- has many similar attributes to Nathan Murphy but can also go forward.

Isaac Cumming- would be an upgrade on both Noble and Markov- is an excellent user by foot and is quick.

CJ Jiath- would love to see him as a quick, mobile and athletic (185cm) half back flanker/ winger

Mason Wood- will turn 31 in September but at 192cm and with elite kicking skills would be a great get at minimal cost.

Taylor Walker- left-field, but would be great in our forward mix and could job-share with Mihocek and Cox. The guy does not have to play every game, but he would enable our coaching team to rest the likes of Cox and Mihocek to prolong their careers...

Off our List for 2025-

Jack Bytel and Begg (I would delist both- Bytel has poor disposal and Begg has not developed as expected/hoped for).
????? Ash Johnson and Fin Macrae--- if neither play in these last six rounds, their cards may be 'marked'

Assuming we acquire three of my recruiting suggestions, we would have 5 live National Draft selections.

Could use three of these and retain one for Supplementary Selection Period and one for the mid-season draft of 2025.

Would certainly bundle up our current second round pick with the 2026 second Rounder to slide up into the first 20 picks in the draft of 2024.

Floreat Pica.
I'll give you an update on some of the above.

HAWKS WINNING FREE AGENCY BATTLE

Hawthorn is increasingly confident Josh Battle wants to join the Hawks to become part of their premiership charge after an extremely promising meeting with coach Sam Mitchell.

St Kilda and Hawthorn will both offer the free agent six-year deals. But while Battle has said he will postpone talks until the end of the year, the Hawks emerged from their meeting believing he had given them an indication he was keen to move clubs.

Their sell is multifaceted – the new Dingley headquarters set to be ready next year; the flag window beckoning; and the happy team environment. Mitchell continues to woo potential recruits with his impressive pitch and it seems a winning combination.

So while things can change – St Kilda can up its offer or Battle can get cold feet – the Hawks will be brimming with confidence as the free agency period nears.

The improved form of the club has helped them sign-up Josh Weddle, Jack Scrimshaw and free agent Blake Hardwick.

The club is also in talks with Conor Nash and is confident once Changkuoth Jiath builds up some form he will enter contract talks for a new deal.

Gold Coast is a suitor for Giants free agent Isaac Cumming, but GWS is hopeful he might decide to stay after working his way back from injuries. Cumming has played the last three games on the wing, kicking three goals and averaging four score assists.

I suggest you go to the Jakob Ryan thread and read the positivity about him before his debut game.
I suggest you watch his lead up VFL games, there was no form and it was pointed out at the time that he would struggle and he did. Show me the great game he played that got him his chance.

This is my weekly "get Nick Haynes" post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m more than happy with my view and that of many others before his debut.
That you were wrong, Ryan was picked with no form and struggled mightily before k'od, fine, be happy with that. Based on what he's produced in 2024 he's a delist candidate.

The decisions our veterans make at the end of the season (or the decisions made for them) must surely factor somewhat into our trading moves this off season. In particular our future 1st round selection.

If we are open to once again using a future 1st round selection in any trade and it eventuates then I can see a much stronger case for the likes of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Howe etc. all going around again.

If we finish the trade period/draft night retaining our future 1st then the potential retirements of players and the subsequent possible fall down the ladder due to loss of experience and depth at least has a side benefit of a useful draft selection.

If we auctioned our 2025 and 2026 second round selections as a package in the 2024 trade period, what sort of offers could we expect in return for 2024 selection(s)

Issac cumming, alex davis both cost us no draft capital good players that are not getting games hope they go for both

Good evening all.

Off our List for 2025-

Floreat Pica.
In regards to Murphy and Carmichael we have already replaced them in numbers with our 2 mid season picks. I would think they would get another year on the rookie list.

I’m not against Taylor Walker. He would cost absolutely nothing and he doesn’t stifle the development of anyone currently in the twos unless we have an emerging tall Im not aware of. He fills a spot we are lacking for a season while we still have Pendles, Sidebottom and Howe good enough to play roles.
We don’t actually have to play him.
I fear that once our older guys go we don’t have anyone replacing them which means it might be a tough few years

You wouldn't recruit him to play a defensive role. It'd be for the Nick Daicos back of the pack role. We're missing a good ball user doing that job for us. There are obviously better options - but not necessarily gettable better options. We'll still be in flag mode next year - he'll be bargain basement and would probably improve us.
Josh Daicos has played that role successfully in the juniors and generally has good disposal off both sides of his body. WHE and Sidebottom can play wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back