List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be honest, Reef probably doesn't deserve a game. His form in both VFL and AFL has been pretty ordinary. It's up to Reef to finally grab a game by the throat
100%

In 6 VFL games, he's kicked 4 goals - goalless in 4 of them, going at 12 possessions a game with a highest of 18.

Rather than being hard done by, he's been lucky to get the AFL chances he has had this year.

He's got some great tools, but he doesn't get the footy - get him to defence to see if he's better with the game ahead of him.

Jakob Ryan is a strong chance to be delisted, Johnson should be the first one cut.

Macrae, wait and see if he performs in the last few games.
That’s not what I asked.
What would you have done when their contracts were up?

You said it was poor list management.

What would you have done differently?

That’s not what I asked.

Ryan and Macrae's contracts weren't up. Those two were premature re-signings. In retrospect, I doubt the club would be stoked to have down either, but every club has some contracts that they'd prefer to lose - it's the nature of betting on the future.

That’s not what I asked.

As 36 said, I also would only be giving Ash Johnson 1 year contracts considering his age and incredibly inconsistent performances.

As 36 said, I also would only be giving Ash Johnson 1 year contracts considering his age and incredibly inconsistent performances.
It’s not as though he’s locked into a long term mega deal. I can live with him getting one more year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone remind me why we chose Carmichael and Begg in preference to Stengle. He looks ok
He's awesome, but de didn't choose Carmishael or begg over him. There was talk that he was going to be eligible, Stengle wasn't eligible in the midseason draft as he was still on Adelaide's list. Geelong signed Betts as an assistant coach, Stengle was always going to follow Eddie and Cats signed him as a DFA.

Are you still rueing the Moore to defence experiment?

I was having a joke how you want to send everyone into defence, don't get upset.

As for Moore arguments can be made either way with where he was best developed although as Forward we won't ever know how that would of looked.

Imo it is easier to find a quality CHB that plays within the team defnce then FF/CHF.

It was meant to be smartarsery, not snarkery - fine line.

I do like a forward to defender convert - be it a flanker or a KPF. There's been some rippers over the years - Hinkley, Mansfield, Morwood, Presti, Sicily, Silvagni, Neon Leon, Howe etc. I think lots of talented but inconsistent forwards would be ripping defenders.
Assumption College always played their best footballers in the forward line full stop.

We recruited Peter McCormack from Assumption and moved him to full back after a year or two

It was meant to be smartarsery, not snarkery - fine line.

I do like a forward to defender convert - be it a flanker or a KPF. There's been some rippers over the years - Hinkley, Mansfield, Morwood, Presti, Sicily, Silvagni, Neon Leon, Howe etc. I think lots of talented but inconsistent forwards would be ripping defenders.
Geez we've had a few over the years

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can we resuscitate Peter Wright's career?
"Reigning best and fairest winner Peter Wright has been locked away at Essendon until the end of 2027 after agreeing to a four-year extension with the club that gave him a chance to regenerate a career that had stalled at the Gold Coast."

Cant see him leaving

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back