List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

No joke I saw Tom Lynch walk past my work near Brisbane CBD. It was weird, this was about a month a go when Richmond were playing WC in Perth and he was walking with some peoples. I know the Dimma connection but can't see Lions or GC wanting him.
The first summer he was at the Tigers, I bumped into him at a nightclub in Hobart, double parked on the Jack and Cokes. I thought it was weird he was all the way down in Tassie because his new club was in the middle of their pre-season camp at the time (ironically up at Gold Coast, where he had just left).

Me drunkenly thinking I was a comedian, I asked him if anyone ever told him he was a dead ringer for Tom Lynch from the Crows. He told me to F off.

How about:

Richards & 2025 1st Rounder to Port for Houston

2024 2nd Rounder and 2025 3rd Rounder to GWS for Peatling

2025 2nd Rounder retained for points for McGuane father-son.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I like this.
Petracca’s internal injuries were literally life threatening. The mental hurdles to come back will be huge. He probably has 4 years of elite footy left. He also has an alternate income stream via his cooking crap…. Footy ain’t so critical for him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Elliott retired
wtf GIF

Logical move even with the state of his body?
Fly spoke of needing to find another target that’s capable of hitting the scoreboard in a similar vein to Curnow and McKay and when fit Lynch does that. If doubts are raised during the physical testing we walk and this is a pick 50+ type deal which I’m accepting the risk on if he plays 10 matches over the next 3 seasons (last year of his current deal and final two years on stuff all).

Ultimately I’m weighing it against the value of the pick we need to give to get him and I don’t think there’s any chance we find a 200cm marking forward in the 3rd round of the draft and beyond. Even if we think we can this trade also wouldn’t prohibit us from doing it.

Fly spoke of needing to find another target that’s capable of hitting the scoreboard in a similar vein to Curnow and McKay and when fit Lynch does that. If doubts are raised during the physical testing we walk and this is a pick 50+ type deal which I’m accepting the risk on if he plays 10 matches over the next 3 seasons (last year of his current deal and final two years on stuff all).

Ultimately I’m weighing it against the value of the pick we need to give to get him and I don’t think there’s any chance we find a 200cm marking forward in the 3rd round of the draft and beyond. Even if we think we can this trade also wouldn’t prohibit us from doing it.
Reminds of when we picked up Sam Kekovich He injured himself in the warm up

I’d prefer Peter wright but it’s all about the cost it’ll take via trade to get them to come across.
If Lynch is available for cheap then 100% we should go for it if we're serious about having one last tilt at the flag. Still only 32 next year whereas top KPF go till 34/35.

Would be a difference maker if we can get him injury free. And downside is hedged if we can't as long as the trade cost is low.

I think you're taking fly too literally. Every week he says how good am opposition star would look in a Collingwood jumper.

With Checkers and Mcstay we're very unlikely to add a 32 year old kpf.

The first summer he was at the Tigers, I bumped into him at a nightclub in Hobart, double parked on the Jack and Cokes. I thought it was weird he was all the way down in Tassie because his new club was in the middle of their pre-season camp at the time (ironically up at Gold Coast, where he had just left).

Me drunkenly thinking I was a comedian, I asked him if anyone ever told him he was a dead ringer for Tom Lynch from the Crows. He told me to F off.
I saw Tom Lynch at a Coles in Melbourne yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Tom Lynch at a Coles in Melbourne yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
I think you’re a little lost Jasper, usually see that on the main board.

Seriously mate. That was on the Rumor Board about Harley Reid a couple of months ago. If you are going to tell a BS story make sure that you get it from another site.

I think you're taking fly too literally. Every week he says how good am opposition star would look in a Collingwood jumper.

With Checkers and Mcstay we're very unlikely to add a 32 year old kpf.
I think I took him on face value as I suggested because with Cox we should be considering alternatives as we discussed no less than a week ago re Lobb. My two cents is you aren’t taking him literally enough because it doesn’t align with your views. The reason I’m entertaining Lynch specifically is because MM has the best mail on our board, but as I suggested my preference would be Wright if we’re considering alternatives to Cox. Kreuger’s also done along with AJ so we need options.

Reminds of when we picked up Sam Kekovich He injured himself in the warm up
It’s funny it reminds me more of Jesse Hogan who cost about the same and was absolutely cooked mentally and physically. The reality is though neither reminder is relevant.

So add Lynch and our key forwards next year would be a mix of four old, injury-prone, past-their-prime blokes in Checkers, Cox, Lynch and McStay? Can’t wait!

So we’re giving up on developing Reef, Kreuger, Steene, Smit as marking forwards?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think I took him on face value as I suggested because with Cox we should be considering alternatives as we discussed no less than a week ago re Lobb. My two cents is you aren’t taking him literally enough because it doesn’t align with your views. The reason I’m entertaining Lynch specifically is because MM has the best mail on our board, but as I suggested my preference would be Wright if we’re considering alternatives to Cox. Kreuger’s also done along with AJ so we need options.

His face value didn't look serious to me. However, a fit Lynch would definitely give us much needed depth in the position.

I don't think it'd add much to our best 22, but it would certainly improve us over the course of the season when we're likely to have at least one of Cameron, Checkers, Lynch, Cox, McStay out at times.

I'd like it, but whether or not it is realistic probably comes down to whether we play Cox as the best we've got or whether we do really value the role's contribution in the ruck - a role that McStay looked pretty ordinary in when he played it last year - and I doubt it'd be Lynch given those ruck minutes considering his age and body.

Hope I’m wrong as complete champion

To me at times he looked like man that’s had enough a few times against Brisbane
The injuries may have taken a toll
its been a long year for him, carrying an injured foot for the last half of the year
just needs a break, gets some sun over the off season and he will be rejuvenated
missed a lot of football over his career with his back etc, i think he has at least 2 years left in him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back