List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be some players
They took Allan under McRae. Both very similar in terms of physical size and pace. Can't see any reason they wouldn't have also taken McInnes.

I am sure I posted this somewhere ages ago - one of the dads that I know, his son played with Wardlaw and against Sheezel if I remember correctly.

He watched one carnival - maybe at 16s level? And he likened Allan to Patrick Cripps. Reckoned he would be a gun. I think the older carnival Allan was injured?

Allan is meant to have a good tank??

So yeah I don't view them as similar. I see Allan as much more likely to become a midfielder. And people may doubt that from what we have seen but let's wait and see.

I'd like to revisit obtaining Ollie Wines. After Tay's exit and successful transition into a Sydney side brimming with midfielders I'd like to think that we could offer Wines more midfield time than he's currently getting at Port.
He's tough, big and would compliment our younger outside runners (both Daicos's, McGuane, Allan etc....) if we could give him 4 years.

"But we're not there yet ... respectfully, we want to honour our greats and those two in particular, they live in that bracket.

"Funnily enough when it's a premiership list it's bulletproof, and then when it's not, it's got holes everywhere in it.

"But we're going to have a bit more of a futuristic look at that ... I'll leave that to others to make all those finite details.

"We'll be collective on making sure we get the right direction for this footy club."

To translate:

We'll let Steele and Pendles enjoy the next few games because they've earned it.

We'll make a call on them at the end of the year with our focus firmly on the best interests of the club.

Keep in mind that Fly's arse is getting roasted by the media (and some fans) yet he will come across as respectful and well-considered.

I'd like to revisit obtaining Ollie Wines. After Tay's exit and successful transition into a Sydney side brimming with midfielders I'd like to think that we could offer Wines more midfield time than he's currently getting at Port.
He's tough, big and would compliment our younger outside runners (both Daicos's, McGuane, Allan etc....) if we could give him 4 years.

Yeah last night against Carlton he was like the Ollie wines of old. We are definitely lacking in the inside grunt dept without Mitchell, Adams etc.

"But we're not there yet ... respectfully, we want to honour our greats and those two in particular, they live in that bracket.

"Funnily enough when it's a premiership list it's bulletproof, and then when it's not, it's got holes everywhere in it.

"But we're going to have a bit more of a futuristic look at that ... I'll leave that to others to make all those finite details.

"We'll be collective on making sure we get the right direction for this footy club."

To translate:

We'll let Steele and Pendles enjoy the next few games because they've earned it.

We'll make a call on them at the end of the year with our focus firmly on the best interests of the club.

Keep in mind that Fly's arse is getting roasted by the media (and some fans) yet he will come across as respectful and well-considered.
Who’d want to be a coach..

To translate:

if we had youngsters coming through to replace them, and we dont think we can contend next year, then by all means it could be time
but we really dont have anyone young coming through and we have poor depth, there is no point going into freefall like north did.
much better to have a managed hand over and use them strategically for a final year

Personally Berry just doesn’t find enough footy IMO to be worth chasing as a midfield option.

May as well play DeMattia in there.

For mine it’s chase Brodie, Khamis or Jiath and Garcia through trades. And try to pick up Zurharr and Cumming though FA.
What is it with Wil Brodie, we have Bytel and Long and adding Brodie! Ffs, not good enough!! Vanilla upon vanilla with more vanilla.

if we had youngsters coming through to replace them, and we dont think we can contend next year, then by all means it could be time
but we really dont have anyone young coming through and we have poor depth, there is no point going into freefall like north did.
much better to have a managed hand over and use them strategically for a final year
Sidey's position is replaceable as we have multiple players that can play on the wing or half back.

Sidey's position is replaceable as we have multiple players that can play on the wing or half back.
We talk a lot on here about all these half backs we have and recruit, meanwhile we've had no injuries to the area, Markov and Noble are pretty ordinary and we've only got blokes who aren't ready and probably will never be ready as depth behind them. It's probably our weakest area. And it's showing with our inability to transition.

could be. so who would you keep from the older brigade?
Prob pendles for 1 more year
Howe has the trigger, so one more for him
Ideally sidey should be the first to go, we gotta start the transition, otherwise come 2025 we will have so many to retire at once

Elliott, mitchell, Cox, mihocek all ending their contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We talk a lot on here about all these half backs we have and recruit, meanwhile we've had no injuries to the area, Markov and Noble are pretty ordinary and we've only got blokes who aren't ready and probably will never be ready as depth behind them. It's probably our weakest area. And it's showing with our inability to transition.
We’ve got a good one but we need him in the midfield 😞

I have a feeling jamie will call time a bit earlier than we might hope

On the other hand I hope we keep Cox on the list for another five years. I cant see why his game would drop off any time soon

I always wanted to see sidey finish his career with an easy run in the fwd line. I think he could do that at the level for a while. The problem is we have guys in the fwd line who should be graduating into the midfield but arent up to it

anyway, id prefer to see the transition while these guys are still on the list for depth, rather than delisting them and being caught short

Happy that there’s no intel leaking from the club at this point as to possible targets
Really hope the club has some interesting names in mind as the names we’re floating on here kind of scare me about the state of our list if they’re being mentioned
Just hoping we either bring in or draft young talent (somehow)

Prob pendles for 1 more year
Howe has the trigger, so one more for him
Ideally sidey should be the first to go, we gotta start the transition, otherwise come 2025 we will have so many to retire at once

Elliott, mitchell, Cox, mihocek all ending their contracts.
I would give WHE 2 more years

Problem is our older guys are often our best players. Steele and Pendles have had a couple dud games this year but they have games where they are still in our top 5.

We don’t win the GF without Pendles and Howe’s 4th qtr.

With Howe’s injury run the last couple years you’d think it’s him and Steele to finish this year. They should make that call now so they can have the send off game they deserve.

Pendles, Mitchell and Cox to go the end of 2025.

Personally Berry just doesn’t find enough footy IMO to be worth chasing as a midfield option.

May as well play DeMattia in there.

For mine it’s chase Brodie, Khamis or Jiath and Garcia through trades. And try to pick up Zurharr and Cumming though FA.
To be fair to Berry he has been played a lot as a defensive mid (tackling beast & HF). That could be because as you rightly point out he doesn't get enough of it. However our mids offer nothing defensively.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some big decisions ahead.

Who is the person in charge? Who is the decision maker?

Sam Mitchell on SEN was fascinating. He talked about their strategy meetings and how they revisit it etc It sounded like they spent a hell of a long time putting together their long term vision. It's not surprising they are doing well.

If they all wanted to go around again then they would let them but on the knowledge that there are no guarantees. In a finals game I will trust Pendles, Howe and Steele over most of our list.

Max Gruzewski has 3 goals in a half hopefully a future 2nd could get it done, perfect Mihocek replacement.

Edit: 5.1 goals for the whole game

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back