List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree for the most part.

Wright has been below average for a while, but also has shown he’s capable of winning a club b and f
- so upside is there. If he could be had for a 3rd rounder as a Cox ‘succession plan’ then I’d consider it.

Would pull the trigger on Richard’s and a 2nd for Bergman is a heartbeat if Richard’s requested a trade.

Keane for a 3rd I’d do. We’ve really missed Murphy structurally, and whilst Keane is no Murph, he fills the hole. I’m increasingly disillusioned with Framps who has a good moment every now and then followed by multiple head scratchers.

I’m torn between bringing in an extra mid like Peatling or backing in Allan w Long as backup for a development year. Wish we’d seen more of Allan at backend of season as one game against witches hats is not a big enough sample size.

Cumming I’d be strongly pursuing.
Cumming we should be all over. Solves Daicos HBF issue.

That would certainly shake the foundations of contracts and the medical decisions made by clubs.

Yes - and it would end up in court for months - most likely well into the start of next season. So it would completely stuff up the coming trade period and draft, too.

It would also turn a MFC Premiership Player, Norm Smith Medallist and multiple All Australian into a hated outcast at the club where he has built his whole career. Who would choose to do that?

The consequences are so immense that it’s almost impossible to believe that it could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cumming we should be all over. Solves Daicos HBF issue.
Bergman is a better option to go for who's far younger

Not to mention we already have Noble, Quaynor, Jaicos, Parker to rotate though half back even without Bergman

To sign Cummings would be to be competing with other clubs on the basis of wages and contract length, we would be paying him overs to come to the club

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes - and it would end up in court for months - most likely well into the start of next season. So it would completely stuff up the coming trade period and draft, too.

It would also turn a MFC Premiership Player, Norm Smith Medallist and multiple All Australian into a hated outcast at the club where he has built his whole career. Who would choose to do that?

The consequences are so immense that it’s almost impossible to believe that it could happen.

I didn't realise until I watched the replay that he chose not to do the interview before the game.

Sounds like that was more PR being forced on him.

Bergman is a better option to go for who's far younger

Not to mention we already have Noble, Quaynor, Jaicos, Parker to rotate though half back even without Bergman

To sign Cummings would be to be competing with other clubs on the basis of wages and contract length, we would be paying him overs to come to the club

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bergman costs trade capital we don’t have, Cummings does not.

Apples and Oranges.

Weren't they not allowed to due to the risk of infection? Only his fiance initially was allowed to visit.

I recall that. But what about afterwards? Maybe they didn’t try to enquire by phone with hospital staff or visit his family? Only CP and his family will know.

Why would he be hated? If there was basis to it, I expect most of their supporters would understand and blame the club, not him.

Last edited:
I recall that. But what about afterwards? Maybe they didn’t try to enquire by phone with hospital staff or visit his family? Only CP and his family will know.
Don't know. But it's telling that they don't seem to have had much contact with him since. And that he also chose to cancel the pre game interview the club was promoting.

He didn't look particularly comfortable/happy in any of the shots of him at the game.

Don't know. But it's telling that they don't seem to have had much contact with him since. And that he also chose to cancel the pre game interview the club was promoting.

He didn't look particularly comfortable/happy in any of the shots of him at the game.
It seems to have gone from bad to worse to catastrophic.
Pert still saying it's the best culture he's been around in 40 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently hes prepared to tare up the contract and start again elsewhere, mentally he is a mess ATM and he has no faith in any aspect of the Melbourne football club , is family are reportably also seething,

I have absolutely no doubt he wants to leave Melbourne, and there's nothing Melbourne could say that will change anyones mind, that is Petracca's first option. And l have no doubt that his family want him to leave the D's, yesterday!
I also would be very confident in saying that he wants to be a Collingwood player, and l'm sure discussions between him, his management and his family have revolved about getting out of the Melbourne footy club and how to get to Collingwood.
I'm also sure his management have told him, that would be a very difficult excercise, as they wouldn't be able to trade for you, due to a lack of being able to sufficiently give anything near what Melbourne would want, UNLESS Collingwood did something extreme in a trade with another club or clubs to get trade collateral.....
This is how l imagine any discussions are going between Trac and those looking after him. And l'm also sure he's at the realisation that he may more than likely, will have to stay at Melbourne.
The thing that makes me know he's focused on trying to leave Melbourne, is that nothing has come from him, saying that he has no intention of leaving Melbourne. Eventhough Melbourne may have asked him to maybe do something along those lines, to stop the innuendo, he still hasn't. Zero from Trac and his management....

