List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lukosius is on big money, he might be worth prying out on the cheap. It's simply inevitable that more players will fall out of the Suns as the side gets older - they won't be prioritising their third most valuable tall forward.

When I say cheap, I mean I think he might be gettable for a second if his entire contract is taken up.

I'm not convinced we can play a three tall forward line without one being able to ruck, however. We simply can't expect it of McStay nor Mihocek, and we couldn't play three talls + Cameron and Cox. So the question begs - would what we lose by playing Luko instead of Maso as second ruck be negligible with what we gain around the ground?
Or can Checkers be Nathan Murphy?

Interesting that Lukosius has been dropped.
He's a huge talent - maybe he's already out the door?
Hardwick's comments after their loss to WC suggests there will be changes.
I'd have him in a heartbeat.
May never reach his best but could be a real prospect if we can work out why he hasn’t made the next step and get it resolved.

Last edited:

Sure he will be better but he's not the athlete Howe is. That's the issue. He can't cover off. He doesn't have the wheels.
Howe is unique. It will be a long time before we see another similar player.
Dean’s only problem, IMO, is that he hesitates. Once he has a couple of break-out moments in the AFL, he will be up and away. Dean has potential.

If Reef could play half back that'd be great but it's a guess. I wonder what Buku will get paid? Probably overs.

Given our lack of picks we need to get creative and look for impact and value.
Can’t see why he couldn’t, it’s the easiest position in the ground.

I’d prefer to see him playing his preferred role in the midfield.

Looking at this weeks omissions

Fiorini should be easy and cheap to acquire as he almost made it to the club previously. Can play inside or outside… an upgrade on some of our rookies…so worth securing imo. I’d be disappointed if he wasn’t in Collingwood colours next year

Aaron Francis is the other one. OOC this year… 27 years old… would be cheap, experienced ready made mid sized defender… lacking a bit of depth in that department with TJ very young, Ryan ?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather back these 2 in than a 32 year old Haynes who was finished 3 years ago
Our list needs to get younger and not older

you don't like winning games?

he's had some issues this season but when fit he's a good player.

round 10 he had 25 possessions and 12 marks against the dogs.

2023 season he played 20 games and averaged 16 and 6 marks. His best game last year was 29 disposals and 12 marks.

so no, not finished 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Aaron Francis is the other one. OOC this year… 27 years old… would be cheap, experienced ready made mid sized defender… lacking a bit of depth in that department with TJ very young, Ryan ?

Francis has the size and speed to be a decent player but Sydney are desperate for key backs and Francis can't get a game. that's a worry.

you don't like winning games?

he's had some issues this season but when fit he's a good player.

round 10 he had 25 possessions and 12 marks against the dogs.

2023 season he played 20 games and averaged 16 and 6 marks. His best game last year was 29 disposals and 12 marks.

so no, not finished 3 years ago.
He's smashing it in the ressies going by stats. I think there will be a fair bit of demand. KPD is so important and he'd be a likely upgrade for lots of teams.

I’d prefer to bringing in picks
A lot of the names mentioned
  • fill me w a sense of dread if that’s all we can get
  • some will be well over priced for their ability and our need (both in terms of $ and trade / picks)

I’d prefer to bringing in picks
A lot of the names mentioned
  • fill me w a sense of dread if that’s all we can get
  • some will be well over priced for their ability and our need (both in terms of $ and trade / picks)
My money is on us trading our future first for about pick 20 and a future second for McGuane points. Sounds awful, but by the sounds of it this year's pick 20 will be rated higher than most year's pick 20s and we are likely to need to trade that first next year due to McGuane.

Other than that, we might try to move a couple of fringe players who might have a bit of value like Reef and Richards and turn them into similarly valued players who are higher need for us.

Last edited:
He's smashing it in the ressies going by stats. I think there will be a fair bit of demand. KPD is so important and he'd be a likely upgrade for lots of teams.

neafl is a crap comp but he had plenty of it last weekend.

contenders like carlton, geelong or the dogs and then maybe essendon. even north looking for an older guy could throw cash at him.

he'll definitely have a market.

neafl is a crap comp but he had plenty of it last weekend.

contenders like carlton, geelong or the dogs and then maybe essendon. even north looking for an older guy could throw cash at him.

he'll definitely have a market.

Don't they play VFL?

My money is on us trading our future first for about pick 20 and a future second. Sounds awful, but by the sounds of it this year's pick 20 will be rated higher than most year's pick 20s and we are likely to need to trade that first next year due to McGuane.

Other than that, we might try to move a couple of fringe players who might have a bit of value like Reef and Richards and turn them into similarly valued players who are higher need for us.
Fringe - In: Rumours of Keane and Berry from Adelaide
Fringe - Out: Rumours of AJ to Adelaide. Richards has options and may leave due to contract status and our depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back