List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the presser and he said that he's had multiple chats with Keane and he's confident he wants to be there. I think Nicks would be quite disappointed if he left in contract
That’s PR speak. Of course he’d be disappointed. But what he actually said is a far cry from what you initially claimed he said.

That’s PR speak. Of course he’d be disappointed. But what he actually said is a far cry from what you initially claimed he said.
yeah possibly I was reading between the lines, All interpretation
Time will tell. If he stays or leaves. But yeah its likely PR talk.
Hopefully he stays for their sake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article I linked notes he is on $650K per year.
"Lukosius is in the second year of a four-year deal worth at least $650,000 a season."
Unless it is indexed or back ended that isn't a lot.
Cal Twomey said it would take offers close to $1M to get him to leave GCS. Not that he was on $1M.
That’s “at least” which isn’t exactly rock solid numbers, but neither are the ones it seems I’ve made up. Based on GC’s list structure back ending could go either way the indexing though would be the kicker which I think is a given and would have him at $850k.

Reading the lay of the land it’s a Tom Mitchell salary dump rather than a Jack Bowes one to keep room for Andrew who’s receiving godfather offers right now. It’s buyer beware if you ask me and if it were my nuts on the line I’m not involving a 1st Rd pick on a guy who’s less of a KPF than all of our forwards except Hill and McReery. By that I mean all of McStay, Mihocek, WHE, Elliott, Cox and Schultz play the role of a KPF target better than Lukocious because he lacks competitiveness.

A few thoughts / activities to help through the off season:

Oct - manage grief of no finals by watching endless replays of 2023 finals. Put off mowing lawn. Become seduced by footy rumours

Nov - mow lawn, watch Melbourne Cup. Watch draft night. Check fixture for AFL sanctioned rorts against Pies

Dec - prepare for in-law invasions. Invent creative new salad to go with turkey. Watch Sydney to Hobart, Boxing Day test etc

Jan - more cricket. Sleep during the day if not watching cricket. Go back to office when no-one else is. Watch some tennis.

Feb - entertain thoughts of footy starting again. Book holiday when schools are back. Go to Morwell to watch pre-season game. Stay overnight and spend a day in the Supreme Court at poisonous mushroom trial.

Mar - watch other suckers play in Round Zero 👹😂. Steel self and family for another season of footy and BigFooty.

Old manic would have to harden him up a bit at first
I don't think he's soft. That one that Cornes carried on about was just being too attacking and trying to take the ball on the turn to eat clear for a shot on goal. He just misjudged it with his opponent getting there fractionally too early for it to work.

Nick has the odd moment like that.

That’s “at least” which isn’t exactly rock solid numbers, but neither are the ones it seems I’ve made up. Based on GC’s list structure back ending could go either way the indexing though would be the kicker which I think is a given and would have him at $850k.

Reading the lay of the land it’s a Tom Mitchell salary dump rather than a Jack Bowes one to keep room for Andrew who’s receiving godfather offers right now. It’s buyer beware if you ask me and if it were my nuts on the line I’m not involving a 1st Rd pick on a guy who’s less of a KPF than all of our forwards except Hill and McReery. By that I mean all of McStay, Mihocek, WHE, Elliott, Cox and Schultz play the role of a KPF target better than Lukocious because he lacks competitiveness.
Ok.

But on Tom Mitchell it was part salary dump but moving him on was more to do with creating AFL playing space for young guys. JOM and Mitchell out, so that Day and Newcombe could play more midfield time.

I don't think he's soft. That one that Cornes carried on about was just being too attacking and trying to take the ball on the turn to eat clear for a shot on goal. He just misjudged it with his opponent getting there fractionally too early for it to work.

Nick has the odd moment like that.
I have no idea if he's soft to be honest. I just want to harden him up for the sake of it

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back