I reckon you and all 20-odd people that liked your comment need to settle the hell down. It was not a swipe at Bytel whatsoever, it was a swipe at soreplums who has done the typical thing that people on BF (and other socials) do - making some big claim that gets the masses all excited and frothing at the mouth but choosing the completely ignore requests from people to follow up and instead choosing to bask in the attention they have brought to themselves.

On top of that, it's a swipe at people that make comments like "Bytel is not the future" which were CONSTANT in last night's match thread despite him not playing. They are the ones that have complexes about fringe players, not me.

Unfortunately, I can't help but feel that the 20ish people that have jumped on board to like your comment are doing so because it's someone clapping back at me specifically. Most of the people choosing to like your comment would prefer I just F off and die.

Apologies and you are right. I should not have replied to necessarily that individual post. I did not mean it to be about you personally. I don’t know your posting history.
I should have stated that in general we should post about players as if they themselves will read it. I was just frustrated at the pile on to some players who are just trying to make it in the afl.
The Pies have a passionate supporter base. The downside is we can go over the top.
I wish you well.

I have absolutely no doubt he wants to leave Melbourne, and there's nothing Melbourne could say that will change anyones mind, that is Petracca's first option. And l have no doubt that his family want him to leave the D's, yesterday!
I also would be very confident in saying that he wants to be a Collingwood player, and l'm sure discussions between him, his management and his family have revolved about getting out of the Melbourne footy club and how to get to Collingwood.
I'm also sure his management have told him, that would be a very difficult excercise, as they wouldn't be able to trade for you, due to a lack of being able to sufficiently give anything near what Melbourne would want, UNLESS Collingwood did something extreme in a trade with another club or clubs to get trade collateral.....
This is how l imagine any discussions are going between Trac and those looking after him. And l'm also sure he's at the realisation that he may more than likely, will have to stay at Melbourne.
The thing that makes me know he's focused on trying to leave Melbourne, is that nothing has come from him, saying that he has no intention of leaving Melbourne. Eventhough Melbourne may have asked him to maybe do something along those lines, to stop the innuendo, he still hasn't. Zero from Trac and his management....

If he is that adamant Melbourne might have accept a much lower trade.
Much like Collingwood has had to in recent years on trades including a big name trade in Grundy who was on a massive contract for many years to go.

What did we get for Grundy again who was a top 2/3 ruck in the AFL at the time?

Contracts seem to be very breakable in the AFL. As a general rule, I am all for clubs being firm on holding a player to their contract but there can be extenuating circumstances?

Didn't Beams want to be traded to the Lions to be with his dying Dad? In the end that deal got done even though we wanted to keep Beams and probably could have got an even better deal from the Suns.

I've heard that apparently petraca and his management are investigating through solicitors if they have a right to break the contract due to medical negligence. I'm not saying it will happen but apparently that's where this all sits I'm guessing the AFL are involved where this all lands I don't have a clue 🤷
Jeff Browne would have a pretty good idea of AFL- player legal stuff

I've heard that apparently petraca and his management are investigating through solicitors if they have a right to break the contract due to medical negligence. I'm not saying it will happen but apparently that's where this all sits I'm guessing the AFL are involved where this all lands I don't have a clue 🤷
Even if this leads to a Court case it will take years, and Petracca will need to step away from the game.
So I suspect the AFL to avoid public debate, will intervene and grant Petracca some special consideration to void his contract if they are convinced gross negligence took place.

They need forwards and a replacement mid So Macrae, Ash Johnson and Krueger would be fair.
Careful Sr the fun police are on the lookout!
Post like this are just mean spirited. I detest all the subtle and not so subtle potting of fringe players. Bytel, Sullivan, long, Ash, etc may not be setting the world on fire but they have busted their arses for our club and put their bodies on the line. They should be treated with respect. Not as some sort of punchline.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back